Sign in to follow this  
NASDAQ

Ronnie Brown

Should get at least 20 carries a game, plus rec's

I think potential is there, could be excellent franchise in my op.

while it's certainly possible, I think reaching for him in the 1st would be a poor value propisition. If I had the 1.12 pick, I would undoubtedly consider him at 2.01 though.

I just don't like risking my 1st round pick on a sophmore who didn't even play a full season last year.

Again - not saying he doesn't have the chance to finish top 10 - Ijust probably wouldn't draft him there. Depends on where I'm picking though. Since I generally go with RBs early, once S.A., LT2, L.J. (not necessarily in that order) Portis, Edge are gone, then you need to start looking at the Cadillacs, Ronnie Browns, and such.

I might be inclined to grab him over a Jamal Lewis and would certainly take him over an unproven guy in a new and rebuilding offense like Chester Taylor...but he's a bit dicey in the 1st. I might be tempted to take one of the elite WRs with my 1st and grab him in the 2nd.

But that said, 1.12 of Cadillac and 2.01 of Ronnie Brown would probably keep you competitive, but it's a big risk with 2 sophmores, both of whom were injured last season.

while it's certainly possible, I think reaching for him in the 1st would be a poor value propisition. If I had the 1.12 pick, I would undoubtedly consider him at 2.01 though.

I just don't like risking my 1st round pick on a sophmore who didn't even play a full season last year.

Again - not saying he doesn't have the chance to finish top 10 - Ijust probably wouldn't draft him there. Depends on where I'm picking though. Since I generally go with RBs early, once S.A., LT2, L.J. (not necessarily in that order) Portis, Edge are gone, then you need to start looking at the Cadillacs, Ronnie Browns, and such.

I might be inclined to grab him over a Jamal Lewis and would certainly take him over an unproven guy in a new and rebuilding offense like Chester Taylor...but he's a bit dicey in the 1st. I might be tempted to take one of the elite WRs with my 1st and grab him in the 2nd.

But that said, 1.12 of Cadillac and 2.01 of Ronnie Brown would probably keep you competitive, but it's a big risk with 2 sophmores, both of whom were injured last season.

Good assessment. A lot of people were burned last year by KJ and JJ, a couple of sophmores who played only partial seasons the year before. I'd like to see him shoulder the load once in his career before risking a high pick on him.

Assuming Ricky won't play:

I think he'll provide mid-late 1st round value and will be had in the early - mid 2nd round. With all the uncertainty outside of the 1st tier (LJ, SA, LT) and the 2nd tier (Portis, Edge, ?), I think you can lump him in with the LaMont Jordans, Steven Jacksons, etc. Promising RBs without a stud season yet.

Speaking of Ricky.... has anyone heard anything on this lately? Seems like there is hardly any news on this since it broke.

I think he was spotted in India meditating and smoking opium.

Ronnie has skills and showed them this last year. I think he will be right around the 9-12 range by the end of the year.