Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Raiders won't be eliminated until November this year

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/OAK

After starting 0-3 against New England, Kansas City, and Philly (pre-McNabb and Owens departures) in 2005, the Raiders this time have a very different look to their schedule in 2006:

Sep 11 San Diego 10:15pm (Monday)

Sep 17 @Baltimore 1:00pm

Week 3 BYE

Oct 1 Cleveland 4:15pm

Oct 8 @San Francisco 4:05pm

Oct 15 @Denver 8:15pm (Sunday Night)

Oct 22 Arizona 4:15pm

Oct 29 Pittsburgh 4:15pm

Nov 6 @Seattle 8:30pm (Monday)

Nov 12 Denver 4:05pm

Nov 19 @Kansas City 1:00pm

Nov 26 @San Diego 4:05pm

Dec 3 Houston 4:05pm

Dec 10 @Cincinnati 1:00pm

Dec 17 St. Louis 4:15pm

Dec 23 Kansas City 8:00pm (Saturday)

Dec 31 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

My question: What the hell good is a week 3 bye? If the Raiders are going to squeak into the playoffs (and make no mistake, that is the best they can really hope for), do they really need a bye before a home game against Cleveland and a short road trip to San Francisco? Please. If anything the bye is going to hurt them because they will have less regular season experience at that point. You want your byes later in the season when injuries (both minor and major) have mounted.

Even so, with Baltimore, Cleveland, San Fran, and Arizona on the schedule in September and October, the Raiders figure to still be alive when Pittsburgh comes to town week 8. But then they play Pittsburgh, @Seattle, Denver, @Kansas City, and @San Diego. Four of their toughest conference games and their toughest non-conference game all in one bunch, it sure would be nice to have a bye somewhere in between there.

Also, interestingly they have 2 Monday Night games and 4 Prime Time games total, after having 0 Monday Night games and 2 Prime Time games total last year. I can't say they've done anything to deserve the national exposure.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/OAK

After starting 0-3 against New England, Kansas City, and Philly (pre-McNabb and Owens departures) in 2005, the Raiders this time have a very different look to their schedule in 2006:

Sep 11 San Diego 10:15pm (Monday)

Sep 17 @Baltimore 1:00pm

Week 3 BYE

Oct 1 Cleveland 4:15pm

Oct 8 @San Francisco 4:05pm

Oct 15 @Denver 8:15pm (Sunday Night)

Oct 22 Arizona 4:15pm

Oct 29 Pittsburgh 4:15pm

Nov 6 @Seattle 8:30pm (Monday)

Nov 12 Denver 4:05pm

Nov 19 @Kansas City 1:00pm

Nov 26 @San Diego 4:05pm

Dec 3 Houston 4:05pm

Dec 10 @Cincinnati 1:00pm

Dec 17 St. Louis 4:15pm

Dec 23 Kansas City 8:00pm (Saturday)

Dec 31 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

My question: What the hell good is a week 3 bye? If the Raiders are going to squeak into the playoffs (and make no mistake, that is the best they can really hope for), do they really need a bye before a home game against Cleveland and a short road trip to San Francisco? Please. If anything the bye is going to hurt them because they will have less regular season experience at that point. You want your byes later in the season when injuries (both minor and major) have mounted.

Even so, with Baltimore, Cleveland, San Fran, and Arizona on the schedule in September and October, the Raiders figure to still be alive when Pittsburgh comes to town week 8. But then they play Pittsburgh, @Seattle, Denver, @Kansas City, and @San Diego. Four of their toughest conference games and their toughest non-conference game all in one bunch, it sure would be nice to have a bye somewhere in between there.

Also, interestingly they have 2 Monday Night games and 4 Prime Time games total, after having 0 Monday Night games and 2 Prime Time games total last year. I can't say they've done anything to deserve the national exposure.

they have randy and there has to be a player where the announcers can go on about

<_<

bookmarked

:rolleyes:

Pssst... we were eliminated from the playoffs offically today when the schedule was announced :D It will just take longer for it to sink in this year is all.....

I can't say they've done anything to deserve the national exposure.

The Raiders have become the NFL's version of a dysfunctional reality TV show. That stuff is hot right now. Of course the Raiders deserve the exposure. Must see TV. :D

The Raiders have become the NFL's version of a dysfunctional reality TV show. That stuff is hot right now. Of course the Raiders deserve the exposure. Must see TV. :D

I would agree with you if the league had scheduled it like that last year.

AL Davis owns the team and Art Shell (what, was Tom Flores not available? :D ) is the coach.

Playoffs? ahh...no. more like 6-10 if lucky.

I wonder what Randy Moss is these days. He's an elite player with a chip on his shoulder and a heck of a lot of work to do if he even wants to sniff Jerry Rice's records. No doubt there's part of him wishing he was on a team that had good play-calling, and/or good pass-blocking, and/or good quarterbacking. Or a turf surface, or a defense and special teams that help keep the offense near the opponent's end zone. At the same time I'm sure he believes in himself and is confident he can get it done anytime, anywhere.

I guess, hopefully, he's more worried about what he can do to keep getting better and hopefully stay healthy in the process. But after a 4-12 season, and in a career with three double-digit-loss seasons, one has to wonder how the mind might wander...

I wonder what Randy Moss is these days. He's an elite player with a chip on his shoulder and a heck of a lot of work to do if he even wants to sniff Jerry Rice's records. No doubt there's part of him wishing he was on a team that had good play-calling, and/or good pass-blocking, and/or good quarterbacking. At the same time I'm sure he believes in himself and is confident he can get it done with just about any teammates. Or a turf surface, or a defense and special teams that help keep the offense near the opponent's end zone.

I guess, hopefully, he's more worried about what he can do to keep getting better and hopefully stay healthy in the process. But after a 4-12 season, and in a career with three double-digit-loss seasons, one has to wonder how the mind might wander...

An interesting take.... He definitely got off to a bad start with injuries last year. I think he was seriously hyped up last year and ready to take the league by storm. You have to wonder if he still is... my gut says yes. Say what you will about Randy, but he wants to perform.. not only perform, but excel... question still remains on if they have the tools to allow that to happen. At least in Minnie they had a good QB with a good Line to pass block.

Until he steps off the field, Randy is still the best WR down the field and in coverage. TO is right there, but I think Randy is better at it.