Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Steelers to bring back Maddox...

:mad:

lthough Pittsburgh is optimistic Ben Roethlisberger will be ready for the season opener, the Steelers are looking for a quarterback just in case, the Beaver Country Times reports.

"We have to be looking for another quarterback," an assistant coach, who asked not to be identified, said Tuesday. "I just don't know who it will be."

Tommy Maddox has emerged as a possibility, although Maddox's agent, Vann McElroy, claims the Steelers have yet to contact his client. Maddox, who started 32 games during his five-year stay in Pittsburgh, announced his retirement earlier this offseason, but has not ruled out a return to football.

"Tommy could go either way," McElroy said. "He's looking for the right situation either way. I know he's been playing a lot of golf lately. But he's also working out in case he gets another chance to play football. We feel that he still has a lot of football left in him."

does anyone here really believe Big Ben will be ready for the opener? THe guy had major head injuries. :thumbsup:

I thought he had a good sized cut in the back of his head but only a minor concussion?