Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Round 1 picks Discussion

Elaborate...

I should have taken Young at #2 just to piss Jwood off and make him trade the #3 pick plus to me... :lol:

I thought you were going to take Young for a minute, but then I looked at your roster and you needed Maroney much more than you needed Young.

And YES I would have been pissed if you had taken Young. I probably would have tried to trade down a few spots since all the RBs are interchangeable, IMO.

Obviously, I'm ecstatic about getting Young. All I need to do is swing a trade for Cedric Benson and my Longhorn fantasy team will be complete.

I seriously debated about taking a RB here and hoping Young fell to me at 1.6, but I didn't really think he would.

I probably would have tried to trade down a few spots since all the RBs are interchangeable, IMO.

I offered you that but you blew me off. I even promised you I wouldnt take Young at #3. :banana:

Obviously, I'm ecstatic about getting Young. All I need to do is swing a trade for Cedric Benson and my Longhorn fantasy team will be complete.

I seriously debated about taking a RB here and hoping Young fell to me at 1.6, but I didn't really think he would.

Bwahahahaha

Swing a trade for Benson. I wonder what FOCK has Benson? :banana: You want someone from my lame roster? :(

I really think you would have gotten Young at 1.6 even though this league has it's share of Texas people. I had Young ranked 8th.

I was surprised OB1 made that deal with you.
I really need WR help, and I firmly believe Chambers is about to break the top 5 now that he FINALLY has an NFL caliber QB throwing to him. I certainly could have taken Maroney there and then had 4 young RBs with great upside but still no sure thing for this year. I may regret it down the road, but I am delusional that I have a shot at a title run this year or next, and I think Chambers will help me get there quicker than Maroney would have.

If it helps, Young would have made it past pick #9 if he were still there. HTH. :mad:

I offered you that but you blew me off. I even promised you I wouldnt take Young at #3. :rolleyes:

I apologize for blowing you off. I got your email the other day and was pondering it, but didn't see much I thought we could work out. I just flat out forgot to respond. I'm usually very good about returning emails.

As far as your email you sent me from FFToday where you promised you wouldn't take Young, I just got that about a minute ago when I checked my email at home. I haven't checked it in a few days. Sorry. However, I don't think Vince would have gotten past Brandon (UT Alum) at #5.

Bwahahahaha

Swing a trade for Benson. I wonder what FOCK has Benson? :thumbsdown: You want someone from my lame roster? :lol:

I really think you would have gotten Young at 1.6 even though this league has it's share of Texas people. I had Young ranked 8th.

I might could have (although I doubt he would have made it past Brandon), but to me, all of the remaing RBs after Bush and Maroney are interchangeable. A RB at #6 is as good as a RB at #3, IMO. Plus, it saves me a decision on which one to take.

Plus, it saves me a decision on which one to take.

Translation: I don't know how to evaluate talent outside of UT so i'll let other people make my choices for me.

Slow down, I can't keep up on my draft sheets!

Slow down, I can't keep up on my draft sheets!

I know, I know, i think i missed the last 3 picks. :mad:

I knew that homer Jwood would take that QB and make me choose between the two RBs left. I think that while DeAngelo's situation is not as attractive as some other guys, he has the best talent of the pair and in time that will make him the more productive back.

I knew that homer Jwood would take that QB and make me choose between the two RBs left. I think that while DeAngelo's situation is not as attractive as some other guys, he has the best talent of the pair and in time that will make him the more productive back.

:banana:

I actually like Williams' more than I like Maroney. I was tempted to take him at 1.02 before trading it. I think he has a good chance to be the second best pro RB to come out of this draft over the long haul.

I actually like Williams' more than I like Maroney. I was tempted to take him at 1.02 before trading it. I think he has a good chance to be the second best pro RB to come out of this draft over the long haul.

I thought you were gonna take maroney at #2 if you kept it? Sure talk up the pick for Bernie so he feels better.... :banana:

I thought you were gonna take maroney at #2 if you kept it? Sure talk up the pick for Bernie so he feels better.... :cry:

Actually, I was going to take Maroney because I knew you wanted him and I figured if we couldn't swing a draft day deal i'd have something you wanted for later.

I was leaning towards Williams if picking for myself. :huh:

Addai is an interesting player. Clearly, he has the best situation of any rookie RB, so for immediate dividends he is the top choice. There is a wide disparity in what people think of his overall ability though. One thing i've read which bodes well for him beating out Rhodes is that he played some fullback in college and is an excellent blocker. No way the Colts put a rookie RB out there who can't help protect Manning from the blitz. Apparently that isn't an issue.

Also, any chance we can get through like, you know, more than 2 picks today? :D

Like homerwood for instance. If you knew that you were taking whatever RB was left, why not predraft?

Like homerwood for instance. If you knew that you were taking whatever RB was left, why not predraft?

Because I wasn't sure if I was going to try to trade down depending on who you picked. If you had picked Leinart, then someone might have wanted to trade up to get Addai.

ACtaully i think Addaii wins the job and is a top rookie this year, everything i have read about colt camp, he has inpressed the coaches with his speed and blocking ability....Very nice pick..

Because I wasn't sure if I was going to try to trade down depending on who you picked. If you had picked Leinart, then someone might have wanted to trade up to get Addai.

Ok, my bad. :thumbsup:

Ok, my bad. :thumbsup:

damn right it's your bad!! :cry: :banana:

ACtaully i think Addaii wins the job and is a top rookie this year, everything i have read about colt camp, he has inpressed the coaches with his speed and blocking ability....Very nice pick..

He looks good in camp, in shorts, and against the Colts defense. That is a ringing endorsement.

I tried my best to get the 1.05 pick to pick him. I acree that he will potentially be the best rookie RB this year.

Yeah, this is a blast. 5 picks in 3 days! Woo-hoo!!!!!

LenDale White.

Debated between him and Leinart. I didn't reallly need Leinart, but he is a good value here. Would probably end up trading somewhere down the line.

However, I looked at my roster and decided I needed a RB much more than I needed another QB. Plus, I figured having the 2 top scorers in the National Championship game constitutes a pretty good draft.

I figured having the 2 top scorers in the National Championship game constitutes a pretty good draft.

This is a quality drafting strategy.

LenDale White.

Plus, I figured having the 2 top scorers in the National Championship game constitutes a pretty good draft.

Fock, I forgot about the rule saying we get points for their last college game. ;)

Actually, I almost went with White. I think Addai will be better that first couple of years, but long term White may be better. :thumbsup:

WOW, cutler before Leinart...

Kinda surpising, to me but who knows how they will pan out, time will tell. :thumbsup:

And i was hoping Cutler might fall to 1.11

This is a quality drafting strategy.

Just as good as any other since none have played a down in the NFL yet.

Also, this is the second time i'v seen Cutler go ahead of Leinart in Dynasty drafts. Cutler certainly has the stronger arm, but I think Leinart will be a better QB longterm, and man oh man what weapons he'll have around him in Ari for years to come.

Also, this is the second time i'v seen Cutler go ahead of Leinart in Dynasty drafts. Cutler certainly has the stronger arm, but I think Leinart will be a better QB longterm, and man oh man what weapons he'll have around him in Ari for years to come.

I like Leinart too because of his weapons, but I think people are concerned about his ability to stay upright behind that woeful offensive line.

I was hoping for Leinert or Cutler at 1.09.

I ended up going with Jerius Norwood at pick 9 because my WR corps is solid.

The selling point was how the Atlanta camp is raving abuot his blitz pickup and intangibles. Sound like he is missing the classic resons NOT to play as a rookie.

WOW, cutler before Leinart...

Kinda surpising, to me but who knows how they will pan out, time will tell. :ninja:

And i was hoping Cutler might fall to 1.11

I think Leinart is the safer pick. but I think Cutler has the higher upside. If Shanahan could turn the Snake into a good qb, surely he can do something with a guy that actually does have talent. :lol:

Well I had to bypass my most pressing need as I seem to do every year in the first round. Couldn't pass up Leinart at 1.08. Usually a guy with his credentials ends up on a team with suspect talent. He comes in surrounded by all pros at the skill positions. Hopefully the o-line will keep him upright.

Seems like you guys don't like Addai. I watched him for 4 years at LSU. I have to admit the guy doesn't look impressive. He runs high and doesn't look fast. I couldn't believe how fast he ran for the scouts.

He was a great college player. I have no idea what kind of pro he will be. All he did at LSU was get he job done. He is a good blocker and receiver and has the desire. I hope he has enough talent to do very well in the NFL. Apparently the Colts think he does.

My top 8 rankings were:

1 Bush

2 Addai

3 Maroney

4 Williams

5 Leinart

6 White

7 Cutler

8 Young (sorry Jwood)

I'm claiming homer on Addai being ranked 2nd in your list. Being a Texas guy, I watch more Big 12 football than other conferences. Consequently, I had Bush then Young and then no clue on the gaggle of 6 next.

I got to go to the Peach Bowl this year and Addai was without question the best player on the field. That confused me, because as far as I remember he never entered any heisman or Doak Walker conversation any year in college. If he is really as good as he was that day, he should have been consistenly in those conversations.