Sign in to follow this  
MicktheGreat

Tornadoes today in TN...

As some of you may have heard, a series of tornadoes swept through Tennessee today, killing several people and damaging/destroying a lot of homes, businesses, cars, schools, etc.

This is the 2nd time this week that the state has been ravaged by tornadoes. Last week, approximately 25 people were killed and lots of property was damaged from the storms. Today, thus far, approximately a dozen people have been found dead, with many more injured and/or homeless.

While much of the state was subject to lots of rain, large amounts of hail, and strong winds, it was the area in middle Tennessee (surrounding Nashville) that was hardest hit. A few cities near Nashville, like Goodlettsville and Gallatin, were absolutely devastated by today's tornadoes. The sad thing is that many more storms are expected throughout the remainder of the night...essentially many Tennesseans are in for a very long night...

Some pics (taken by various photographers) of today's events:

Large Hail

Home Destroyed

Another Home Destroyed

Cars Littering the Street

Remains of a Neighborhood

If you don't mind...keep us Tennesseans (especially those who have been adversely affected by the tornadoes thus far) in your thoughts and prayers in the upcoming days...

GB wisconsin weather..

super cold and big snow is no big deal..actually fun at times and looks better than brown grass...

but this scary weather is not cool..esp when stuff hits at night..

i can never get over the size of the hail that falls in some of these supercell storms...

hope everyone makes it through ok... :banana:

A friend and I tracked/chased the same storm system all yesterday afternoon and evening in Oklahoma and Kansas. It was nasty. I knew today was going to be bad.........