Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

I get so p!ssed at this kinda crap on ebay.

Grandma, is that you?

why would you be buying this POS?

Because I have no idea about any of this kind of stuff. I just throw darts and buy sh!t off ebay.

:doublethumbsup:

Actually, was just looking to see what item it was. I'm not buying it. If it were the one I was looking for, then I'd be buying it. Idiots that have no clue about values, sell this stuff for like a buck sometimes. I have 2 AT&T Americas' cup TeleTickets from 1996--in their original envelopes. Got em both from one guy for .99 + shipping. I think I was questioned then also, about buying a POS.

Because he can? It's not so bad that he charges it... it's that he charges a premium for it.

It's a crock of sh!t that he charges it. Just like it's a crock of sh!t when someone charges for insurance. It's their focking responsibility to get it to me without it being broken-so THEY need to pay the insurance.

They also need to pay for delivery confirmation. I'll know if I get an item that I purchase. They won't. So they're (the seller) the ones that need delivery confirmation.

If a buyer doesn't get an item, and disputes it with Paypal, Paypal will take the money from the seller's account, and put it in the buyer's account UNLESS the seller can PROVE the buyer received it.

I have ordered stuff from Cabelas, Amazon, Wal-mart.com, Target.com, etc...the list goes on. Not once--EVER have any of them told me I need to pay to see whether I get the product or not. And not once have an told me "Insurance is optional". Yeah--for them it is. If it arrives broke, it's on them, not me. The shipper is responsible for this stuff, and you have these morons on ebay trying to charge for it.

They should mark the item up to cover the cost if they need to, instead.

I've also seen sellers put this in their item description: "Once I take it to the post office, I'm not responsible for it" (this usually is a hint to buy their "optional" insurance)

It's a crock of sh!t that he charges it. Just like it's a crock of sh!t when someone charges for insurance. It's their focking responsibility to get it to me without it being broken-so THEY need to pay the insurance.

No, it isn't a crock. It’s especially not a crock if it is clearly listed in the auction that the buyer is to pay for ALL shipping charges. If you don’t like it, then don’t buy it.

I’m guessing you believe that car dealerships should be responsible for your car insurance, too? Or maybe the builder/realtor/previous owner responsible for your homeowner’s insurance?

Once you bought it, it’s yours. You should accept responsibility for any potential damage in transit or find yourself a seller who is willing to pay to insure your item.

They also need to pay for delivery confirmation. I'll know if I get an item that I purchase. They won't. So they're (the seller) the ones that need delivery confirmation.

One could make that argument. This is precisely why I don’t itemize what the shipping charges are. I simply make sure that the listed shipping charge covers everything I want it to. If I list insurance as optional, it’s just that. If I list insurance as required, you’re paying for it.

I have ordered stuff from Cabelas, Amazon, Wal-mart.com, Target.com, etc...the list goes on. Not once--EVER have any of them told me I need to pay to see whether I get the product or not. And not once have an told me "Insurance is optional". Yeah--for them it is. If it arrives broke, it's on them, not me. The shipper is responsible for this stuff, and you have these morons on ebay trying to charge for it.

Actually, if you pay for shipping, particularly via UPS or FedEx… you’ve paid for delivery confirmation. That’s what the tracking number is. And further, more often than not, if they take care of refunding you money for things that arrive broken, it’s because they’ve chosen to accept responsibility for damage caused during shipment. I’m not Target or Walmart… I’m Johnny McEgay and I clearly state in my auctions that you are responsible for damage during transit, so if you want to protect yourself, insure the item.

They should mark the item up to cover the cost if they need to, instead.

I've also seen sellers put this in their item description: "Once I take it to the post office, I'm not responsible for it" (this usually is a hint to buy their "optional" insurance)

So what you’re saying is, it’s okay to charge you delivery confirmation and insurance if they don’t disclose that fact to you. Man, you’re brilliant.

Those are called “terms and conditions” – if you don’t like them, move along, you big whining b!tch.

Anything smaller than a pound, I charge 5 for shipping and 2 for insurance.

I ship it normal, with signature required (which I pay for) and insurance.

I usually barely break even on the shipping. I want to make sure it's signed for and insured, is that so bad?

Once you bought it, it’s yours. your item.

Okay, you list something on ebay, I'll buy it, don't insure it, don't place delivery confirmation on it. I'll tell paypal I didn't get it. They'll ask you for PROOF I got it. You got any? If not, I get my money back. That's how it works, like it or not. You'd then lose your money. Your money.

I know all the reputable online retailers like Wal-Mart, Sams, Cabelas, Viking Office Products, Amazon, Best Buy, etc all have that in their fine print: "You bought it, it's yours. If it arrives broke, tough sh!t"

Call the Post office. Ask them if Delivery Confirmation is to protect the shipper or recipient. Ask who collects the insurance money, if needed.

No, it isn't a crock. It’s especially not a crock if it is clearly listed in the auction that the buyer is to pay for ALL shipping charges. If you don’t like it, then don’t buy it.

Those are called “terms and conditions” – if you don’t like them, move along, you big whining b!tch.

You must have missed this post. Here it is again in condensed form.

Now shut up! :mad:

So what you’re saying is, it’s okay to charge you delivery confirmation and insurance if they don’t disclose that fact to you. Man, you’re brilliant.

Best Buy and Walmart charge for their "other costs" and they don't disclose them. Did you pay $12 + tax for the CD, or did you pay $10 + .50 that Walmart paid to get it delivered to them, + .50 to pay their lights, + .50 to pay their employees, + .50 that Walmart pays to insure their inventory? Do they itemize every freakin cost of business on their end? Does Best Buy? Do you think they'd receive any flack if they started doing it that way?

Man, you're brilliant.

:mad:

You must have missed this post. Here it is again in condensed form.

Now shut up! :mad:

I don't give a fock about shipping charges. That's not what I was referring to. Delivery confirmation and insurance aren't shipping charges.

Speaking of missing posts, both of you butt pirates obviously missed my initial posts if you are talking about shipping.

I guess at this point we'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe with 4 more posts each, we'll begin to see it the way the other sees it. :mad: