Sign in to follow this  
bgard72

Faulk has surgery...again

Rams | M. Faulk has surgery on both knees

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:45:06 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk (knee) has not been cleared to participate in next weekend's minicamp after having arthroscopic surgery on both knees. The clean out surgery has become almost an offseason ritual for Faulk. "I think he had some loose bodies that needed to be cleaned out," head coach Scott Linehan said. "Nothing serious. The older you get, the more time it takes just to kind of get them back to 100 percent. You've got to manage them. You can't take every (practice) snap like you used to. And the offseason's different. It's like you've got to heal up first." Linehan said he hasn't talked to Faulk recently, but he still expects him to return for the 2006 season.

Faulk has class. When they brought Jackson in he realized his time was up and passed the torch with dignity. He wants to stick around but after knee surgery at his age I wouldn't be suprised if he retired.

Not much left to prove, for this future HOFer. He has had a good career, but I think its time he hangs it up.

On a sidenote... I remember drafting this guy his rookie year with the Colts, now I feel old. ;)

If Marshall wants to continue his role as being a backup to Jackson, to me he has earned that choice. How the might have fallen!

If Marshall wants to continue his role as being a backup to Jackson, to me he has earned that choice. How the might have fallen!

Agreed. Why hang them up if you don't want to? Some guys just love being part of an NFL football team....can't fault them for that. Besides, Faulk still looked pretty good to me last year even if it was just spot duty.

After having surgery on both of his knees, it's definitely time to hang it up. Great career, but it's over.

i dont understand why u want him to retire, cause hes old or cause he has to be a back up, there are many back ups in the league that should retire then becasue they are all back ups????Marshall is a great guy to have in the locker room, someone who can display maturity in aleague filled with young minds. Hes a player/coach. Plus he can always be used in a split back situation, the man has hands. If he wants to play, and a team gives him a spot, he will earn a nice salary for being on a football team. I dont understand people like u, itl jerry rice, he was the bomb and everyone told him to retire, this aint boxing where u should retire when enough is enough, plus we will always remeber rice as a 49er not a raider or seahawk

peace :wall:

i dont understand why u want him to retire, cause hes old or cause he has to be a back up, there are many back ups in the league that should retire then becasue they are all back ups????Marshall is a great guy to have in the locker room, someone who can display maturity in aleague filled with young minds. Hes a player/coach. Plus he can always be used in a split back situation, the man has hands. If he wants to play, and a team gives him a spot, he will earn a nice salary for being on a football team. I dont understand people like u, itl jerry rice, he was the bomb and everyone told him to retire, this aint boxing where u should retire when enough is enough, plus we will always remeber rice as a 49er not a raider or seahawk

peace :wall:

Because he's going to be inline for total knee replacements by the time he's 40.