Sign in to follow this  
FantasyKing

Satellite radio users - accessing in house

Guys - is there any way to get satellite radio to transmit on normal radios in your house? I have the FM transmitter for one of my cars where it plays through the radio - I'm wondering if there's something like that for the house? I'd like to get sat. radio to play in any room I want to pickup a signal. I know there is a strong antenna you can mount on your roof to increase the signal strength - but I wanna be able to get the signal anywhere I want. What do you guys do?

I know you can get the home kits that hook right up to your home stereos, pretty cheap too. Not sure about the reception though, you might need to keep your stereo by the windows with that, I'm hoping to get one soon (especially if I get a wave radio), but I don't know much at this point.

Guys - is there any way to get satellite radio to transmit on normal radios in your house? I have the FM transmitter for one of my cars where it plays through the radio - I'm wondering if there's something like that for the house? I'd like to get sat. radio to play in any room I want to pickup a signal. I know there is a strong antenna you can mount on your roof to increase the signal strength - but I wanna be able to get the signal anywhere I want. What do you guys do?

Yeah I just bought one.... how much depends on your model... just go to ebay and type in your radio model and it'll pop up... probably like 20-30 bucks

I actually will sometimes bring the bracket in from my car (it's not attached .. I bent it so it fits in my cup holder) and use the FM transmitter built into it. It works pretty well. I can have it turned on in my bedroom upstairs and pick it up on the radios downstairs.

If you can't do that, maybe look into one of the FM transmitters designed for a MP3 players? Some of them just plug into the speaker/headphone jack.

Steebo should be here for this one. He was pretty pissed that it didn't work inside his house. He has to go out on his poarch to hear anything.

You were vague on which company and what product, but it is definitely possible.

I have an XM MyFi, the XM portable receiver and it has a built-in FM modulator. I have a south-facing antenna in my house (XM radios need a south-facing antenna). When I bring in the receiver from the car, I hook the antenna up to the receiver and it broadcasts to every radio in my apartment, no problemo.

I have a boombox in my kitchen that I plug my receiver into, and a cradle in the basement that hooks up my AV Receiver, then an antenna out to the window.

I have a boombox in my kitchen that I plug my receiver into, and a cradle in the basement that hooks up my AV Receiver, then an antenna out to the window.

Stern>O&A

:thumbsup:

B)

Oh he was definitely right and I was asking for Sirius because I wanna hear Stern throughout my house (NFL too) - Opie and Anthony blow!

I'm thinking of trying to do what EndGame has done - I'm wondering how good the signal will be picking up on FM radios in the house. My wifes car has a portable unit and the cup holder bracket - I'm not sure if I have the power cord to plug that in other than the cigarette lighter adaptor.

Thanks for the responses!

I have the Starmate Sirius receiver and it has a built in fm modulator and the signal travels thru my house just fine. The receiver sits in my basement and I can get a clean signal in my room upstairs on the far side of the house.

O&A have a real Howard fetish. Too bad they make all 3 members of their army go to all Howard events to try and disrupt them.

O&A have a real Howard fetish. Too bad they make all 3 members of their army go to all Howard events to try and disrupt them.

Are you serious? Howard was the one that forbid O&A from talking about him! :first: 3 members! :clap: You Stern fans are ridiculous.

Are you serious? Howard was the one that forbid O&A from talking about him! :clap: 3 members! :mad: You Stern fans are ridiculous.

:first:

Even when I did listen to Stern, at least I knew when he was BS'ing me.

:wub:

Even when I did listen to Stern, at least I knew when he was BS'ing me.

Gutter looks up to O&A

Gutter looks up to O&A

Of course (because he's short, yeah, I know), but he's right on this one. Stern even admitted on Sean Hannity's show last week to having the company that they both worked for back in the day censor O&A - which is why they rip on him so much now.

Anyway, this thread's about getting the signal in the house, which is possible.

I have the Starmate Sirius receiver and it has a built in fm modulator and the signal travels thru my house just fine. The receiver sits in my basement and I can get a clean signal in my room upstairs on the far side of the house.

O&A are simply jealous. They know they can NEVER get to the levels that Howard Stern has.

But they clearly respect his work. From what I hear, they have been stealing his material for years. :wacko:

I have the Sirius Sportster. I also got the boombox. I have it sitting in an area of my room where it gets a good single and my stereo downstairs picks it up. My car also picks it up when I'm warming it up in the morning.

It can be tricky picking up a signal. When I had it near the window it didn't work. I moved it about 12 feet away and got a perfect signal. So, try it in different place to see where it gets the best signal.

And you just tune in any radio to get this Big? That's awesome - that's exactly what I'm looking for, I have to check out the Starmate. I wonder if Gutteboy is in O&A's "Army"? LOL

Are you serious? Howard was the one that forbid O&A from talking about him! :blink: 3 members! :mad: You Stern fans are ridiculous.

Man you are funny - why would Howard care about what they say? They have like 10 listeners. Dice was on Stern yesterday, and he was pretty big in getting Dopie and AHole popular by going on their show and bashing Stern - he was talking such crap about them and how they have no talent.

And you just tune in any radio to get this Big? That's awesome - that's exactly what I'm looking for, I have to check out the Starmate. I wonder if Gutteboy is in O&A's "Army"? LOL

Man you are funny - why would Howard care about what they say? They have like 10 listeners. Dice was on Stern yesterday, and he was pretty big in getting Dopie and AHole popular by going on their show and bashing Stern - he was talking such crap about them and how they have no talent.

Yup. Dice basically said O&A is where you go when you can't get on Howard's show.

I don't know why Stern gagged them, but he did, he admitted it. Also, Dice's career was over when he was on O&A, they brought him back, they sold out the Garden for him, and he admitted on stage that he owes everything to them for what they've done for him. Then he goes on Stern and bashes them, he's a joke. You really need to get your facts straight, you're another Howard Sheep.

Yup. Dice basically said O&A is where you go when you can't get on Howard's show.

Dice is a joke.

Dice is a joke.

I can't disagree with you about Dice. He is a joke, although he has some crazy personal stories to tell.

But I still think O&A will never get to Howard's level. He paved the way for copycats like O&A to suceed.

I can't disagree with you about Dice. He is a joke, although he has some crazy personal stories to tell.

But I still think O&A will never get to Howard's level. He paved the way for copycats like O&A to suceed.

Actually if you want to go there, Imus paved the way for Howard. O&A did not copy Howard, they do a different show. As far as reaching Howard's level, I don't know what your measure is.

Please explain this one.

Imus was the original "shock jock" on WNBC, that's where Stern started. Imus was the king and made fun of the new kid, they had ratings battles, then finally Stern outdrew Imus. As Imus got older, he changed his show and now draws a different audience. Same thing when O&A came to NY in the late 90's, drew from the same audience, Stern calls them hacks, blah blah, same ######.

Imus was the original "shock jock" on WNBC, that's where Stern started. Imus was the king and made fun of the new kid, they had ratings battles, then finally Stern outdrew Imus. As Imus got older, he changed his show and now draws a different audience. Same thing when O&A came to NY in the late 90's, drew from the same audience, Stern calls them hacks, blah blah, same ######.

Stern>O&A>IMUS>Poop>Toro