Sign in to follow this  
George Carlin

barry bonds is going to play next year!?!?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2438887

Agent: Expect Bonds to return for 2007ESPN.com news services

While Barry Bonds is poised to move past Babe Ruth on the home run list this year, Bonds might need another season to surpass Hank Aaron's all-time record of 755. And Bonds' agent Jeff Borris thinks the slugger will be in uniform for 2007.

"I have every reason to believe Barry Bonds will be a professional baseball player in 2007," Borris told Newsday.

Bonds told USA Today in spring training that 2006 would be his last season, but has since sent mixed signals on his future depending on how his balky knee felt.

"I have reason to believe he will," Borris told the paper. "Barry told me the other day his knee and elbow are feeling a little bit better every day ... He still loves playing baseball. As long as there isn't a decline in his health, he'll be in a big-league uniform."

So the next question in front of Bonds is which team would he play for. While the Giants would be the favorites, a move to the American League is an option.

"I wouldn't rule out DH as a possibility," Borris told Newsday. "In fact, if he were a DH, I think 1,000 home runs would be within his grasp. Barry approaches rehab as diligently as anybody. If his knee holds up, I wouldn't put 1,000 home runs past him."

:thumbsup: :( :clap: :clap:

Did anyone happen to see him trying to avoid the batted ball the other night when he was on first base?

Priceless! :thumbsup:

"I wouldn't rule out DH as a possibility," Borris told Newsday. "In fact, if he were a DH, I think 1,000 home runs would be within his grasp. Barry approaches rehab as diligently as anybody. As long as the HGH keeps flowing like fine aged wine, I wouldn't put 1,000 home runs past him."

fixored

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2438887

"I wouldn't rule out DH as a possibility," Borris told Newsday. "In fact, if he were a DH, I think 1,000 home runs would be within his grasp. Barry approaches rehab as diligently as anybody. If his knee holds up, I wouldn't put 1,000 home runs past him."

That statement should help relieve some of the hate baseball purists have for him.

That statement should help relieve some of the hate baseball purists have for him.

I've been saying this for 2 years...

He's going to be the DH for the Yankees next year.. you'll see.

This assumes he's not in jail. What's the penalty for purjury? :banana:

Yeah, I know. It's hard to prove. :lol:

I've been saying this for 2 years...

He's going to be the DH for the Yankees next year.. you'll see.

He would be in tears during the first Sox-Yanks series. If he thinks the Philly fans are nuts imagine what would happen in Boston :lol:

I heard part of a Giant's game the other night on the radio...

Apparently I tuned in just as a couple of hitters knocked some balls out towards Bonds and announcers were saying something like "with Bond's bad knees, he just can't run em down like he used to..."

I wonder if the hitters know that and are intentionally trying to hit them in Bond's direction. Any validity to that? If so, at what point does Bond's poor defense become too much of a detriment?