Sign in to follow this  
crooklyn

After Reggie, then who? (part deux)

After Bush, who's next?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which rookie RB will be picked after Reggie Bush in dynasty leagues?

• Laurence Maroney
    • DeAngelo Williams
    • Joseph Addai
    • Lendale White
    • Vernon Davis

Before the draft I was leaning towards DeAngelo Williams, but that situation looks messy (Foster/Shelton). Maroney lands in a nice spot (Dillon is 32 yrs old), but Addai wins the starting Colts RB lottery. Plus you've got what has to be a very motivated Lendale White and x-factor Vernon Davis. Who's next?

i'd go with tomlinson or lay-ree johnson personally if bush was the 1st pick :thumbsup:

i'd go with tomlinson or lay-ree johnson personally if bush was the 1st pick

It's a dynasty draft (i.e. rookie draft -- LJ and LT drafted years ago). Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

It's a dynasty draft (i.e. rookie draft -- LJ and LT drafted years ago). Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

honest quick assessment

talentwise- go with deangelo

best situation- addai

2nd best situation- maroney

wildcard of the backs in this draft- my boy lendale " barry " white...ohh baby :o

best of luck

I might take Maroney and Addai before Bush. Duece will be there for another 2-3 years. Maroney is probably the starter after this year, and Addai will probably start this year if he can pick up the blocking schemes.

I think I would go with maroney #1. :shocking:

i was kind of thinking that way to but i go bush cause he is bush and pray they trade mcallister. i liked maroney from the begining and love him in NE

i was kind of thinking that way to but i go bush cause he is bush and pray they trade mcallister. i liked maroney from the begining and love him in NE

My concern is that they just signed Duece to a huge deal. It would be a tough cap hit to deal him and he's too good to release. Not sure of the details of his deal however.

Bush could end up being an all purpose guy that isnt quite as productive as Westbrook.

600 rushing, 500 receiving, kick returns, 7 TDs overall?

My concern is that they just signed Duece to a huge deal. It would be a tough cap hit to deal him and he's too good to release. Not sure of the details of his deal however.

Bush could end up being an all purpose guy that isnt quite as productive as Westbrook.

600 rushing, 500 receiving, kick returns, 7 TDs overall?

Interesting, I think that the members of my dynasty leagues would gasp if the first pick of the rookie draft was anyone but Bush, but Maroney is in a good situation, and I read in Peter King's article today that Mike Shanahan thought the Patriots got a "steal" and that Maroney would be the best back in the league. High praise (although I seem to receall him saying the exact same thing about Kevan Barlow).

I think I go:

Bush

Maroney

Williams

Addai

Davis

White

Unlike last year, none of these guys will be immediate impact or true FF starter value, including Bush.... yeah I said it!

Bush of course is the first pick though first.

Maroney is in the best situation for the next season or two. Dillon is on his last legs but still should be the starter this year until he gets banged up again. Maroney will have some starts and some fill in duty to get warmed up for next year.

Williams is the best pure runner, but his situation behind Foster makes it tough to gauge when he will start to have value. Probably some spot starts due to injury and possibly taking the job next year.

White has probably the easiest competition with Brown in there. They do like Brown though and if he is healthy, big IF, he will still get the majority of carries this year. Next year could be totally different though, especially if Brown gets hurt again. Unless they totally change their offensive scheme, its still a power running team like CAR and NE. Assuming his critics are wrong about conditioning and drive, he could end up being a top 5-8 back with his TD production.

Cutler will sit for this year and maybe next unless Plummer learns to win in critical games. He is on a very short leesh I think. Given the team, the addition of Walker and the consistantly good RB production from Denver, his FF value is pretty high right now.

Leinart will have no value this year, but with that supporting staff and a year or two of seasoning, could be a big time FF factor. Based on that I would rank him above Addai at this point.

Addai is in a pretty good situation, but even with a true stud RB like Edge there, that RB spot didn't produce a top 5 back the last couple of years. If Addai turns out to be as good as Edge, figure his best spot will be between 7-10 in leagues. A great spot, but with running teams like NE, TEN and CAR with new guys, his value isn't as high.

Vernon Davis could be in a very good position for a TE. He could very well turn in production that would put him in the top 3 or 4 TE's in the league. This makes him very attractive in FF but his overall value, unless he turns out to be another Gates or Gonzalez will be less than the others above him.

Chad Jackson and Holmes are destined to 2nd WR status for the coming years, with Jackson getting the nod because of the way the ball gets spread around, his TD's may be the stat that pushes him ahead of Holmes. Holmes could very well end up right there though, but with Ward getting the TD looks.

Vince Young due to the situation in TEN and his need to learn to read Ds and adapting to the NFL drops unless he proves he can make the transition quickly. He has no one in front of him to act as a buffer while he learns so could end up in the mix quicker than he is ready for. This COULD hurt his value long-term as it has others who were rushed. If the stars a align and he is truly adaptable, his value will go up to just behind Bush when its all said and done.

I voted Williams, but you couldn't go wrong with Maroney either. I do believe it's a two-horse race with the #2 pick.

I've got Addai as number simply because he can catch and block....meaning there is no downside to playing him regularly from the get go. I think he will have a bigger impact this year than either WIlliams or Maroney.

Long term, I think Williams has the most potential but that in the end, because of his speed, Maroney is the more productive Fantasy Back.

That said, Williams and Maroney are an injury away from being fantasy sensations. I have 1.02 and 1.03 in my auction pool. Bush is going #1 for sure....

I'm leaning towards taking Addai and Maroney but will probably waffle between all combinations of Addai, Maroney and Williams. As for Lendale White, I think he's a great 'sleeper' in that he might have a chip on his shoulder as well as the support of his OC.

It's a very tough call.

For those in my pool reading this post: I WILL TRADE THE PICKS!!! ha ha.

Unlike last year, none of these guys will be immediate impact or true FF starter value, including Bush.... yeah I said it!

Addai is going to be the first starter out of all the guys you mentioned, and he probably will be the starter Week 1.

Addai is going to be the first starter out of all the guys you mentioned, and he probably will be the starter Week 1.

Not so sure, thinking it will be RBBC for awhile but Addai will most likely end up starting at some point this season as he gets familiar with the system, so I DO agree he will likely be the first starter. Depends on when he signs and how fast he comes along etc.

That said.. I think his total value in the long-term is limited by his team and their offensive scheme. My premise is that Edge, as good a RB as he is, was limited in his production by the scheme. Addai, in my opinion, isn't nearly as good so his long-term value is much lower than the others.

Addai has the best chance for huge success now. But I really like Deangello Williams as well and he could have some big games when Foster inevitably misses time.