League Rules help

So, I commish a 14 team league and here is what you have to start:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

My question is what is an acceptable amount of roster spots? Last year we had 15 and people complained that it really drained the free agent pool. I was thinking 13 or 14....anyone else have any other ideas?

umm i think the reason the free agent pool is small isnt becaus eof the amoutn of roster spots, but rather the amount of teams in the league...

So, I commish a 14 team league and here is what you have to start:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

My question is what is an acceptable amount of roster spots? Last year we had 15 and people complained that it really drained the free agent pool. I was thinking 13 or 14....anyone else have any other ideas?

I run a fourteen team league.

Here is our roster...first number is what we start, second number is how many we own.

1/3 QB

2/5 RB

3/6 WR

1/2 TE

1/2 K

1/2 D/ST

20 man roster. I'm glad the free agent pool is smaller because it makes you draft smarter and creates more trades, which makes the league more fun. I think the more active your owners are the more fun the league is.

I commish a 14 team league and the roster spots are as follows:

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

2 WR/RB (Flex)

1 TE

1 K

1 Def

5 Bench

14 total spots...FA pool will still be somewhat thin but there will be value there and it won't be hard to find if you are a savvy owner.

The 2 flex spots add a lot of strategy to the draft as teams are not forced to go RB heavy if they don't choose to do so because only 1 starting RB is required. So, we have guys that load up on WR's and start 4 and guys that load up on RB's and start 3 or a mix of the 2 strategies.

I believe you should draft at least 16 rounds and up to 20. The people who ###### about no free agents are the people who suck at drafting...its there scapegoat to a somewhat decent team. Trading is how most acquistions should be done, not by picking up a free agent who "came out of nowhere".

The bottom line: Draft more players and your life as commish will be easier than trying to regulate a bunch of free agent pick-ups. Also if you are any good at FF then you will have an upper hand for doing your homework before the draft

i run a 12 team league and what i figured is to have 1 backup for each starting spot. we start 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1k & 1d/st, so youre allowed a total of 16 players on the roster.

the free agent pool SHOULD be thin. its no fun if guys who are too dumb to draft good players can just go out and pick them up.

every owner needs to be able to have a MINIMUM of this on their roster:

2 QB

4 RB

5 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

thats 14 roster spots. anything less than that is ridiculous. and holding to only that is going to be pretty rough, because if you ever have an injury at QB or TE, or need a bye-week TE, K, or D... youre going to have to drop someone pretty valuable at RB or WR.

id say you do at least 14, and i would probably do 16.

Overall I agree....those who need the waiver wire to succeed dont deserve too...

I hate playing in welfare leagues.....

umm i think the reason the free agent pool is small isnt becaus eof the amoutn of roster spots, but rather the amount of teams in the league...

:clap: