Sign in to follow this  
gatorbait7391

Marc Bulger

I was just curious with all the hype about Palmer, Brees, and CPepp. I know Bulger got hurt last year as well and was a top 3 qb before the injury. Anyboby know his status??

He is healthy now, but he seems always get injured at FF playoff time. I got burned by him 2 years in a row. :thumbsdown:

He is healthy now, but he seems always get injured at FF playoff time. I got burned by him 2 years in a row. :thumbsdown:

Yeah healthy now is moot.

If they run it far more, and throw far less, I like his odds.

But that D isn't going to do him any favors. I still have him in the top 5 QBs, but he'll always have that injury risk.

i've always tried to get bulger on my team in the past, but without martz and the fact that he usually misses some games due to injury, i don't really want him this year on my team

bulger is a stud with a great wr corpse, no matter who the coach is, bulger will get his. Injury sucks but thats a risk u have to take with a qb who can put up peyton like #'s in the later rounds.

Also read that if Young or Cutler were available the Rams would grab either one at 11. Not saying that will change this year's Bulger outlook, unless of course he goes down and never sees the field again because of a rookie QB.

I posted quite a bit on Bulger last season. I took a lot of crap from people here for posting that he wouldn't be back after week 12. Living in St. Louis has some benefits as far as hearing about your QB. To the idiots that kept posting "I'm keeping him on my team unless you can provide a link..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway... Bulger is fine right now. In a recent article in the Post-Dispatch, they stated he is healthier now than he has been in the past two seasons.

Now let me tell you why I won't draft him this season. I've picked him up in each of the prior two years. Not this time. Before Martz, Bulger was nothing. He was cut from two teams training camps. He has average arm strength and isn't the most accurate. His numbers were excellent when he played, but they were the worst of the 4 quarterbacks Mike Martz has made FF stars.

His junior year in college, many scouts had him rated as a first round pick in the next year's draft. His senior year saw a massive turn-over among players and coordinators. He went from a possible first rounder to a second-day selection. A sixth round pick by the Saints if I remember correctly. He lost all motivation as a senior.

It could happen again. Rumors were flying a month ago that he would be traded prior to the draft. Naturally the two teams mentioned were Minnesota and Detroit. He won't be traded, but they did bring in Gus and may select a QB with an early round pick.

He could put up monster numbers, but come playoff time, I want a guy who will be on the field. He doesn't do sh!t for my team if he's wearing a shoulder harness on the sideline.

When Bulger is healthy, he puts up very nice numbers but it's at the end of the season when he gets hurt and that does not bode well for your fantasy team. I expect the Rams to run the ball more unider Linehan so his numbers could be down from previous years and if you do draft Bulger, I'd make sure to get a reliable backup QB.