Sign in to follow this  
Monse_HQ

Tiki Barber...

So the top 3 are off the board (LT, SA, LJ). ..

A ton of people consider Barber #4, others think Portis #4. Are Barber fans worried about the goalline presence of Brandon Jacobs? He was used a ton last season (I was a Barber owner), and even though he was denied a few times, he was still getting praised. I think now with a complete year & a complete offseason under his belt, as well as Barber aging (31), he'll be used more extensively at the goalline.

Any thoughts or rumors?

in a redraft PPR league, i would almost definitely go Tiki at 4. He simply is an almost lock to get 50/500 in receiving each year. And even not being the "goalline" back, he still manages to score double-digit TDs (with the exception of the abysmal 4-12 2003 year in NYG).

Portis is attractive because he is younger, and is perceived as the goalline back since there is no other RB that steals those carries, but Tiki has had MORE TDs than Portis each of the years Portis has been in WAS. Plus Tiki easily doubles Portis' receiving yards...

Portis may not lose carries around the goalline to another back, but WAS tends to do a lot of passing inside the 20, which is what makes Cooley so attractive...

I may be wrong but I think this is the year that Tiki slows down... I would go with Portis over barber this year... JMHO

Barber is going to have another good season, and Manning is only going to get better. I can't see Brunell having another season like he did last year.

Tiki is always underrated. In the past two seasons, Tiki's out produced Portis by 1,200 yards and 8 TDs. For those expecting him to drop off should realize that he has very little wear and tear for a back his age, and got better as the season went on last year.

This is a no brainer...It has to be Tiki Barber all the way. Portis is all hype while all Tiki does is produce and get no respect.

i love tiki being a giants fan, but i'd probably take portis over him and then him. in a ppr league, it would be closer, but i don't do ppr leagues so it's a moot point for me at least.

this and rudi vs lamon j are the hardest picks for me in terms of first round rbs. I have really out a lot of thought into this one and I think I would have to go with Tiki becuase the guy just seems to get better with age, doesnt fumble anymore, and is guarantedd at least 1300 yards on the ground and 500 recieving. He may not get 12 tds but I could see 8-10. Portis had 6 2years ago but was really clicking into the redskin offense last year and will be more relied upon than Tiki in that high power NYG offense. I am worried about brandon jacobs but If I take Tiki than I make sure to grab Brandon later on.

this and rudi vs lamon j are the hardest picks for me in terms of first round rbs. I have really out a lot of thought into this one and I think I would have to go with Tiki becuase the guy just seems to get better with age, doesnt fumble anymore, and is guarantedd at least 1300 yards on the ground and 500 recieving. He may not get 12 tds but I could see 8-10. Portis had 6 2years ago but was really clicking into the redskin offense last year and will be more relied upon than Tiki in that high power NYG offense. I am worried about brandon jacobs but If I take Tiki than I make sure to grab Brandon later on.

i am not one to worry about jacobs much. looking at TCoughlin's track record, he's always had a goalline back to go w/ FTaylor, but FTaylor (when healthy for the full season) has always managed to put up 8+ TDs. People always talked about Stacey Mack taking over, over vulturing gl carries way back then, but when Fred wasn't being Fragile, he was putting up very good stats...

Same thing will be there in NYG as long as Tiki is there. Jacobs will get some goalline looks when they are inside the 2, but Tiki is still going to score his...

I may be wrong but I think this is the year that Tiki slows down... I would go with Portis over barber this year... JMHO

Don't people say this every year?

It is still amazing to me that ffballers don't see Tiki as an unquestioned tier 1b Running Back.

Sure, scoring plays a role here and TD-only/TD heavy leagues will lessen the value of Tiki.

But for most league formats, he's practically Marshall Faulk!

Consider what Tiki has done in the past; the NYG's were consistently in the bottom third of offenses in the league yet Tiki still produced.

Now, the NYG's are one of the more prolific offenses in the league (and improving every year) and Tiki is the focal point of that offense.

here's his 4-year average:

315rush, 1495yards, 8.75td

61catch, 541yards, 1.5td

He AVERAGES 2,000 yards and 10TDS!

you're talking about a guy who gets 350 touches in one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Add in the fact that he lead the league in plays of 20+ yards (16) and it's probably OK to label him "explosive" too.

No, I won't take Tiki over the Big 3 (SA, LJ, LT) but ranking him at #4/5 (with Portis) sounds about right to me.

The Tiki VS Clinton debate boils down to two words for me:

AL SAUNDERS

Although, Saunders said recently "We've got to find a way to get (Betts) on the field and not just as a back-up player to Clinton." (Washington Times) Not necessarily bad news for Portis, as the rest could be beneficial over the season, but something to keep in mind.

It is still amazing to me that ffballers don't see Tiki as an unquestioned tier 1b Running Back.

Sure, scoring plays a role here and TD-only/TD heavy leagues will lessen the value of Tiki.

But for most league formats, he's practically Marshall Faulk!

Consider what Tiki has done in the past; the NYG's were consistently in the bottom third of offenses in the league yet Tiki still produced.

Now, the NYG's are one of the more prolific offenses in the league (and improving every year) and Tiki is the focal point of that offense.

here's his 4-year average:

315rush, 1495yards, 8.75td

61catch, 541yards, 1.5td

He AVERAGES 2,000 yards and 10TDS!

you're talking about a guy who gets 350 touches in one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Add in the fact that he lead the league in plays of 20+ yards (16) and it's probably OK to label him "explosive" too.

No, I won't take Tiki over the Big 3 (SA, LJ, LT) but ranking him at #4/5 (with Portis) sounds about right to me.

I love Tiki, but most people don't realize how good he's been. If you have a RB averaging 2000 yds and 10TDs per year, he's a #1 back on any team. :rolleyes:

Tiki is a stud rb and really been hitting his stride the last two years and mostly likely has two more huge years left in him. Amazing how people find a reason not to take him every fantasy season. He's about a sure thing as you can get the guy plays all 16 games a season and puts up huge stats. People will bring up the age thing but at thirity he is improving. I can understand if he looks like he lost a gear but he has never looked better these past two years.

In a PPR league, u have to take Tiki over Portis. In fact, Ive been playing in one for the past six years and I have the 5 pick and would rather take Lamont over Portis. Portis doesnt get too many catches and plays in a tougher division fyi.

PPR league rankings round 1.

1. LJ

2. LT

3. Alexander

4. Tiki

5. Lamont

6. Portis

7. Brown

8. Edge

9. Westbook

10. Steve Smith