Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Hey Wings fans

I found this blurb at the bottom of a Detroit News article.... can anybody fill me on on how that interview went? I'm curious as to the latest. Thanks.

....Jiri Fischer (heart ailment) speaks to Fox Sports Net Detroit on its pregame show tonight. Fischer hasn't spoken publicly since his news conference shortly after being stricken on the Wings' bench in a game Nov. 21 against Nashville.

didn't see it and can't find a transcript(yet)

here is an excerpt:

excerpt from the interview, as Fischer answers how often he thinks about the Nov. 21 incident in which he collapsed on the bench, went into cardiac arrest and was revived via an automated defibrillator: “Not daily, but quite frequently. But I don’t look at that night as a bad thing at all. Everybody says 'I’m very sorry for what happened,’ which I extremely appreciate, but I always say, why would you be? It could have been a lot worse. I’m not trying to be cheesy, but when you get that close to not being here – everything could have been taken away instantly – and being here, being healthy, mentally being fine…it’s really like winning the lottery, so I’ve already won mine. I don't take many things for granted anymore. I feel very good about every day.”