Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Martin Nance

Link

I think this is a VERY GOOD pickup IMO

surprised he was not drafted, his injury (knee) was probably the main reason.

I agree. Good size. Apparently his "slow" 4.58 40 time was another reason. Just remember Anquan Boldin ran a 4.75. How does he look now?

I was hoping the Bears would bring him in.

6'4" - should be an effective receiver around the goal line

Wow - 90 catches for 1,498 yards and 11 td in his sophmore year. Of course that was with Roethlisberger.

81 receptions for 1107 yards and 14 tds as a senior.

From what I am reading, he wasn't drafted because he struggled during the drills at the combine.

Greg Jennings is the class of the MAC this year. Glad to see him rewarded. Looking for big things from Tony Scheffler as well.

Wow, nice pick up. Looks like the WR depth chart is getting pretty muddled in Buffalo:

Lee Evans

Josh Reed

Roscoe Parrish

Peerless Price

Andre Davis

Sam Aiken

Martin Nance

and more...

Evans is probably the only sure bet to make the team. Josh Reed has been a disappointment, but the Bills surprisingly re-signed him. Parrish is probably at best a slot guy, although he has value as a punt returner. Who knows what Peerless can bring to the table at this point in his career. Davis seems kind of one-dimensional, with speed his major asset. Aiken is a special teams ace - actually a captain of that unit. And now Nance highlights the rest of the squad. Looks like Marv and company really are committed to maximizing the competition in camp.

Buffalo's actions from now on can only be better... :pointstosky:

Either Marv Levy is a complete and utter football genius or he has gone senile! I think he has done enough in the past to have earned the benefit of the doubt but if these draft picks turn out to be bust, he will have set an already struggling franchise back two to three more years. 2006 is a HUGE year for the Bills. They either begin the climb back to respectability or become the new Bungles!