Sign in to follow this  
burdsheet

anyone got good stories of collusion?

i've seen some very shady deals and was wondering if anyone had some good stories about shady trades that a normal person wouldn't have the b@lls to try.

I've got one! :thumbsup:

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes marriage. She's trying to boost her career by being with an elite star, he's trying stay in the closet as long as he can.

not sure if this was collusion, but it pissed me off bad. I was in 5th place in a twelve team league and the top 4 make the playoffs. I had a slow start, but was coming on strong with p. manning, lj, fitzgerald, as my studs, the guy in 2nd place was playing the guy in 4th. The guy in 4th was hurting due to injuries, and had no chance of beating the guy in 2nd. To keep me out of the playoffs the guy in 2nd sat his qb and two rb's and put in stiffs at wr. Needless to say the guy in 4th won and i was out of the playoffs. Some guys stated it is the owners right to play whoever he likes, but most agreed he was a ######. The board felt punch, face, wife, children was appropriate

10 years ago....

Guy is entering the playoffs trades his first round pick the next year for Arizona's defense and wins the championship.

When trading opens up the following year, the guy who won the championship then trades that defense back to the original owner for the teams own first round pick.

The jist is that team A more or less "rented" Arizona's defense to win the championship at a cost of 8 picks.....

not sure if this was collusion, but it pissed me off bad. I was in 5th place in a twelve team league and the top 4 make the playoffs. I had a slow start, but was coming on strong with p. manning, lj, fitzgerald, as my studs, the guy in 2nd place was playing the guy in 4th. The guy in 4th was hurting due to injuries, and had no chance of beating the guy in 2nd. To keep me out of the playoffs the guy in 2nd sat his qb and two rb's and put in stiffs at wr. Needless to say the guy in 4th won and i was out of the playoffs. Some guys stated it is the owners right to play whoever he likes, but most agreed he was a ######. The board felt punch, face, wife, children was appropriate

Dude, that's real $hitty ... the guy has the right to play who he wants but if he's intentionally putting in players so that the other team wins, then that's got to be collusion because they're both operating in a way to make the same person win. I wouldn't play in a league like that.

10 years ago....

Guy is entering the playoffs trades his first round pick the next year for Arizona's defense and wins the championship.

When trading opens up the following year, the guy who won the championship then trades that defense back to the original owner for the teams own first round pick.

The jist is that team A more or less "rented" Arizona's defense to win the championship at a cost of 8 picks.....

How did you guys let them get away with that? that's ridiculous!! I don't like the whole trading for future picks stuff ... it's too easy to cheat as it is.

How did you guys let them get away with that? that's ridiculous!! I don't like the whole trading for future picks stuff ... it's too easy to cheat as it is.

The trade was negated by the commish, it was pretty clear.

The two individuals involved were pretty put off by it, as there was no true "rule"-if you will- that would prohibit such a transaction (there is now BTW).

In the end the commish asserted the leagues rule whereby he can deny any trade. He could have simply denied it outright, as he has that power. But only did so after a vote from all owners not involved in the trade denied said trade.

Both owners quit the league over this. it was a shame because they really were great Fantasy "owners" in that they knew their stuff, and maintained quality teams. But, in the broader sense losing that kind of underhandedness is more important to league integrity.

I've got one! :first:

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes marriage. She's trying to boost her career by being with an elite star, he's trying stay in the closet as long as he can.

:first: Great post.