Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Attending first Stanley Cup playoff game

Getting into my first playoff game. My job came through with the tickets, pretty cool.

The Preds have their backs against the wall and are facing elimination. I'm hoping for a good game.

Dunno- rat's rear? :mad:

I think we're up in the skybox. Hopefully no stuffed shirts up there tonight.

Sharks!?!? :mad:

Not really familiar with skybox but am guessing it's kind a room at the top, sounds nice. Have to go for Sharks as they're local.

Enjoy :mad:

Local? South Bay, or Bay Area in general?

Born in Oakland, raised in San Leandro. High School in Monterey County.

All that was long before the Sharks arrived, but I did see hockey in the Oakland arena, Wat was it, the Golden State Seals? That was a long, long time ago.

All that was long before the Sharks arrived, but I did see hockey in the Oakland arena, Wat was it, the Golden State Seals? That was a long, long time ago.

Sadly San Jose is the closest NHL city, I actually live in the Sac valley. My mom was half raised in San Leandro and is pretty familiar with that part of the bay area.

That's the first I've heard of the "Oakland Seals" but they did come up on google.

Getting into my first playoff game. My job came through with the tickets, pretty cool.

The Preds have their backs against the wall and are facing elimination. I'm hoping for a good game.

Dunno- rat's rear? :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear there hockey tickets!

Guest tiki_gods
I think we're up in the skybox. Hopefully no stuffed shirts up there tonight.

Sharks!?!? :blink:

Awesome brah! Have a beer for me. :thumbsup:

Oakland Seals

or California Golden Seals

California Golden Seals

Uniforms as ugly as the PReds mustard yellow

excellent :doh:

i'm looking for a new team to root for the rest of the way after the wings get eliminated tomorrow night.

any suggestions? i was going to go leafs for walter's sake...then i realized those bastards didn't even make the playoffs to begin with.

maybe ottawa?

Oakland Seals

or California Golden Seals

California Golden Seals

Uniforms as ugly as the PReds mustard yellow

Cool- now there's some history on a sucky team. I was just a kid attending the pre 1970 games in Oakland. The sports complex there was a pretty huge deal for Oakland. The A's & Raiders in the Coliseum, and the Seals and Oakland Oaks in the Arena that shared the parking lot with the Coliseum.

Anyone remember the Oakland Oaks basketball team from the ABA? Doug Moe was a star there- he later became a NBA head coach. And Rick Barry made a big stink when he went to the Oaks. I seem to remember Barry had to sit out for a while when he jumped leagues? The memory gets a little fuzzy going back that far.

Awesome brah! Have a beer for me. :huh:

Well the Preds season is over. Hard to win playoff games when you can only score one goal.

We were in the box. It was directly behind the goal, so good view of the game- and I had a cold one for you! :doublethumbsup: