Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jesus

Anybody besides me see the George Washington thing

Pretty damn good. That's the kind of stuff you don't get in 9th grade history class.

Hell, I've even been to Mt. Vernon and I had no clue how awesome the whole military campaign was.

:lol:

Nope, didn't see it. Any stories about Georgie laying the presidential pipe to any of his hot girl slaves?

Dang, I saw previews of that show, but I missed it. I dig a good history story, and George Washington seems especially interesting.

I've always said he might have single handidly saved this country. Getting a a few thousand overworked and underpaid soldiers to keep on fighting a war that must have seemed unwinnable. I understand Washington really wasn't the greatest military mind to ever live. His greatest strength was his ability to motivate and lead men. Not to mention, evade capture. If they hadn't crossed the Delaware that night, the entire war probably would have been lost the following day. I don't think people realize how close America came to losing that war.

One interesting story I heard about Washington was early in his military career, him and his men were captured by the French. At the time, all educated men could read and write French, but Washington couldn't. Too ashamed to admit it, he signed a confession letter not really knowing what he was confessing to. Turns out the letter had him confessing to all kinds of horrible war crimes. Unfortuantely, I don't know all the details of how he got out of that mess.

I saw most of it. Very well done, as is most stuff on The History Channel.

Georgie was a badass. :doublethumbsup:

Dang, I saw previews of that show, but I missed it. I dig a good history story, and George Washington seems especially interesting.

I've always said he might have single handidly saved this country. Getting a a few thousand overworked and underpaid soldiers to keep on fighting a war that must have seemed unwinnable. I understand Washington really wasn't the greatest military mind to ever live. His greatest strength was his ability to motivate and lead men. Not to mention, evade capture. If they hadn't crossed the Delaware that night, the entire war probably would have been lost the following day. I don't think people realize how close America came to losing that war.

One interesting story I heard about Washington was early in his military career, him and his men were captured by the French. At the time, all educated men could read and write French, but Washington couldn't. Too ashamed to admit it, he signed a confession letter not really knowing what he was confessing to. Turns out the letter had him confessing to all kinds of horrible war crimes. Unfortuantely, I don't know all the details of how he got out of that mess.

before you give george washington credit for saving the country - maybe you should watch the ben franklin special that the history channel does

you may just change your mind

frankilin b.s.ed the french out of their $$

and the indians into helping out in a desperate situation

jmho

Anything you see about George Washington is a lot like the bible..

it's all make believe.

Anything you see about George Washington is a lot like the bible..

it's all make believe.

here fishy fishy fishy