Sign in to follow this  
ellisonb11

Ellisonb11's 2006 Mock Draft

well i get anxious this time of year, and i cant wait to get in the draft room... so heres my mock, and let me know of your thoughts, enjoy.

1.01- Ladanian Tomlinson- LT loses his QB, so the offense will center around the running game more than ever to help Rivers develop as a starting QB in the NFL. LT will still find plenty of holes next year even without brees opening the defense up.

1.02- Shaun Alexander- the guy could go number one, but i dont have the guts to after hearing about him being on the cover of madden...although he lost a crucial part of his offensive line, he will continue to produce consistent numbers.

1.03- Larry Johnson- u could have predicted these top 3 in whatever order, but i think larry johnson will have more trouble after losing a part of his O-line. but of course he is THE offense so he will be getting plenty of touches and TDs.

1.04- Clinton Portis- the new WR weapons to the offense will open up the holes in the line for him to run. I expect a big year for Portis.

1.05- Tiki Barber- i think portis has the edge over tiki this year because the schedule for the Giants this year seems to be very tough. but, tiki always seems to quietly put up great fantasy numbers.

1.06-Rudi Johnson- tough pick here. it was either stephen jackson or rudi here, but i give the edge to rudi because he seems to get a good amount of touches each game, and gets the goaline TD's..chris perry's presence doesnt scare me for now.

1.07- Stephen Jackson- FINALLY, martz is gone so he can get the ball. the guy gets the TD's and can clearly do things with the ball if he can get ahold of it. now with a coach that knows the offense must run the ball to be successful, i believe he will have a great season here.

1.08- Edgerrin James- the cards offense will open up the run with the presence of boldin and fitzy. we know edge is a great back, but the question is, can the offensive line get it done?

1.09- Lamont Jordan- Art shell will run run run and give this man the rock, and he will definately get the job done.

1-10- Jamal Lewis- this may surprise people here, but i believe he will rebound and have a decent season if he can stay healthy.

1.11- Dominic Davis- we are saved from Reggie Bush! Davis is a versatile back and is highly involved in the passing game. hopefully this guy can stay healthy, and have a season weve been waiting for.

1.12- Ronnie Brown- now that ricky is gone for a season, ronnie is the man for the dolphins. he should be getting plenty of touches and should be very productive this year.

2.01- Caddy Williams- this guy can play and we saw it at the beginning of last year. hopefully he doesnt run out of gas and can stay healthy.

2.02- Willis Mcgahee- he isnt the best back in the league like he thinks he is, but i think he can rebound from a disappointing season and produce good numbers.

2.03- Brian Westbrook- had a good start last season, but seemed to go downhill after a while. we know he can catch and run, but can he handle a full bulk on his shoulders?

2.04- Peyton Manning- not much to say, hes still a fantasy beast.

2.05- Chad Johnson- Carson should be back and ready to go for chad and the bengals to get their dynamic offense together again.

2.06-Steve Smith- Keyshawn takes some of the heat off of steve, and he continues his great run.

2.07- Torry Holt- Bulger and holt will continue to connect..

2.08- Marv Harrison- M-A-N-N-I-N-G

2.09- Randy Moss- can brooks get him the ball?

2.10- Terrell Owens- too much controversy to go high..hes got talent, but will bledsoe get it to him, and can TO go a season without being a egocentric player?

2.11- Warrick Dunn- Pro Bowler last year, and he gets the yards, but will duckett take the goaline carries?

2.12- Larry Fitz- Great, young player that will continue to do well.

3.01- Anquan Boldin- the guy is so talented, him and fitz are a dynamic duo.

3.02- Chris Chambers- hes got great hands and culpepper should be able to air it out to him.

3.03-Reggie wayne- once again, its manning.

3.04- Darrell Jackson- hasselbeck will be consistent in getting him the ball.

3.05- Santana Moss- had a great season last year, but he cant reproduce his last year's numbers. but the new wr will take pressure off his shoulders.

3.06- Hines Ward- quietly produces good numbers

3.07- Rueben Droughns- he had a decent year last year, and he will produce another decent 1,000+ yard season.

3.08- Julius Jones- who knows what will happen with MBIII so be careful with julius.

3.09- Plax- the main target for eli, but will he produce against the tough teams?

3.10- Matt Hasselbeck- had a great offensive season last year, he should continue with a new wr in burleson added.

3.11- Tom Brady- consistent, consistent, consistent.

3.12- Andre Johnson- he will rebound from a very bad last season.

Do you really think the guy with picks 2.12 and 3.1 would pick both of the AZ receivers? I'm not saying they aren't deserving of the spots. But I don't see any owners taking both with those two picks. JMO

I really like the first two rounds here.

Can someone explain to me why it's so faux pas to own two receivers on the same team? I mean, you would be happy to have Fitzgerald on your team, and you'd be happy to have Boldin on your team. You would start them every week without hesitation. But it's bad to have both? Projected where they are, they're going to put up those stats either way.

Is it because of the bye week? That can't be enough of a reason. If they're the best available players at that spot, that just isn't enough of a reason to avoid one of them.

I really like the first two rounds here.

Can someone explain to me why it's so faux pas to own two receivers on the same team? I mean, you would be happy to have Fitzgerald on your team, and you'd be happy to have Boldin on your team. You would start them every week without hesitation. But it's bad to have both? Projected where they are, they're going to put up those stats either way.

Is it because of the bye week? That can't be enough of a reason. If they're the best available players at that spot, that just isn't enough of a reason to avoid one of them.

It's a high risk, high reward thing. Not only over the course of the year (if Warner gets hurt/craps out, and Lineart isn't ready, Fitz and Boldin's value goes way down), but also week to week. If Warner has a bad week, your two starting WRs also probably have a bad week.

I love the mock-*-, the thought put into it, and agree with most contained in the three rounds present, with just some slight personal preference shifting. No way, in the real world will the first 15 picks be RB's. I don't disagree with the premise, but someone will grab Peyton and at least one wr will fall by the end of the first corner. (pick 13) This is how the draft would go if I picked all the teams though.

-*- was this really a mock? or your draft board? In a mock, the players selected and their order would be based on the teams formed from the selections, and I haven't had time to list these and view by the teams formed through 3 rounds.

I tend to agree with your draft board, if this is it, with the normal personal adjustments when this many players are listed.

Again, nice job!

Gotta love the Stud RB approach here!!!! :thumbsup:

Gates?

yea i thought about adding him in there, but Rivers is definately going to struggle so i dont think hes in the 3rd...def in the 4th though

Always interesting to see how people see the first three rounds of a draft playing out.......so, thanks for that.

One thing of interest is that after Brian Westbrook at 2.03, you only have 3 RBs going in the next 21 picks. I think that's a little unrealistic and it means that some teams are going to still have good backs to choose from in Round 4.....guys like Chester Taylor, Reggie Bush, Curtis Martin, and Tatum Bell to name a few. Also, I agree with the poster who said Gates was worthy of an early pick...assuming this is for a TE mandatory league.

Again, nice job giving us something to critique.... :lol:

yes some may be unrealisitc with all of the rbs taken in a row and wrs in a row, but its an early mock so im not going to take Bush and Martin without knowing the RB situation.