Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Lets Talk some Late Round Draft Picks

If you have any thoughts on these guys please feel free to post:

Ron Dayne- Can he unseat Tatum Bell?

Fred Taylor- Strictly a backup on every fantasy roster?

Marion Barber- Anyone like him better than JJ?

Ahman Green- Will Gado see the field if Ahman is healthy?

Priest Holmes- TD ######? Retire?

William Green- #2 behind Droughnes?

Lee Suggs- Does he stay in Cleveland with Droughnes off the field problems?

Santonio Holmes- A good keeper?

David Givens- Better than Drew Bennett?

Reggie Brown- Is he the #1 in Philly?

Koren Robinson- Are any of you convinced that he can play?

Moose Muhammid- Can he be a good #3 fantasy WR?

Ernest Wilford/Matt Jones/Reggie Williams- Pick 1!

A lot of names that fit the category. All of them have a lot of upside and downside. You can easily see scenarios where they do nothing or actually become quality fantasy contributors.

A guy I'm intrigued by is Barber. Having seen the Tuna in action I know he has guys he favors and has guys that he doesn't really care for. I get the feeling that Julius Jones is one injury away from heading to the Tuna's doghouse. The kid is definetly talented but he hasn't proved he can be a legit workhorse for a full season. Now that it's year three for JJ the Tuna won't be patient too much longer. Therefore I see a definte opportunity for Barber to become the Tuna's back. If Jones gets hurt again I think Barber could take that job and keep it. He has some very intriguing upside. If that scenario happens he could be a very good fantasy RB this year.

Late round after 10 in a 12 teamer is what this means to me.

Koren Robinson - I would love to have this guy as my #3 possibly #4 wr - I like taking chances on my #3 because you just never know who might just get you 8+ tds

I also like Matt Jones because of his 6'6" height and sub 4.4 - what a great redzone target plus he'll flat out fly by you in man converage. He's good for the long bomb and 10 yard fade into the corner.

As far as your running back list goes...well I take 5 each year and my top 4 had better be stronger than the list you have. If Dayne is there in the 11th round I might just have to take him.

Reggie Brown is on my radar who is also I guy I will happily take as my 3rd or 4th

I also Like LLoyd - Booker - Bryant as wr's late in the draft.

Late round after 10 in a 12 teamer is what this means to me.

Koren Robinson - I would love to have this guy as my #3 possibly #4 wr - I like taking chances on my #3 because you just never know who might just get you 8+ tds

I also like Matt Jones because of his 6'6" height and sub 4.4 - what a great redzone target plus he'll flat out fly by you in man converage. He's good for the long bomb and 10 yard fade into the corner.

As far as your running back list goes...well I take 5 each year and my top 4 had better be stronger than the list you have. If Dayne is there in the 11th round I might just have to take him.

I also Like LLoyd - Booker - Bryant as wr's late in the draft.

If Matt Jones looks good in camp I bet he goes pretty early. He's the type of guy I can easily see someone falling for. He has those crazy skills and now that Smith has retired there's a huge vacuum in Jax. They'll be plenty of owners convincing themselves he can be a big contributor. He'll have a great opportunity (as will Wilford) to put up some good numbers. I'm just not sold he can do it every week. He really needs to refine his game before he can become a legit week in and week out stud. Right now I see him having pretty good overall numbers but they'll come in bunches as he'll have some monster weeks and some where he's invisible. IMO the key factor for Jones will be consistency. Can he maintain it.

Chad Jackson?

I'd love to see it as a Pats fan but I think he'll do more in real football than fantasy football in 06. The combination of Chad being a rookie and the Pats spreading the ball around and not being fantasy friendly to WRs is a lot to overcome.

Most if not all those guys you name will not be around RD10+. Maybe KRob who I am very high on this year. Whoever emerges as CMart's BU is intrigueing with the O linemen drafted and if Pennigton returns to form. Obviously, I don't think CMart going to make it thru the year.

Ill touch on some of those players.....

Ron Dayne - I definitely see Bell as the lead back in this situation. Anderson was an underrated back, but what seperates him from Dayne is power. Dayne just isnt powerful for a man his size....Anderson was. Bell is too good of a player to be removed for Dayne at the frequency at which Anderson played. I like Dayne's chances of getting 800 or so yds and 7 or 8 TDs. Spelling Bell and helping to keep him healthy will be his primary importance.

Fred Taylor - just one of those guys I wouldnt personally touch. Health problems, limited goalline looks, and committee.

Marion Barber - do NOT like him better than JJ. Jones will get another full opportunity this year to carry the load. I just question whether he is built for that type of work. Imo, they should use these 2 guys like Bell and Anderson were used last year in Denver. Barber's a must have handcuff if you own Jones.

Ahman Green? - just dont mess with him. He's older and hurt and on one of the worst teams in football.

Priest Holmes - He'll absolutely retire in the near future. He will not risk paralysis.

William Green - proven himself utterly worthless....a major bust . Id pass on him, too.

Santonio Holmes - good keeper in about 3 or 4 years if the stars align. I think he'll be a nice role player, whose production will be difficult to predict from week to week until Ward's done....I wouldnt personally mess with him because Ward is the guy for the forseeable future, and Pitt runs the ball a ton.

Dave Givens - He could be in for a respectable season, but he plays so physical, that injuries seem to take a toll. TN's QB position is uncertain, but for now, Id say Givens could be a back end top 20 pick with at or close to 1000yds and around 7 or 8 TDs.

Reggie Brown - he'll be a star in Philly. Get him when you can.

Koren Robinson - here's a very interesting player....could be a MAJOR sleeper, imo. Im not overly impressed to say the least with the rest of the MN WRs. There's noone on that roster to challenge him as the top guy, so he should see alot of action. Im personally torn over possibly keeping him as a 7th keeper in one league, but Im trying to keep some perspective here. I just think the guy will be taken so late.....around 40th overall WR that he'll represent unreal value. Nothing he's done in the past worries me. Keep your eye on him.

Muhammad - I just wont mess with him. He plays in Chicago, and guys dont put up passing or receiving #s in Chicago.

Jax WRs - Reggie Williams is without a doubt the best WR on this team now. His attitude is questionable. Alot of people like Matt Jones and Wiliford, but for a shot at prolific #s, Id only be looking at Williams. We'll see how far he slides on the chart....he'd be a steal taken in the 40-50 range. he may not last that long come draft time.

Good list of players youre scouting. Good luck.

If Matt Jones looks good in camp I bet he goes pretty early. He's the type of guy I can easily see someone falling for. He has those crazy skills and now that Smith has retired there's a huge vacuum in Jax. They'll be plenty of owners convincing themselves he can be a big contributor. He'll have a great opportunity (as will Wilford) to put up some good numbers. I'm just not sold he can do it every week. He really needs to refine his game before he can become a legit week in and week out stud. Right now I see him having pretty good overall numbers but they'll come in bunches as he'll have some monster weeks and some where he's invisible. IMO the key factor for Jones will be consistency. Can he maintain it.

Great call. Someone will reach for him, he'll probably be inconsistent, and be one of those forgotten 3rd year breakouts the year after. Give him a year to be a starter and I can see that scenario happening.

Jax WRs - Reggie Williams is without a doubt the best WR on this team now. His attitude is questionable. Alot of people like Matt Jones and Wiliford, but for a shot at prolific #s, Id only be looking at Williams. We'll see how far he slides on the chart....he'd be a steal taken in the 40-50 range. he may not last that long come draft time.

you are so wrong here IMO. Matt jones clearly has the most talent, and reggie williams has done nothing. He didnt even start half the games last year! i would never touch reggie... jags homers like me have lost faith in Reggie...hes been a letdown. wilford and matt jones are the go to guys. reggie has nothing that matt jones doesnt have. wilford has better hands and route running ability then reggie. go with MJ or wilford.

If you look at the thread I have "Dynasty Roster" you can view the WR's I am have to choose from. I plan on taking 2. Your feedback would be appreciated.

you are so wrong here IMO. Matt jones clearly has the most talent, and reggie williams has done nothing. He didnt even start half the games last year! i would never touch reggie... jags homers like me have lost faith in Reggie...hes been a letdown. wilford and matt jones are the go to guys. reggie has nothing that matt jones doesnt have. wilford has better hands and route running ability then reggie. go with MJ or wilford.

I cant disagree with you about Jones having talent, but he doesnt have much experience. He's played WR for exactly one season. He's 2 or 3 years away from being the lead receiver on a good team. Thats my only point here. Reggie has as much talent, but more polish. He thinks he can walk on water, and would probably compare himself to TO, so as I said his attitude is seriously in question. I probably wouldnt mess with him either, but the kid's got skills. If he tightens up mentally, Im telling you he could do some damage. A calculated gamble. Im not talking about Wilford. Some sleepers youve got to protect.

Ron Dayne- Can he unseat Tatum Bell?

I don't think it's question of can he unseat him because, until Shanny puts another high draft pick into another RB, these are the guys he's gonna roll with. I think it comes down to how many more carries will one get over the other. Unfortunately, if you get one, you might have to reach to get the other and then decide every week which one will get the TDs. Look for Bell to get 10-12 touches per game and for Dayne to either prove he can handle the rest and, if not, for Shanny to start giving the carries to the next guy - Cobbs? It's maddening at any rate, to choose which guy will be the producer each week. Someone will, but who?

Fred Taylor- Strictly a backup on every fantasy roster?

Frauddy is fine for a bye week fill in or if your main guy has a tough matchup, but make sure to get Greg Jones when Freddy starts to break down - weak 1? Since starting RBs are a premium, I like to look for any one before I start getting into the more serious RBBCs - like Denver. At least you know that if Fred's healthy, he'll get the rock. Guessing when he'll get hurt? That's another story.

Marion Barber- Anyone like him better than JJ?

I like him better, on the Cowpolks at least, because 1) his pops played NFL, which Parcells will appreciate 2) he hasn't had the injury bug that JJ has had. This might me JJ's last chance to get his 280+ carries, or look for Barber to be #1 next season. For this year, it's a toss up. JJ will be given the benefit of the doubt and the first crack at toting the rock, with a smattering of Barber judisciously sprinkled in for good measure. They might have similar stats at the end of year, but which one gets the call week-to-week is a huge question, of which, the answer cannot be easily predicted.

Ahman Green- Will Gado see the field if Ahman is healthy?

Stay away from GB. Take Gado with a late, late round pick and laugh if some sucker reaches for him. GB'S defense will eventually be good, but not this year. Any GB RB will get 10-12 carries in the 1st half, while they are still within reach. It'll be Favre's game in the 2nd half.

Priest Holmes- TD ######? Retire?

LJ will be the man regardless. If you got LJ, take the Priest if you can. If not, spend a pick of better value elsewhere.

William Green- #2 behind Droughnes?

All 3 Cleveland RBs are garbage. But, at least Droughns will get 320 carries. I have two of the RBs. Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Lee Suggs- Does he stay in Cleveland with Droughnes off the field problems?

Droughns will play. No question there. And he will get the ball. Jerome Harrison is a Savage/Crennel draft pick. Look at him instead.

Santonio Holmes- A good keeper?

Depends on how many keepers you have. In a dynasty, I would love to get this cat. He plays very hard and has very good skill. Pitt is actually a great destination for him. Cowher will slowly open up the offense, especially since 1) the RB corps isn't as strong as it once could be considered 2) Big Ben is getting better every day. Look for them to become the Steelers of 2003 and toss the ball more. Also, he gets to learn from Hines and not be the focal point until he's needed. He can be a 1100 yard 8-10 TD guy in a few years. Patience on this guy, young grasshoopper.

David Givens- Better than Drew Bennett?

When in doubt, follow the money. Tenn is a mess, with 20 WRs on the roster, no 0-line, but someone has to catch the ball. Look for Givens and the TEs the benefit the most.

Reggie Brown- Is he the #1 in Philly?

He is. What does that mean statistically is the question. He can be a nice #3 fastasy WR this year, with potential to get better. He's no game breaker, but he could become a solid #2 fantasy WR. I like him, because I like McNabb and Brown's confidence.

Koren Robinson- Are any of you convinced that he can play?

Yes. Take him as a #3 and watch him be better than that. He was very good at NC St, and that one good year with the Shehawks. He is sober now, which makes one of us, so he should be good to go.

Moose Muhammid- Can he be a good #3 fantasy WR?

Yes. He is a player. Bearsch didn't spend all that money on him to block. He'll be in the game plan more since if Grossman goes down, Grieseball will be backing him. Take him with confidence.

Ernest Wilford/Matt Jones/Reggie Williams- Pick 1!

Wilford. There is no real question in my mind. I saw Wilford play maybe 10 games in college and I coveted him in the NFL. The guy is a straight up monster. He has a great aggressive attitude that makes him better than some of the other guys with more athletic ability, ie Reggie Williams. Athletic ability is only one part of the equation - he has some of that too. I tried to trade 2 dynasty rookie picks and a young RB for him. I got the shaft. Wilford will be good, Jones will be strong, but more gadget than go-to. Wait for Reggie to go to another team. I think his time is done being the future in Jax.

i think the bit about muhammed being avoided becasue chicago WRs never put up good stats is nonsense. look at what happened the very first game grossman stepped onto the field last season for chicago -- muhammed caught all sorts of passes. also dont forget that the bears have often had productive fantasy WRs like marty booker even with mediocre QBs, just not the last couple of years.

i think the bit about muhammed being avoided becasue chicago WRs never put up good stats is nonsense. look at what happened the very first game grossman stepped onto the field last season for chicago -- muhammed caught all sorts of passes. also dont forget that the bears have often had productive fantasy WRs like marty booker even with mediocre QBs, just not the last couple of years.

Cool. Why dont you did up some #s there for me on guys in Chi-town at QB or WR ranking in the top 20 in the past 15 yrs? Ill check back. That should take you too long...

Cool. Why dont you did up some #s there for me on guys in Chi-town at QB or WR ranking in the top 20 in the past 15 yrs? Ill check back. That should take you too long...

i know right off the bat that marty booker in 00 and 01 averaged about 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 7 TDs for the bears. in a PPR league, those numbers are pretty much gold.

another one is curtis conway. in 95 and 96, he averaged about 70 catches for 1000+ yards and 10 TDs. in that same year (1995), jeff graham also had 82 catches for 1300 yards. only 4 TDs, but thats probably top 20 in a PPR league.

also of course marcus robinson in 1999. he had a huge breakout year of 84 catches, 1400 yards, and 9 TDs... and was never really heard from again.

that looks like 5 of the last 11 years where the bears had a receiver with a pretty good fantasy season, despite usually awful QBs and pitiful teams in general.

The problem with Moose is that he plays on a run first team, has young QBs (unless Griese gets the nod), and drops too many passes.

To answer the original question, though, of is he a worthy 3rd WR, the answer is yes. He was clearly the first option in the passing game all last year, and if he can focus and catch the ball, he will put up real nice numbers...for a 3rd WR.

I like Dayne, who could give you some quality starts with the Denver RB situation, especially if bell goes down.

Freddy will onle a backup in my oponion,

I could see Barber maybe getting some touches,

I also like Reggie Brown as a solid number 3 this season.

i know right off the bat that marty booker in 00 and 01 averaged about 100 catches, 1100 yards, and 7 TDs for the bears. in a PPR league, those numbers are pretty much gold.

another one is curtis conway. in 95 and 96, he averaged about 70 catches for 1000+ yards and 10 TDs. in that same year (1995), jeff graham also had 82 catches for 1300 yards. only 4 TDs, but thats probably top 20 in a PPR league.

also of course marcus robinson in 1999. he had a huge breakout year of 84 catches, 1400 yards, and 9 TDs... and was never really heard from again.

that looks like 5 of the last 11 years where the bears had a receiver with a pretty good fantasy season, despite usually awful QBs and pitiful teams in general.

So there you go. Over the past 15 years, you could have provide 30 total seasons from #1 and 2 WRs.....or even a #3 here and there. Youve given me 6 seasons of worthwhile stats out of 30 total seasons. thats a 20%hit. are you following me there? 1 very good season from Conway in his 3rd season where he was IN HIS PRIME and caught 12 TDs. One flukey season from Marcus Robinson who's never really been heard from again. and then 4 decent seasons from Conway, Booker and JEFF GRAHAM?? in 15 years? Im not sure what kind of %s you like to play, but in my book, 20% may as well be ZERO PERCENT. Conway's seasons were the 3rd and 4th. So were Booker's. I wouldnt bother looking up Graham and Robinson. So, 4 of those seasons were players performing at their athletic peaks. You want to take a chance with an 11th year WR putting up #s in a #s graveyard for WRs, you go ahead. Im gonna go ahead and let people know that's a low percentage play. You called me out. You were right. I cant say that Chicago WRs "NEVER" put up #s........just "RARELY EVER"....I stand corrected. nice call...now go draft Muhammad as a #3WR just to make your point....I dare you.

I cant disagree with you about Jones having talent, but he doesnt have much experience. He's played WR for exactly one season. He's 2 or 3 years away from being the lead receiver on a good team. Thats my only point here. Reggie has as much talent, but more polish. He thinks he can walk on water, and would probably compare himself to TO, so as I said his attitude is seriously in question. I probably wouldnt mess with him either, but the kid's got skills. If he tightens up mentally, Im telling you he could do some damage. A calculated gamble. Im not talking about Wilford. Some sleepers youve got to protect.

i see what your saying....but matt jones is more polished than Reggie. Reggie had less receptions than MJ and had 0 TD's compared to jones' 5. jones was in his 1st season, and reggie is still a disappointment. but the jags staff doesnt think what you think. MJ or Wilford will be the answer

So there you go. Over the past 15 years, you could have provide 30 total seasons from #1 and 2 WRs.....or even a #3 here and there. Youve given me 6 seasons of worthwhile stats out of 30 total seasons. thats a 20%hit. are you following me there? 1 very good season from Conway in his 3rd season where he was IN HIS PRIME and caught 12 TDs. One flukey season from Marcus Robinson who's never really been heard from again. and then 4 decent seasons from Conway, Booker and JEFF GRAHAM?? in 15 years? Im not sure what kind of %s you like to play, but in my book, 20% may as well be ZERO PERCENT. Conway's seasons were the 3rd and 4th. So were Booker's. I wouldnt bother looking up Graham and Robinson. So, 4 of those seasons were players performing at their athletic peaks. You want to take a chance with an 11th year WR putting up #s in a #s graveyard for WRs, you go ahead. Im gonna go ahead and let people know that's a low percentage play. You called me out. You were right. I cant say that Chicago WRs "NEVER" put up #s........just "RARELY EVER"....I stand corrected. nice call...now go draft Muhammad as a #3WR just to make your point....I dare you.

i live in chicago so im (unfortunately) stuck watching the bears all sesaon. i can tell you one thing -- muhammed may not have had top fantasy numbers last year, but it wasnt his fault. he was double and triple teamed all season, and when he would get open now and then, he had a QB (orton) who couldnt get him the ball. this team was lucky to hit triple digit passing yards any given game under orton. muhammed played 15 games and had 64 catches for 750 yards and 4 TDs.

i dont expect miracles from grossman, but hes way better than orton and it showed near the end of last season, even when rex was rusty and hadnt played all year. muhammad isnt a stud anymore -- was he ever? -- but he runs good routes and catches balls. hes also a big redzone threat. this year the bears should again be the nfc north favorites. i dont think its too much of a stretch to think muhammed can catch 80 balls for 1000 yards and 6 or 7 TDs. that certainly wont light anyones world on fire, but it makes him a good WR3 type, and he is even more valuable in a PPR league.

in a 3 WR league, i pretty much always wait on that third WR until late. you can bet i'll end up with someone like muhsin or rod smith again this year, and i'll get my points just fine.

Of note though, Grossman played in 2 games down the stretch last year before the playoffs. He threw for 93yds and no scores wk 15 and 166 and 1TD wk 16, and DNP in wk 17. Call me crazy, but I wouldnt want my 4th or 5th WR attached to a QB putting up those kind of #s.

Just a different philosophy, man. You live near Chicago....you know the players and the weather there late in the season. Im looking for a 3rd WR who's consistent and with a little more upside who can perform down the stretch. Were just thinking differently here. I can live with that.

I would like to in throw David Carr. New system with a offensive minded coach who was also a QB. The o-line is improved by way of freeagents and draft. He finally has weapons at WR and TE. They added a short yardage RB to move the pyle and keep the offense on the field. Plus they improved the defense which should get him better frield position. Not a stud but a sleeper.

I think Nate Burleson is another candidate for this list. He couldn't cut it as the #1 in Minny, but had a very productive 2nd year in Minny. If he can pick up the WCO he'll put up big numbers w/ Hasselbeck throwing him the ball and DJax, Stevens, and Alexander on the field taking the defense's attention away.

I would like to in throw David Carr. New system with a offensive minded coach who was also a QB. The o-line is improved by way of freeagents and draft. He finally has weapons at WR and TE. They added a short yardage RB to move the pyle and keep the offense on the field. Plus they improved the defense which should get him better frield position. Not a stud but a sleeper.

I am going to take carr as my #2 period - 9th round and I hope he is going to be there. He's had all the turmoil of NFL "groin pains" and this could be the year of 20+ td's. I like Johnson and Moulds and that super fast wr (2nd year with blazing speed - forgot his name)- all legitimite targets. Plays in a dome where he can be accurate. I just hope he's not on his back too much. WEll, he can't be anymore than the past couple of years.

I think Nate Burleson is another candidate for this list. He couldn't cut it as the #1 in Minny, but had a very productive 2nd year in Minny. If he can pick up the WCO he'll put up big numbers w/ Hasselbeck throwing him the ball and DJax, Stevens, and Alexander on the field taking the defense's attention away.

He's a guy that's really tough to slot right now. You can definetly see all types of scenarios for him. I liked him last year and got burnt spending a decent pick on him. That injury really took a toll on his whole year. In many ways it was a wasted year. Fortunately for him he was still able to sign a big deal and being in a very good offense is another bonus.

The big question for Burleson is is he 100%. You can't judge him until that question is answered. If so he's a guy I'll be watching closely in camp. There's a lot of potential upside if everything falls into place. I would not be surprised if I have a different ranking each week for this guy. Right now he's a blank slate and I definetly need a lot more info before I make a decision on him.

Chester Taylor - mid-to-late 3rd round.

Are you kidding me? They gave him a 5.6 million dollar signing bonus and rebuilt the O-Line.

These aren't subtle hints, folks. This guy has breakout year written all over him, IMO. If healthy a 1800 total yards/12 TDs isn't out of the question. For late 3rd round, that's awesome RB2 value.

Put aside the concerns about MMoore - if they were committing to Moore, they wouldn't have gone out and gone after Taylor the 1st week of FA. I PRAY that I get 1.03, so I can go LT2 -> Owens or Harrison -> CTaylor. :thumbsup:

Chester Taylor - mid-to-late 3rd round.

Are you kidding me? They gave him a 5.6 million dollar signing bonus and rebuilt the O-Line.

These aren't subtle hints, folks. This guy has breakout year written all over him, IMO. If healthy a 1800 total yards/12 TDs isn't out of the question. For late 3rd round, that's awesome RB2 value.

Put aside the concerns about MMoore - if they were committing to Moore, they wouldn't have gone out and gone after Taylor the 1st week of FA. I PRAY that I get 1.03, so I can go LT2 -> Owens or Harrison -> CTaylor. :thumbsup:

He's looking for late round talent. Taylor doesn't fit that category. Depending on what type of buzz he generates in camp he'll probably go anywhere from the early second to mid third. Fantasy has become so RB heavy in most drafts that if you want Taylor you better be prepared to use a high pick.

No one like Lendale White as a late sleeper? We know Chris Brown will not be the goal line back. Lendale should be getting those carries. Not to mention, at some point, Chris B will be getting knocked out.

Ron Dayne- Can he unseat Tatum Bell? I know every New England fan wants to emphatically say otherwise, but I'm curious to see if Cedric Cobbs can mature into an NFL runner. He's a very instinctive RB that needed to learn how to work. Cobbs will likely be a waiver wire guy unless he tears it up early or Shanny uncharacteristically tells the media the job is Cobbs' and tells the truth

Fred Taylor- Strictly a backup on every fantasy roster? Maybe to start the year but as long as he doesn't piss off Del Rio too much, the fact he got on great shape means he could be a good bargain

Marion Barber- Anyone like him better than JJ?Absolutely. Do I like him to start over JJ? No. But I like him as a player and believe picking JJ is a risky proposition this year.

Ahman Green- Will Gado see the field if Ahman is healthy? No. Gado is struggling already in camp. Another reason he won't see the field is if Davenport is healthy.

Priest Holmes- TD ######? Retire?Yes

William Green- #2 behind Droughns? Based on the news, it will be between Green and the rookie Jerome Harrison. Both of these RBs will need to go down with injury for Suggs to get a shot to stick with the team and light it up.

Lee Suggs- Does he stay in Cleveland with Droughnes off the field problems? No. They like Harrison and feel Green is back on track to be a productive contributor. I don't know where Suggs goes or if he ever gets a chance to show his talent. There's not mistake he's talented, just injury-prone to start his career.

Santonio Holmes- A good keeper? Okay, but I'll be surprised if he's ever close to Hines Ward.

David Givens- Better than Drew Bennett? Not better...different. Bennett is a better deep threat. Givens is better over the middle and short yardage.

Reggie Brown- Is he the #1 in Philly? Yes and a very good candidate to break out this year.

Koren Robinson- Are any of you convinced that he can play? I'm still wary of his hands. That said, when he's on, he's terrific. Johnson has to throw it to someone. He's definitely worth a later pick.

Moose Muhammid- Can he be a good #3 fantasy WR? Sure. I actually think Grossman/Griese will be good enough to make Muhammad a worthy fantasy WR.

Ernest Wilford/Matt Jones/Reggie Williams- Pick 1! Wilford, but I think there's a good chance you'll be okay if you picked two...as long as Williams isn't one of them

No one like Lendale White as a late sleeper? We know Chris Brown will not be the goal line back. Lendale should be getting those carries. Not to mention, at some point, Chris B will be getting knocked out.

As much as I have busted on White pre-draft, I love him as a late pick. Tennessee's line will be better this year with the addition of Mawae, some young guys getting more experience, and veteran receivers returning (Bennett and Calico) and the addition of Givens. Brown is no lock for the starting gig. Even if he wins it, a full season in 2006 will be his first...

I also agree White could be a nice late round pick, but he's got alot to prove and the off season hamstring issues are a concern. Alot would have to happen right for that guy to have a decent season. If he starts up with hamstring problems during the season, he'll be a worthless RB on a really bad team. Personally, I wouldnt really touch him, but next year and in the future he may amount to something.

Late round RBs Id keep my eye on...

Greg Jones

Ron Dayne...obviously

Brian Calhoun

Marion Barber

Verron Haynes

Eric Shelton

Sam Gado

Calhoun could be a nice 3rd down back, or fill in if Jones goes down. Haynes and Shelton will probably be the goalline backs out of the gate, and I really like Haynes as a nice starter should anything happen to FWP.

The rest of these guys are #1 backs waiting to happen, imo.