Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Mexico

Ashley Lelie to the Jaguars ?

Does this deal make sense now that Jymee Smith has

announced his retirement ?

Lelie and Wilford starting with Matt Jones also seeing a lot of action.

PREDICTION: LELIE TO THE JAGS

I drafted Lelie last year. :huh:

I don’t know whether it was all his fault or Jake Plummer’s fault or a combination of both, but he sucked *ss. He would have to fall pretty far in the draft before I’d take him again, regardless of which team gets him.

I don't see it happening... you don't replace a number 1 WR with a project gone bad like Lelie... he hasn't shown anything to make you think he is a primary WR.

I don't see it happening... you don't replace a number 1 WR with a project gone bad like Lelie... he hasn't shown anything to make you think he is a primary WR.

You do, when there are limited options.

I think a change of address for Lelie may

be the elixer.

Does this deal make sense now that Jymee Smith has

announced his retirement ?

:lol: Who the h<ll is Jymee Smith?

I don't think Jacksonville would look to him to be their #1 go-to guy. Considering Lelie can get deep, he'd fit Leftwich's big arm pretty well.

I don't think Jacksonville would look to him to be their #1 go-to guy. Considering Lelie can get deep, he'd fit Leftwich's big arm pretty well.

They've already got that - his name's Wilford.

Lelie can get deep, but it sure helps to catch the freakin ball when he gets there. :ninja:

I drafted Lelie last year. :ninja:

I don’t know whether it was all his fault or Jake Plummer’s fault or a combination of both, but he sucked *ss. He would have to fall pretty far in the draft before I’d take him again, regardless of which team gets him.

Iagree, except that lelie can prolly be had fairy cheaply, and may, in conjunction with jones and wilford, contribute to a productive WR corps.

I drafted Lelie last year. :ninja:

Considering Plummer was a Pro-Bowl QB, it was likely Lelei.

I don't see Lelei ending up in Jax. Smith's retirement and Lelei's availability are mutually exclusive and do not lead to the conclusion that Lelei ends up in Jax. He's not a good fit there.

I'd bet against Lelie going to J-ville.

The Jags are still giving Reggie Williams one more year to develop and more importantly, Wilford was arguably their best receiver last year (if you look at drops, something Smith had a lot of). Jones has been very promising as a rookie at both the NFL level and the position. I just don't there being a need for Lelie here.

Watch for undrafted FA Charles Sharon. I think he'll make the team as the #4 WR...

Lelie can get deep, but it sure helps to catch the freakin ball when he gets there. :thumbsdown:

I don't remember Wilford being touted as a speed threat. I know they're hoping Matt Jones becomes that big #1 target who can get deep, but I thought Wilford was more of a tough, over the middle WR as his 6'4 220 frame suggests.

I don't remember Wilford being touted as a speed threat. I know they're hoping Matt Jones becomes that big #1 target who can get deep, but I thought Wilford was more of a tough, over the middle WR as his 6'4 220 frame suggests.

your right...wilford is not explosive at all and is the big target over the middle, which marcedes lewis now should be.. but wilford is nooo deep threat.

he's not - but he is a reliable receiver and Lelie is not.

They have Williams, who they believe is going to develop into a deep threat - so why get another experimental WR, especially one who's already been something of a flop?

he's not - but he is a reliable receiver and Lelie is not.

They have Williams, who they believe is going to develop into a deep threat - so why get another experimental WR, especially one who's already been something of a flop?

I think they already know that Reggie Williams is a farce.

Lelie is much more talented.

I'm surprised that Smith is retiring. He said it's just not in his heart to continue. I would think that the direction the team is headed would be exciting, but it's never that simple.

Lelie would probably be a better fit in Jacksonville than he was in Denver. Leftwich has an arm that is up there with any other QB in the league, he really stretches the field with his throwing range and that's what Lelie is best at, getting separation downfield as opposed to getting separation short or intermediate. I don't know that the Jags need him though with all of the speed they have and the point of development their young receivers are at.

this deal wouldnt make sense. lelie is an average and inconsistent wr at best.

the jags have done very well drafting starters for their team. they've been drafting wr for 2-3 yrs in anticipation of jimmy's exit. wilford looks to be gaining polish each of his 2 yrs, and matt jones came on late last season. bust reggie williams can anchor the wr3 spot, and they have a new 'marcedes' at tight end to open up the seams.

Lelie can get deep, but it sure helps to catch the freakin ball when he gets there. :banana:

i couldn't agree with you more Scooter. He broke my heart many of times last year dropping sure touchdown.... he will never be a #1 WR for any team.

i dont see it happening...i mean it could make sense but i think they will turn to matt jones this year.

;) I agree. M Jones, R williams, and E Wilford will get the job done.

1. Plummer has a big arm too, Lefty won't help Lelie any more than Plummer did. System/scenary change? Maybe, but not QB change.

2. They have a young disappointing WR in Williams, why would they want another one?

It wouldn't shock me, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Jax isn't desperate for a WR, they've got 2 good young ones there with some other potential.

1. Plummer has a big arm too, Lefty won't help Lelie any more than Plummer did. System/scenary change? Maybe, but not QB change.

2. They have a young disappointing WR in Williams, why would they want another one?

It wouldn't shock me, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Jax isn't desperate for a WR, they've got 2 good young ones there with some other potential.

They've got 2 young ones and not much else.

They've got 2 young ones and not much else.

But how is Lelie an improvement over what they have? If he was a FA then I could see, but it doesn't make sense to give up ANYTHING to get a guy that isn't an improvement. If they brought in Lelie, they'd still have 2 young ones and not much else.