Sign in to follow this  
texasmouth

Bounce back players of the year

Here are mine:

1. Derrick Mason- Boller= the suck. McNair breathes new life into Mason's career. The Ravens have a nice offense in place that just needed a solid QB, McNair is that QB. With Bradley and Heap lined up, defenses cant double Mason. With Jamal and Mike Anderson, defenses cant send an extra guy to help with Mason. Mason will be back into the 80-90 reception range this season.

2. Muhsin Muhammid- There will be a healthy QB in Chicago this season, whether it is Grossman or Griese. Muhammy looked like a bust last season but the likes of Chad Hutchinson and Kyle Orton did nothing for his stats. He will be back this season and could possible post double digit TD.

3. Brian Westbrook- Westy was still posting some nice numbers until he got hurt so his season ending totals aren't as bad as some others, but they still werent as good as they could have been. This year he will return to his position as McNabb's go to guy/safety valve. Westy will be in line for another 50-60 reception season and could post 1500 yards combined.

4. Culpepper- Last season was horrid for C-Pepp. He took the whole team on his shoulders and tried to show the world he could live without Randy Moss. Well, that didnt work out too well. A horrific injury and a jettison from Minnesota have humbled the guy a little but now he will be playing with a different kind of chip on his shoulder. Culpepper once again has weapons, Chambers, Booker and McMicheal will shine and Culpepper will finish the season back in the top three of fantasy QB.

5. Jon Kitna- Kitna was relegated to clip board duty while Palmer became one of the fantasy elite but this season, he will get another shot to prove his worth. Mike Martz has made better QB from worse players. Kitna has the talent and Martz has the know how, put the two together and there could be something special in Detroit, after all, they have the most expensive, highest drafted starting three receivers in the NFL!

6. Randy Moss- fantasy football's most consistent stud was far from his normal self last season. This season, things will be different. Aaron Brooks had to feel like he was slapped in the face in New Orleans and he will be looking to prove his critics wrong, enter Randy Moss. Moss is arguably the greatest fantasy football receiver in history and he will be back to torching CB this season. 90 receptions, 1500 yards and double digit TD are a real possibility for the black and silver star this season. *Keep an eye on receiving mate Porter as well.

OK, your turn.........

Joe Horn...he has a history of toughness and #s, and despite being hurt all last year, I think that was a fluke, and he'll bounce back and deliver this year with Brees at Q.

Ike Bruce....similar to Horn, has always delivered decent stats, but was hobbled last year. He's got support at the other WR with Curtis in the mix, but he'll still bounce back and have a solid season.

Michael Clayton....he'll be a big part of that Tampa O this year, so if he can avoid further injury, he'll be good with Chris Simms developing nicely.

Mush Muhammad....anything he does this year will be a major improvement over last year. With Griese and Grossman healthy this year.......HUGE IF....he should have an NFL caliber Q throwing him balls.

Terrell Owens....his situation need not be reviewed, but expect a bounce back season.

Kellen Winslow, Jr.....has absolutely NO history of doing anything, but Im flat out pulling for the hard luck kid, so this is a hopeful, sentimental choice.

Fred Taylor.....I just have a feeling he'll step up and fill a leadership void left by Jimmy Smith. Health will be a major concern, but the Jags are solid up front and can move the ball with 2 decent QBs on staff.

Cedric Benson......he'll get his chance this year with the Bears, and I think he'll run with it in a BIG way. Great line and great committment to the run with improved QB play will help. Doesnt have much of a history of injury looking back thru his career, so Im writing the knee sprain off as a flukey. NOT holding out this year and working out all offseason wont hurt either.

Warrick Dunn......DONT throw tomatoes...I only expect he'll have a few MORE TDs.....maybe 8 or 9.......same with......

Reuben Droughns.

Jamal Lewis.... I tried to warn guys last year not to lean on Jamal. He was in jail basically ALL offseason last year, and it showed......this year, he'll be in shape and with a new QB, he'll return to form.

Lee Suggs....I only expect this year he'll stay a bit healthier and actually contribute.

Willis McGahee......had a horrendous 2nd half and scored FIVE TDs all year.....that will change this year. The Buffalo D will be much improved, and will help Willis in the area of few more short fields.

Buffalo's D/ST.....can only go up

New England's D/ST.....rash of injuries and absence of Ted hurt.

Rex Grossman.....he's a nice kid, and good luck must shine on him sooner or later. Worth a late round flier.

Marc Bulger......he missed half of last season. he'll stay healthy this year and his #s will reflect that.

Jon Kitna.......I like the guy and think he's a winner, but he needs consistent help from his wideouts....if he gets it, he'll bounce back. Big IF there in Detroit. And not really a typical 'bounce back' considering he was with another team last year and not starting.

Aaron Brooks.....expect a nice 1st half, but if there arent many wins after 8 and the Raiders are something like 2-6 like I expect, then he'll get the hook. The D in Oakland wont help Brooks' chances......but again, I like him as 1st half fantasy QB.

Randy Moss- fantasy football's most consistent stud was far from his normal self last season. This season, things will be different. Aaron Brooks had to feel like he was slapped in the face in New Orleans and he will be looking to prove his critics wrong, enter Randy Moss. Moss is arguably the greatest fantasy football receiver in history and he will be back to torching CB this season. 90 receptions, 1500 yards and double digit TD are a real possibility for the black and silver star this season. *Keep an eye on receiving mate Porter as well.

Willis McGahee......had a horrendous 2nd half and scored FIVE TDs all year.....that will change this year. The Buffalo D will be much improved, and will help Willis in the area of few more short fields.

Jamal Lewis.... I tried to warn guys last year not to lean on Jamal. He was in jail basically ALL offseason last year, and it showed......this year, he'll be in shape and with a new QB, he'll return to form.

I agree with these assessments

I like the list but Mohammed has no one decent as a two opposite him. How is he going to score 10 TD's double covered? I don't see it. He will improve but don't expect much TD wise.

I like the list but Mohammed has no one decent as a two opposite him. How is he going to score 10 TD's double covered? I don't see it. He will improve but don't expect much TD wise.

I tend to agree, but feel Bradley and Berrian will do much better this season, do mainly to improved Qb play. I really don't know if their lack of output was due to their shortcomings as much as it was due to the Qb play.

Got to conisider the Jones boys. Both Julius and Kevin could end up with top 10 numbers, or they could suck again.

Risk/Reward picks.

Here are mine:

1. Derrick Mason- Boller= the suck. McNair breathes new life into Mason's career. The Ravens have a nice offense in place that just needed a solid QB, McNair is that QB. With Bradley and Heap lined up, defenses cant double Mason. With Jamal and Mike Anderson, defenses cant send an extra guy to help with Mason. Mason will be back into the 80-90 reception range this season.

2. Muhsin Muhammid- There will be a healthy QB in Chicago this season, whether it is Grossman or Griese. Muhammy looked like a bust last season but the likes of Chad Hutchinson and Kyle Orton did nothing for his stats. He will be back this season and could possible post double digit TD.

3. Brian Westbrook- Westy was still posting some nice numbers until he got hurt so his season ending totals aren't as bad as some others, but they still werent as good as they could have been. This year he will return to his position as McNabb's go to guy/safety valve. Westy will be in line for another 50-60 reception season and could post 1500 yards combined.

4. Culpepper- Last season was horrid for C-Pepp. He took the whole team on his shoulders and tried to show the world he could live without Randy Moss. Well, that didnt work out too well. A horrific injury and a jettison from Minnesota have humbled the guy a little but now he will be playing with a different kind of chip on his shoulder. Culpepper once again has weapons, Chambers, Booker and McMicheal will shine and Culpepper will finish the season back in the top three of fantasy QB.

5. Jon Kitna- Kitna was relegated to clip board duty while Palmer became one of the fantasy elite but this season, he will get another shot to prove his worth. Mike Martz has made better QB from worse players. Kitna has the talent and Martz has the know how, put the two together and there could be something special in Detroit, after all, they have the most expensive, highest drafted starting three receivers in the NFL!

6. Randy Moss- fantasy football's most consistent stud was far from his normal self last season. This season, things will be different. Aaron Brooks had to feel like he was slapped in the face in New Orleans and he will be looking to prove his critics wrong, enter Randy Moss. Moss is arguably the greatest fantasy football receiver in history and he will be back to torching CB this season. 90 receptions, 1500 yards and double digit TD are a real possibility for the black and silver star this season. *Keep an eye on receiving mate Porter as well.

OK, your turn.........

You forgot Favre ... her was playing great until the injury bug nailed that team. Even though he's old, he's still very accurate. If he can stay within the system instead of cowboy-ing around like he's in the Arena League, he'll do very well.

Terrel Owens - Parcels is going to use a 3 TE set which will make defending this team nearly impossible. I mean, do you put in extra LB's to nail the TE's at the line? T.O. will kill them. If the defense tries multiple corners, the TE are going to run them over.

Here are mine:

OK, your turn.........

Good list. I have most of these guys on my wish list. I would include Jamal Lewis, whom I would expect to rebound in a big way this season.

I feel corey dillon has one more solid year left in him before maroney takes over. Getting any news out of new england is near impossible, but the nfl network has reported that corey dillon has hired a trainor for the first time for this offseason. When dillon is healthy he is a beast, if he is available round 3 could be the steal of the draft.

You forgot Favre ... her was playing great until the injury bug nailed that team. Even though he's old, he's still very accurate. If he can stay within the system instead of cowboy-ing around like he's in the Arena League, he'll do very well.

Terrel Owens - Parcels is going to use a 3 TE set which will make defending this team nearly impossible. I mean, do you put in extra LB's to nail the TE's at the line? T.O. will kill them. If the defense tries multiple corners, the TE are going to run them over.

The Cowboys arent using a 3TE set, they are using a two TE set.

And TO was still awesome when he played last year. He wasnt hurt, he got kicked off the team. I dont think that really counts.