Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Is the College World Series biased

Seems like every year, it's 7 teams from warm states with one sleeper team sneaking through. And some years, all 8 teams are from warm weather states. This year, I would think Oregon State would qualify as that sleeper, although I'm not familiar with the weather out there.

I'm thinking it would be a huge advantage to be able to play ball year around while other teams can't even get outdoors regularly until late March.

I agree to your observation. I definately see playing year round an advantage.

your grasp on the obvious is impressive :doublethumbsup:

It kind of pisses me off because every couple of years Ohio State has a good team that barely misses the CWS. Just wondering if playing year round would give them that extra push.

I don't think it's biased, it's a 64 team tourney. Sure it's an advantage to play year-round, but is that a bias.

What I am sick of is Eric Karros and Harold Reynolds crying like biotches in every game. How many times are they going to mention these great Cali teams that should be here instead of 4 ACC teams. Last time I checked, 3 of the 4 ACC teams won and the only one that didn't was beaten by an ACC team.

Winners:

Clemson

UNC

Miami

Rice

Losers:

GT (to Clemson)

Cal St. Fullerton

Oregon St.

UGA

I think they should nut up and admit they were wrong after ripping the ACC for 4 straight games.

when they ditch the aluminum bats, ill start watching..until then...

no thanks..

when they ditch the aluminum bats, ill start watching..until then...

no thanks..

They ditch the aluminum, they lose even more teams that can compete right now. It's too expensive for these teams to go through 4 or 5 wooden bats a game.

If you watched any of the games in Omaha, you'll see that there hasn't been too many HRs. I believe there was only 1 on day one and two yesterday.