Sign in to follow this  
Arsenal

Eagles, Dolphins, Chiefs, Patriots, Broncos, Saints

Holy crap.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Eagles | Talking trade with Green Bay

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:58:32 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are talking with the Green Bay Packers about a trade for Packers WR Javon Walker, but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.

Dolphins | Talking trade with Green Bay

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:57:56 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Miami Dolphins are talking with the Green Bay Packers about a trade for Packers WR Javon Walker, but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.

Chiefs | Talking trade with Green bay

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:57:22 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are talking with the Green Bay Packers about a trade for Packers WR Javon Walker, but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.

Patriots | Talking trade with Green Bay

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:55:27 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots are talking with the Green Bay Packers about a trade for Packers WR Javon Walker, but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.

Broncos | Team to visit with J. Walker

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:54:35 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos will visit with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker Friday, April 28.

Saints | Team visiting with J. Walker

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:53:38 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints will visit with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker Thursday, April 27.

Packers | Team gives Walker permission to seek trade

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:51:58 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Green Bay Packers have given WR Javon Walker permission to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL Draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Broncos | Team made an offer for J. Walker?

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:16:14 -0700

Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports ESPN reported the Denver Broncos offered the Green Bay Packers WR Ashley Lelie and a sixth-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. According to SportsLine.com, the Packers want a first-round draft pick for Walker.

Eagles | Team making offers for J. Walker?

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:08:25 -0700

Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports sources said the Philadelphia Eagles offered DT Hollis Thomas and a sixth-round draft choice to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for WR Javon Walker, but it appears the offer was not enough to get the job done. ESPN reported the Eagles offered the Packers Thomas and OG Artis Hicks. According to SportsLine.com, the Packers want a first-round pick for Walker.

Dolphins | Team pursuing J. Walker

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:50:40 -0700

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Miami Dolphins, according to a league source, have joined the discussion with the Green Bay Packers about acquiring disgruntled WR Javon Walker. Walker, who publicly has threatened to retire instead of again playing for the Packers, is under contract for the 2006 season. Walker is attending classes at Florida State University. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban was in Tallahassee Wednesday, April 26, talking with Florida State prospects in the draft, but it is not known if he met with Walker.

As with oil and gas prices, the price of a good receiver is a function of supply and demand. At present, it seems to me the WR market has low supply and high demand. That's good for the Packers.

As with oil and gas prices, the price of a good receiver is a function of supply and demand. At present, it seems to me the WR market has low supply and high demand. That's good for the Packers.

and unfortunately, bad for the Eagles.

Damn I wish they would step up and get him. I'd feel good if I at least heard they were bringing him in for a physical.

No one has bigger needs at WR than the Eagles, except maybe the Bears and Chiefs.

They might actually get value outta this guy yet. Tough to do in NFL trades these days. I'll be dammed.

Lets get real about his value.... where does he rank in terms of WRs available in this year's draft? Jackson and Holmes are probably the only ones to go in the first round. Is Walker better than either one of them?

1. Santonio Holmes Ohio St. 5-10 5/8 179 4.34

2. Chad Jackson Florida 6-0 7/8 213 4.32

3. Sinorice Moss Miami (FL) 5-8 185 4.38

4. Derek Hagan Arizona St. 6-1 3/4 208 4.42

5. Demetrius Williams Oregon 6-1 3/4 197 4.46

6. Martin Nance Miami (OH) 6-4 1/4 213 4.55

7. Maurice Stovall Notre Dame 6-4 3/8 217 4.61

8. Jason Avant Michigan 6-0 1/2 209 4.62

9. Greg Jennings Western Michigan 5-11 1/8 197 4.48

10. Greg Lee Pittsburgh 6-1 5/8 201 4.60

Lets get real about his value.... where does he rank in terms of WRs available in this year's draft? Jackson and Holmes are probably the only ones to go in the first round. Is Walker better than either one of them?

I'll get real:

Javon is 6'3 220 pounds and had 4.35 speed coming out of college.

He's been successful at the pro level as well as at the college level.

I'd be more convinced that Walker's ACl injury is not going to hurt him than I would of one of those Rookie WR"s panning out in the next 3 years.

I'll get real:

Javon is 6'3 220 pounds and had 4.35 speed coming out of college.

He's been successful at the pro level as well as at the college level.

I'd be more convinced that Walker's ACl injury is not going to hurt him than I would of one of those Rookie WR"s panning out in the next 3 years.

:unsure:

I agree...if it wasn't for the injury I wouldn't understand why someone who is going to pick up a WR in the first round wouldn't give up a 1st round pick...why getsomeone unproved when you hav a guy who has shown he can do it

i dont get why miami would want walker ??? they have chambers, booker, and boston, and mmichale who is a very good t.e. that can also catch.

Yeah...'cause Booker and Boston are excellent...right, about that? We've seen what Daunte can do with 2 legitimate receiving threats when he had Moss and Burleson. And we've seen what he can do when he just has Burleson...so why not put him in a position with 2 killer threats? You can't double both of them. Right now, in passing situations, the coverage will be rolled to Chambers (unless it's against Buffalo, where nobody may cover him) because Booker and Boston, if he plays, wont scare anyone.

Walker, IMO, will be a Bronco on draft day. I think Denver sends their 1st and 2nd, plus Lelie to GB for Walker and their 1st rounder.

Walker, IMO, will be a Bronco on draft day. I think Denver sends their 1st and 2nd, plus Lelie to GB for Walker and their 1st rounder.

:lol: :doublethumbsup: You're joking right? :huh: :blink:

:lol: :first: You're joking right? :huh: :argue:

Nope. We'll just have to wait and see now, won't we?

The Broncos really want Vernon Davis. In order to do that, they need to move up. GB can use the extra pick (s) Denver has to make the deal. MAybe Denver has to send a 4th rounder too, but they have extra picks to play with in this draft.

The Broncos really want Vernon Davis. In order to do that, they need to move up. GB can use the extra pick (s) Denver has to make the deal. MAybe Denver has to send a 4th rounder too, but they have extra picks to play with in this draft.

What I mean is GB would never take that deal. DEN would need to sweeten the deal a lot more to pull this one off. That's too far to drop in the 1st round.

Doesn't make sense for the Packers. IF they trade down, I don't see them trading past #8. 15 is a huge drop-off in talent. So while the Broncos may want Vernon Davis (and who wouldn't), GB would be sacrificing too much to move down that far.

What I mean is GB would never take that deal. DEN would need to sweeten the deal a lot more to pull this one off. That's too far to drop in the 1st round.

If they can pick up a 2nd and a 4th rounder and move just 10 spots down inthe 1st and trade receivers, I think GB would jump on that. Probably the best offer they'll see.

If they can pick up a 2nd and a 4th rounder and move just 10 spots down inthe 1st and trade receivers, I think GB would jump on that. Probably the best offer they'll see.

1. They are not looking to give away their #5 pick.

2. Walker > Lelie. GB doesn't need another average WR, Lelie may not even be the #2.

I'd rather see them take Lelie + 6th round for Walker than that kind of deal.

so much smoke and mirrors in the days leading up to the draft - who knows what is true and what is rumor?

THURSDAY, April 27, 2006, 4:57 p.m.

By Tom Silverstein

Walker trade? Not likely, Thompson says

Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said an ESPN report that the Green Bay Packers have given wide receiver Javon Walker permission to seek a trade is inaccurate.

The Packers have given teams permission to visit with Walker, who is coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee, but Thompson said it was just a part of the process of fielding offers from other teams. Thompson said that none of the trade talk was initiated by the Packers and that the team is just responding to teams who are interested in acquiring Walker.

Asked if the odds were that Walker would be traded, Thompson said, "No. I would not think the odds are in favor of that happening. We're just following up on things. I don't necessarily feel this will end in anything. We're going through the process."

Walker has demanded a trade or his release from the Packers because he is angry the tean has not renegotiated his contract. He has vowed not to play for the team again. Since making those statements teams have been inquiring about the availability of Walker.

According to ESPN, Walker visited the New Orleans Saints today and will visit the Denver Broncos on Friday. Both teams clearly want to examine his knee and find out what his financial demands would be before considering making a trade with Green Bay.

Indications are that the Packers would want at least a first-round pick or the equivalent in draft picks and players to trade Walker. ESPN said teams that are interested are the Saints, Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles.

Thompson did not say that he wouldn't trade Walker, only that it was unlikely it would happen. The chances of the Packers getting what they want from Walker and another team meeting his financial demands are probably what make a trade unlikely.

"There's very few untouchable players, so there is (a chance)," Thompson said of a trade. But he expressed confidence that Walker would play for the Packers again.

linc

Ten picks in the first is huge. Plus JW >> AL. No way they do this for a 2 & 4 (or anything close to that).

I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots land him. But I doubt they would be willing to give him the big contract he wants and I am willing to bet the Packers want a lot for him.

i dont get why miami would want walker ??? they have chambers, booker, and boston, and mmichale who is a very good t.e. that can also catch.

Boston's been released IIRC (at the end of his contract I suspect, but nevertheless he's gone) and Booker's getting on in years. There's precious little cover beyond that.

imho there are more pressing needs for Miami - particularly at LB and in the secondary - than needing to reach for either of the two rookie WRs projected for the first round. And, with no second rounder, I'd be surprised if they gave up their first for Walker.

A first in next year's draft might be more realistic, of course. But not realistic enough - I simply don't believe that Miami have the cap space.

:doublethumbsup:

As I stated before.....I would love a bidding war.

Doesn't always work out that way - player power is too strong. Look at Joey Harrington - a number of teams were in for him, and he's effectively chosen Miami and said he won't countenance a deal anywhere else.

I suspect the same for Walker. He won't want to bump up the price as far as GB are concerned; he'll use the demand to cherrypick his own deal, and then he'll blackmail GB into trading him to his selected team.

It is a tip that GB is not getting a #1 for Walker. There may be a bidding war, but it won't go that high.

The Pack may have hand now, but in reality it looks more and more like they're going to have to dump Walker for the best deal they can get.

It is a tip that GB is not getting a #1 for Walker. There may be a bidding war, but it won't go that high.

The Pack may have hand now, but in reality it looks more and more like they're going to have to dump Walker for the best deal they can get.

Yup. Green Bay, at best, will receive a third round and a couple of 4th round picks (and maybe a player) for Walker.

Green Bay's asking price may eventually do them in, and if it does, they get stuck with a disgruntled player who's vowed never to play for the team again.

I believe the Packers will eventually deal him AFTER the draft.

Yup. Green Bay, at best, will receive a third round and a couple of 4th round picks (and maybe a player) for Walker.

Green Bay's asking price may eventually do them in, and if it does, they get stuck with a disgruntled player who's vowed never to play for the team again.

I believe the Packers will eventually deal him AFTER the draft.

I would think they would want to deal him before/during the draft, so they can get picks this year, no?

If they do a deal after the draft, I don't think it will be to Denver...if they don't get walker, they'll draft Holmes or Jackson (which is a huge downgrade, but they can't pay for both).

If GB can't get what they believe is "fair value," they'll just keep Walker. His contract is certainly easy to swallow. Then he'll have to come in and play by Week 6, if he ever wants to be a free agent.

There's absolutely no WRs in this draft who will outperform Walker this year. GB knows it and so do Denver, Philly, and other teams.

The Packers still hold all the cards and don't Need to do anything.

If GB can't get what they believe is "fair value," they'll just keep Walker. His contract is certainly easy to swallow. Then he'll have to come in and play by Week 6, if he ever wants to be a free agent.

There's absolutely no WRs in this draft who will outperform Walker this year. GB knows it and so do Denver, Philly, and other teams.

The Packers still hold all the cards and don't Need to do anything.

I still agree they don't need to do anything...but why not get something for him if you can? Even if he does play by week 6, then you'll have locker room issues.

I don't think Lelie and a 6th is anywhere close though...if GB does want lelie, it will have to be at the very least, a 4th, and that's pushing it. More likely #68 or #61

I would think they would want to deal him before/during the draft, so they can get picks this year, no?

If they do a deal after the draft, I don't think it will be to Denver...if they don't get walker, they'll draft Holmes or Jackson (which is a huge downgrade, but they can't pay for both).

If their asking price is a 2nd round pick in this year's draft, and no one gives it to them, and they sit on it, perhaps a team vying for a Super Bowl this year gives up a 2nd round pick in next year's draft.

The Eagles are not gonna give up a first nor high second round pick. Denver may be willing to part with a higher pick, but they still have cap issues. How can they afford to give Walker the big payday he seeks?

New Orleans needs players. Giving up draft picks for Walker is just plain stupid.

Besides, the rebuilding in Green Bay is gonna take a few years. Getting a pick this year (as opposed to next year) isn't gonna throw off the time continuum.

If Green Bay thinks Walker is worth a first round pick in a trade, why did they refuse to pay the guy fair market value in the first place? Contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL, so why is Green Bay so insistent on holding players to their end of the bargain?

Walker has some good talent, could do well in the right system/scenerio. I think he is done with Green Bay, and they have no interest in messing with him much either. They would rather keep everything copacetic, try to get some decent value from him rather than pay him to be pissed off and play half-hearted.

Who ever lands this cat will be supremely please IHMO :( I would love to see him in a Ravens uni :angry:

Walker has some good talent, could do well in the right system/scenerio. I think he is done with Green Bay, and they have no interest in messing with him much either. They would rather keep everything copacetic, try to get some decent value from him rather than pay him to be pissed off and play half-hearted.

Who ever lands this cat will be supremely please IHMO :( I would love to see him in a Ravens uni :angry:

Why, can he play QB, too? B) :D

Who ever lands this cat will be supremely please IHMO :thumbsup: I would love to see him in a Ravens uni :wub:

I agree. He'll do well wherever he goes.

Denver may have the pics to land him, but I have to agree that a trade involving Stallworth is much more tempting than one involving Lelie. Stallworth has shown flashes but has been injury prone...Lelie just has the dreaded "Potential" label for now.

Why, can he play QB, too? :thumbsup: :wub:

Y'know, if I had any feelings you might have hurt them....big meanie... :P

Holy Sh!t. The Packers would be an instant playoff team if that happened.

Y'know, if I had any feelings you might have hurt them....big meanie... :P

After all the Chunky Soup and TO ridicule us Birdbrains went thru last season, I now feel like Paulie after he found out his mom was a hoo-waa. No mercy. :thumbsup:

After all the Chunky Soup and TO ridicule us Birdbrains went thru last season, I now feel like Paulie after he found out his mom was a hoo-waa. No mercy. :P

Well, I guess that makes it all good.

keep in mind all of us that tried to warn you guys about TO. ;)

We kept trying to tell you guys it wasnt what you might expect, but all we got was stop hatin and Rybo's :thumbsup: -laced responses.

The chunky soup thing, well, as funny as it was I guess it prolly got pretty old.. :P