Sign in to follow this  
spottedowl

Free Plumbing advice

finished basement. natural gas/hot water heat.

in one of the rooms--pretty much in the center of the room--there is a wet spot on the carpeting of about 4' x 4' (it's been there awhile as a book sitting on the floor on top of the wet spot has major mold on it).

--there is no wet spots/leak marks in the ceiling above it.

--there is no wet spots/leak on any wall anywhere in the basement

--there is no wet spots/leak under any of the wall radiators (and all of those are far away from this wet spot anyway).

--the carpet all around this one, particular spot is completely dry.

--nothing was spilled on the carpet and left.

so what's the problem? got me stumped.

That does sound strange. It is difficult to diagnose that type of problem sitting at home. Water travels to the spot of least resistance. It could be coming from anything.

This is kinda dual, plumming and auto.

I have a cool air intake system on my Jeep, but because of the position of the throttle body near the brake booster, it deforms the rubber grommet that holds it on, and the original one it came with cracked eventually. So, I got, in the plummers isle at Home Depot, a bigger, thicker grommet. I could not find the exact size. Not at any Autozone, either.

So, I got the closest fit I could find, and the booster is really in the way now. I had it on there, thought the clamps were tight, but it's not a perfect fit. Fell off.

I also have the stock air-box. Maybe, a little combo, is what the job requires. Stock connections, free flow filter.

I WANT MY FREE ADVICE! WHAT A RIPOFF! FREE is TOO MUCH!!!!!

::lightsaber:

:fwashhhzzzz: :mwow: : frow:

SECOND LIGHTSABER: (the red one) :FREOW: :PATSCCCHHH: :ZZZT: :BAP: :BAP:

"I have you now."

Understand, it's a Jeep Wrangler. Post '91 EFI 4 banger. I have a Helix Throttle Body spacer, can drive it with no filter, but it's not happy. Do I continue to mess with the K+N, or just put it back to the stock airbox? All the parts are there. If I didn't have Power Brakes ... it'd be no problem. I like Power Brakes. Not willing to give up power breaks.

That does sound strange. It is difficult to diagnose that type of problem sitting at home. Water travels to the spot of least resistance. It could be coming from anything.

How old is the house? Almost sounds like someone carpetted over a floor drain that is now backing up.

Or for the scooby doo explanation, someone is leaving ice bullets in the center of the room. Have you checked to see if any maniacs are living in your crawlspace?

How old is the house? Almost sounds like someone carpetted over a floor drain that is now backing up.

Or for the scooby doo explanation, someone is leaving ice bullets in the center of the room. Have you checked to see if any maniacs are living in your crawlspace?

the house was built in 92. could be. there's a drain in the unfinished room where the furnace is...unless there's more than one.

finished basement. natural gas/hot water heat.

in one of the rooms--pretty much in the center of the room--there is a wet spot on the carpeting of about 4' x 4' (it's been there awhile as a book sitting on the floor on top of the wet spot has major mold on it).

--there is no wet spots/leak marks in the ceiling above it.

--there is no wet spots/leak on any wall anywhere in the basement

--there is no wet spots/leak under any of the wall radiators (and all of those are far away from this wet spot anyway).

--the carpet all around this one, particular spot is completely dry.

--nothing was spilled on the carpet and left.

so what's the problem? got me stumped.

Hey! I'm missing a snowman. :wub:

Here ya go....45 year old condo. The downspout in the tub is leaking a slow drip. Would your guess be a washer in the cold water knob?

Here ya go....45 year old condo. The downspout in the tub is leaking a slow drip. Would your guess be a washer in the cold water knob?

I would probably change the washer because it is not serving it's purpose. Yep, that's what I would do. Here is another dilema. What year is the valve? Who made it? Is it pre 1972? Grrrrrr!!!!! :cry: