Sign in to follow this  
bigmarc27

Dom Davis Dynasty Owners rejoice!

Over/under on his first injury?

Say, I should start a Vernand Morency Owners rejoice! thread. :hyperr:

You all may be prematurely celebrating...

Link

Looks like Kub might want to get HIS guy. Sorry to rain on the parade.

Link

I'm not worried about either of those guys taking the job from DD. The number 1 pick would have been another story...

I'm not worried about either of those guys taking the job from DD. The number 1 pick would have been another story...

You are right, you should be worried about an injury taking the starting job away from DD... <_<

You are right, you should be worried about an injury taking the starting job away from DD... <_<

I can't argue that, but he's managed to keep the nagging injuries to a minimum. A drafting of a late 1st-early 2bd RB would worry me about as much as the addition of Hollings a couple years back.

It's gotta be in the back of your mind though. Crennell went out and got Droughns when he had Suggs and Green. Granted Suggs and Green aren't DD, but the point is the same. Kub may want his guy.

It's gotta be in the back of your mind though. Crennell went out and got Droughns when he had Suggs and Green. Granted Suggs and Green aren't DD, but the point is the same. Kub may want his guy.

Umm... You said it yourself. Suggs, and Green are not Davis. Dom is a very good NFL RB.

Umm... You said it yourself. Suggs, and Green are not Davis. Dom is a very good NFL RB.

But the point still remains, that Kub may not be convinced. If he trades back into the 1st round, it's because he wants someone else to carry the rock.

Holmes was a great RB not a very good RB, yet LJ was taken in the 1st round and became the man a short time later.

I'm playing devils advocate here. I think DD is good, but new coaches want their guys. And all I am saying is that DD may not be his guy.

Link

Well, maybe Laurence Maroney and LenDale White aren't scary, but what if he lands DeAngelo Williams? <_<

Well, maybe Laurence Maroney and LenDale White aren't scary, but what if he lands DeAngelo Williams? <_<

A little off topic here, but if the Texans land Mario Williams and DeAngelo Williams, they will have had 1 heckuva 1st day!

A little off topic here, but if the Texans land Mario Williams and DeAngelo Williams, they will have had 1 heckuva 1st day!

I could live with that if I were a fan. But I'm not so I can't really relate. Or care n stuff.

I could live with that if I were a fan. But I'm not so I can't really relate. Or care n stuff.

:lol: Pure comedy.

Houston is not going to trade back into the first for an RB. If they wanted one, they could have had the best prospect there is at RB in the last decade. I do not think they trade back to the first, and in the second round they will almost surely select an O tackle, as McNeil and Winston will likely be there for the taking, and are solid values at that point.

just heard on Sirius striaght from the owner that the texans WILL take a RB today.

Houston is not going to trade back into the first for an RB. If they wanted one, they could have had the best prospect there is at RB in the last decade. I do not think they trade back to the first, and in the second round they will almost surely select an O tackle, as McNeil and Winston will likely be there for the taking, and are solid values at that point.

Curious to know. What cologne did Casserly wear today? OH wait, you aren't sitting next to him? Then how do you know they aren't going to go RB in the 1st day?

They didn't sign Bush cause he wanted 35 Mil and Williams took 26.5.

Curious to know. What cologne did Casserly wear today? OH wait, you aren't sitting next to him? Then how do you know they aren't going to go RB in the 1st day?

They didn't sign Bush cause he wanted 35 Mil and Williams took 26.5.

First off, I didn't say they wouldn't take an RB day one, I said they wouldnt trade back to round one to grab one. Their priority has to be D-line, O-line, then maybe RB if they are focused on overall team improvement - which they clearly are with the sigining of Williams over Bush. Second, that is not the reasons the Texans drafted Mario, if you listened to anything Casserly said on NFL network or any other interview, you would know that his decision was based on long-term productivity, as well as their dire need of a pass-rush. Did Casserly tell you that Bush wanted 35 million and they got Williams for less...if so, you can tell me what kind of cologne he was wearing.