Sign in to follow this  
hoffdaddy

Mike Flanagan signs with Houston

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=410455

Flanagan received a three-year contract worth $9 million from the Houston Texans, where he will be reunited with assistant head coach and offensive line coach Mike Sherman. He will get a $3 million signing bonus.

I like the guy, but he was a liability last season. Hopefully he gets healthy for Houston.

Tough to lose another interior lineman, but it was time. You know, I wish him the best too.

How about Sherman? From GM/head coach to OL coach in two seasons. That's free-fall performance, my friends!

Tought to lose him as we need the depth...but his injuries made his play subpar last year and magnified the loss of the two guards.

I wish him well as he was a heck of a player...probably Green Bay's best Olineman when he was healthy those years...versatile and guts out even through pain.

not a Texan fan...but I'm still happy to see them making adjustments on that putrid O-line. It's been one of the worst in the league since the Texans have been in the league.

not a Texan fan...but I'm still happy to see them making adjustments on that putrid O-line. It's been one of the worst in the league since the Texans have been in the league.

Alot of the Texans o-line problems were piss poor coaching. One of Reeves comments to Bob McNair was he couldn't believe the simplistic blocking schemes the Texans were using.

Alot of the Texans o-line problems were piss poor coaching. One of Reeves comments to Bob McNair was he couldn't believe the simplistic blocking schemes the Texans were using.

whatever the case...there was a lot of SUCK@#!

am i the only person that thinks they should trade down and get more picks and get some OL instead of a running back????? i dont think dd was too bad considering he was pretty much the only weapon that they had last year still had decent year. let me hear from you

am i the only person that thinks they should trade down and get more picks and get some OL instead of a running back????? i dont think dd was too bad considering he was pretty much the only weapon that they had last year still had decent year. let me hear from you

No, you're not the only one. No, DD was not too bad.

But, you do not trade down from a chance to take a game breaking, game changing player that your franchise has never had. He can be the No. 2 WR you've never had, the explosive RB you've never had and the punt return threat you've never had - all in one player.

OL is deep in the draft this year. Superstars are not.