Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

Joseph Addai highlights

Ronnie Brown had 928 yards...Addai had 941.

fock off :wacko:

he had 1000+ in '02

the pros

1. Power 2.a short burst :pointstosky:

3.stiff arm :pointstosky:

4. receiving :wub:

cons

1.injury :pointstosky:

2.lack of home run hitting speed, it seemed like he alwayz got caught from behind. :doh:

thats wat i saw

i agree....no breakaway speed...hummm

I still Addai is a bad bad bad pick.

Injured all the time and when healthy he is a very average RB , i really dont understand why the Colts took him.

They would have been better trading for a guy like Suggs ( same injury concerns as Addai but he proved he can play in the NFL ) and would not be a waste of a first rounder.

Well, I'll say this - I am no NFL scout. But it doesn't take long for me to look at that reel and tell you he's going to translate to the NFL just fine. In the first minute alone, look at what he does at the following intervals and tell me that won't translate to the NFL:

00:12 (nimble in traffic; good feet)

00:17 (picks a hole decisively; uses block well)

00:23 (nice balance; nice spin move; follows up by getting low between defenders for an extra couple yards)

00:37 (keeps legs under him even in lunge, pushes into end zone)

00:47 (keeps legs moving; nice footwork; nice balance)

01:00 (good in traffic; nice stiff arm)

Granted, this is a highlight reel with limited footage, but if this is a fair representation of his skill set, I can definitely see him succeeding. People tend to fall in love with blazing speed, but it's often vision, balance, center of gravity, determination, and opportunity that decides how successful a back will be.

PS - injuries not accounted for in previous analysis, of course.

Come close to winning the division and then you can start talking Jags..........

I think he ran like a 4.35 4.4 at the combine. I dont think C Brown is fast than that. In fact, I dont know of many current backs who play faster than that.

By the way, you know who else ran straight up???? Eric Dickerson. He wasn't bad.

:( :) :pointstosky:

Well, I was commenting on how he looked on the tape. To me, it wasn't very impressive. Not every RB who runs straight up is Eric Dickerson. Look at Brown, he can't stay healthy for 1 season. But you never know...maybe he will be great. B)

Well, I'll say this - I am no NFL scout. But it doesn't take long for me to look at that reel and tell you he's going to translate to the NFL just fine. In the first minute alone, look at what he does at the following intervals and tell me that won't translate to the NFL:

00:12 (nimble in traffic; good feet)

00:17 (picks a hole decisively; uses block well)

00:23 (nice balance; nice spin move; follows up by getting low between defenders for an extra couple yards)

00:37 (keeps legs under him even in lunge, pushes into end zone)

00:47 (keeps legs moving; nice footwork; nice balance)

01:00 (good in traffic; nice stiff arm)

Granted, this is a highlight reel with limited footage, but if this is a fair representation of his skill set, I can definitely see him succeeding. People tend to fall in love with blazing speed, but it's often vision, balance, center of gravity, determination, and opportunity that decides how successful a back will be.

PS - injuries not accounted for in previous analysis, of course.

Exactamundo. :o

I still do not understand the upright running argument. He does run upright, but does a good job of lowering his shoulder prior to contact. Many of the times he is upright when he gets hit it is because he was bouncing off another would-be tackler. Most people run upright in the open field.

One concern I do have is the way he sometimes carries the ball, in what appears to be a careless fashion. He does a good job of covering up before contact, but in the pros you see a lot of guys grabbing at the ball from behind (insert joke here). Apparently he never fumbled in his 4 years at LSU though. We will see how that turns out at the next level.

I just got finished watching highlights from Laurence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams, and I am much more impressed with Addai than those other two. Some of the things I like about Addai:

1. Vision - There were lots of runs on his video where he had to see a hole open up and then burst through it. In the other players' videos, they either have monstrous holes to begin with or cut it outside instead of waiting for a hole to develop

2. Receiving ability - This is going to be extremely valuable in the Colts offense. He is a good receiver and is great after the catch.

3. Breaks Tackles - He breaks a lot of tackles and gets extra yardage after first contact. It may not be great for the highlight reel, but those extra one or two yards at the end of the play are good for getting first downs and keeping drive alive. He also does a good job of either delivering the blow to the defender, or not taking a shot. It appears to me that if he plays like that, he will be able to avoid injury.

IMHO Addai is the number two back from this years draft class, from a talent perspective.

I just got finished watching highlights from Laurence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams, and I am much more impressed with Addai than those other two. Some of the things I like about Addai:

1. Vision - There were lots of runs on his video where he had to see a hole open up and then burst through it. In the other players' videos, they either have monstrous holes to begin with or cut it outside instead of waiting for a hole to develop

2. Receiving ability - This is going to be extremely valuable in the Colts offense. He is a good receiver and is great after the catch.

3. Breaks Tackles - He breaks a lot of tackles and gets extra yardage after first contact. It may not be great for the highlight reel, but those extra one or two yards at the end of the play are good for getting first downs and keeping drive alive. He also does a good job of either delivering the blow to the defender, or not taking a shot. It appears to me that if he plays like that, he will be able to avoid injury.

IMHO Addai is the number two back from this years draft class, from a talent perspective.

I just finished watching the other "highlight" reels and wasn't all that impressed. I don't know that I would say that Addai is the #2, but I would definitely say that Williams, Maroney, and Addai are all very close talent-wise. Addai seemed to have more receptions in his highlights which is good in my league (ppr). If he can win the starting role outright I think he will put up the best fantasy number of this years rookies.

I agree with your evaluation of the tape.

at least they both rushed for 1000 yds...

he was never a do it all back...every carry I saw him get was some bullsh!t draw...I don't think he'll make it as an NFL back....only time will tell, you're right, NFL scouts obviously know more than me...but I think the guy is a terd.

Addai = Kevin Faulk

except Faulk was better in college...

HTH@#!

I agree he is Kevin Faulk.

Faulk stays lower to the ground.

I like his lateral juke and jive moves,

but he lacks te power to make it on the next level.

He'll make a nice 3rd down back in the NFL, ala Ryan Moats.

:highfive:

I'd rate 'em this way...

Faulk > L5Utiger > Addai

Lacks power? You must of been watching the Moroney film not Addai's film. Go back and watch.

The catch and burst into the end zone against FLA?!? Knocking over the Miami saftey, stiff arming another and then dragging three before going down?!? Busting through three FLA defensive players, then in the open field running over another and needing again 3 guys to tackle him?!?

Maybe if you try watching without a blind fold you can see his power. Tell that to the guys he laid out on the film.

Maybe if you try watching without a blind fold you can see his power.

Mexico...were you watching with a blindfold. You should take it off and watch again.

because evidently if you're watching with a blindfold you can't see how uber good Addai is.

:thumbsdown:

He seems to have a better skill set than Dom Davis. It all depends how fast he can pick up the protections, that will determine if he sees the field.

Lacks power? You must of been watching the Moroney film not Addai's film. Go back and watch.

The catch and burst into the end zone against FLA?!? Knocking over the Miami saftey, stiff arming another and then dragging three before going down?!? Busting through three FLA defensive players, then in the open field running over another and needing again 3 guys to tackle him?!?

Maybe if you try watching without a blind fold you can see his power. Tell that to the guys he laid out on the film.

Sigh, thank you. :ninja:

Vols Fan :huh:

I was just never that impressed with Addai....He may have value simply because of the team he went to, but I think the order goes Bush, Maroney, Williams, White, Addai...

He just isn't that good....his best year he rushed for 900 yds and some change and he's never carried a full load. What makes anyone think he can be a productive back in the NFL when he never carried a full load in college?

I think you just have some blind homerism....

:banana: :banana:

I still Addai is a bad bad bad pick.

Injured all the time and when healthy he is a very average RB , i really dont understand why the Colts took him.

They would have been better trading for a guy like Suggs ( same injury concerns as Addai but he proved he can play in the NFL ) and would not be a waste of a first rounder.

:dunno: