-2 pts. fumble lost/INT

RB/WR/TE:

1 pt. every 25 rush / rec yards

3 pt. bonus at 100 yards rush/rec

1 pt. bonus every 5 receptions

6 pts. rec/rush TD

-2 pts. fumble lost

I don't like this for several reasons.

My main problem is a player that gets 99 rush/rec yards gets only 3 points while a player that rushes for 100 yards (only 1 more yard) gets 7 points. So 1 stinking yard counts for 4 points!

Also, this heavily skews things in favor of TDs. So Willie Parker rushes for 148 yards and gets only 8 points while Jerome Bettis steals two GL TDs and gets 12 points. Who had the better game?

I was considering proposal a new scoring method for next season.

QB:

1 pt. every 25 yards passing

3 point bonus at 300 yards passing

6 pts. passing/rushing TD

-2 INT/fumble lost

RB/WR/TE:

1 pt. every 10 yards rush/rec

3 point bonus at 200 yards rushing/rec (so you get rewarded for a HUGE game)

1 point bonus every 5 receptions

6 pts. passing/rushing TD

-2 fumble lost

This new scoring would really help balance things out I think between TDs and yards. And also elminates the huge discrepency between minimal yard differences. I'm ok with the bonuses, but think they should only be rewarded for a HUGE game. 100 yard games are nothing special these days. What do you guys think? You have any other suggestions?

Bonus points are dumb IMO.

They are already getting extra points for the yardage, why give them more for hitting a milestone?

We do this.

1 for every 20 yards passing

1 for every 10 yards rushing

1 for every 8 yards receiving (gives more weight to receivers during the draft)

1 point per reception. (RB's get .5)

All TD's are 6 points...

This is the best system IMO and I have worked with them all...

There is no "best scoring method". It's completely subjective and to each their own. You could make an argument for and against any method imaginable. Just find a system that works for you and stick to your guns.

Try using decimal scoring if you can. It works great.

Yup, it solves that issue of 1 yard being a big factor and just about completely eliminates ties.

It doesn't matter really, it is a preference.

Draft accordingly. I am in 3 different leagues and have different rankings for each one.

It doesn't matter really, it is a preference.

Draft accordingly.

Yep. QB's that score 6 per TD pass get moved up the draft board a bit.

personally, i like to give .1 points for each yard rec/rus. So 99 yards rushing would be 9.9 points, while 100 yds would be 10 points. As accurate a representation of yardage as you can get.

for passing yards i would do .05 points per yd. that means a 200yd passing game would result in 10 points. this makes 100 yd days by RB/WR equal to a 200yd day for a QB. This makes QBs slightly more important because QBs average about 200 ypg with a huge game being 300-400yds, RB/WR avg 70-100 ypg with a huge game being 150-200yds

qbs in this system would score slightly higher on average than WRs and RBs.

I like 3 pts per turnover. for a RB/WR this is like saying 30yds is equal to a turnover. which i think is more accurate than making turnovers only 2 pts.

touchdowns i have always kept at 6 pts for all concerned. i don't like devaluing QB TDs to 4pts as is common. I think Peyton scoring 2 TDs should be worth as much as Sean Alexander scoring 2 TDs. In real football, the QB is the most important position. The RB position in FF is already distorted in importance because of the number of starting backs compared to the number fielded by ff teams, why make it more skewed by giving them more points than QBs for TDs?

I agree with others regarding bonuses. the player is already being rewarded, why give them arbitrary extra points? there is however a descent argument for it, so either way is ok.

i also like .5 per recpt and either .5 or .25 for completion. this rewards players who produce for teams, but maybe not in yardage and scoring.

thats my 2 cents.

personally, i like to give .1 points for each yard rec/rus. So 99 yards rushing would be 9.9 points, while 100 yds would be 10 points. As accurate a representation of yardage as you can get.

for passing yards i would do .05 points per yd. that means a 200yd passing game would result in 10 points. this makes 100 yd days by RB/WR equal to a 200yd day for a QB. This makes QBs slightly more important because QBs average about 200 ypg with a huge game being 300-400yds, RB/WR avg 70-100 ypg with a huge game being 150-200yds

qbs in this system would score slightly higher on average than WRs and RBs.

I like 3 pts per turnover. for a RB/WR this is like saying 30yds is equal to a turnover. which i think is more accurate than making turnovers only 2 pts.

touchdowns i have always kept at 6 pts for all concerned. i don't like devaluing QB TDs to 4pts as is common. I think Peyton scoring 2 TDs should be worth as much as Sean Alexander scoring 2 TDs. In real football, the QB is the most important position. The RB position in FF is already distorted in importance because of the number of starting backs compared to the number fielded by ff teams, why make it more skewed by giving them more points than QBs for TDs?

I agree with others regarding bonuses. the player is already being rewarded, why give them arbitrary extra points? there is however a descent argument for it, so either way is ok.

i also like .5 per recpt and either .5 or .25 for completion. this rewards players who produce for teams, but maybe not in yardage and scoring.

thats my 2 cents.

I've been looking for a new scoring method for my league, and this sounds pretty slick. What is your DST scoring like?

EDIT: Don't really care for the QB scoring. Using this scoring method based on 2005 stats T. Brady jumped from 311 pts to 397, while S. Alexander dropped from 470 to 402.6. Based on that, one could justify a Brady for Alexander trade :thumbsup: . Switching the TD passes to 4 pts. seems to do the trick.

rb's in ff are will basically always be more important than all other positions due to their scarcity unless you only start one rb and probably still even in that case. if you traded alexander for brady.....chances are he could find another qb to replace brady much easier than it would be to replace alexander. he might get a qb who only puts up 300 pts but maybe you can only get another rb who can put up 200 pts. so he'll be 100 pts ahead of you overall.

there are many more qb's that consistently put up points than rb's. then the problem doubles for most leagues when you consider that you must start two rb's and only one qb.

as far as scoring systems go.....there are infinite possibilites. i would recommend a change due to the same reasons that you mentioned. i think a td-heavy league sounds boring. there have been a lot of good suggestions and possibilities given. i'd just be careful not to do anything that throws things 'out of whack'. some combinations of rules don't work well together.

i also like the decimal scoring to greatly reduce the chances of a tie. i also like yardage bonuses as long as they are not too big.

There is no "best scoring method". It's completely subjective and to each their own. You could make an argument for and against any method imaginable. Just find a system that works for you and stick to your guns.

Totally agree. We have been using this scoring system for 10 years. We like it because it is different than every league out there. Does that make it better? Who knows but we like it.

Offense

TD 6 Pts

Int -2

Rec 2

XP 1

FG 3

Missed XP -3

Win/Loss 1/-1

# of Complete passes

6 - 10 1 pt

11 - 15 2

16 - 20 3

21 - 25 4

26 + 5

Passing Yardage

51 - 100 1

101 - 150 2

151 - 200 4

201 - 250 7

251 - 300 10

301 - 350 15

350 + 20

% of Completions

More But not

than more than

55 - 60 1

60 - 65 2

65 - 70 3

70 - 75 4

75 - 100 5

Minimum of 12 completions required for above points

# of Rushes

6 - 10 1 pt

11 - 15 2

16 - 20 3

21 - 25 4

26 + 5

Rushing Yardage

11 - 35 1

36 - 50 2

51 - 75 4

76 - 100 7

101 - 125 10

126 - 150 15

151 + 20

Yards per Rush

More But not

than more than

4.0 - 4.5 2

4.5 - 5.0 4

5.0 - 5.5 6

5.5 - 6.0 8

6.0 + 10

Minimum of 7 rushes required for above points

Receiving Yardage

11 - 35 1

36 - 50 2

51 - 75 4

76 - 100 7

101 - 125 10

126 - 150 15

151 + 20

Yards per Rec

More But not

than more than

9 - 12 2

12 - 15 4

15 - 20 6

20 - 24 8

24 + 10

Minimum of 3 receptions required for above points

Kicking Yardage (per FG)

26 - 30 2

31 - 35 4

36 - 40 6

41 - 45 8

46 - 50 10

51 - 55 15

56 + 20

% of FG Att

More But not

than more than

60 - 65 1

65 - 70 2

70 - 75 3

75 - 85 4

85 - 100 5

Minimum of 2 FG attempts required for above points

Defense

TD 6

Safety 2

Int 2

Fumble Rec 2

Sack 1

Win/Loss 1/-1

Total Points Allowed

22 - 28 1

15 - 21 3

8 - 14 5

2 - 7 7

Shutout 10

Total Yards Allowed

351 - 400 2

301 - 350 4

251 - 300 6

201 - 250 8

151 - 200 10

101 - 150 15

100 or less 20

agreed...the method that has worked for us is:

passing

1 pt for 25 yards

4 pts for passing TD

-1 pt for INT or fumble

rushing/recieving

1 pt for 10 yards

6 pts for TD

-1 pt for fumble