Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Draft Time - Should be finalized this weekend

I've had a strong and reasonable objection to the 6th. I am now targeting the 31st or 1st, that's a Thursday or Friday. Let me know if YOU have a conflict on either date. It will help us narrow this down. Also let me know if both are fine. Thanks for playing along with my annual attempt to juggle 12 schedules.

I have deleted most of the conversation that didn't apply to the current situation to make the thread easier to follow.

So...

Let's hear it.

Did we decide something here :first:

No, we still have a few owners who haven't let me know how the live date works or if the slow roll is okay.

Willing to slow draft with no clock:

Zap

Diesel

RLLD

Pretender

Tex

BYD

Waveman

ExtremeFajita

football scooter

PIK

That's 10 of us

What say you?

DocJ?

Doyle?

I am not in favor of starting after 9PM ET if we are doing the entire draft live in one sitting. If we are going to slow roll for awhile before or split it up into 2-3 nights then that's fine. But I don't want to be up until 1-2 AM drafting.

Understood and agreed. I also do not want another four hour session. It's going to take a very strong and reasonable objection to stop us from going slow for a week or two before finishing up live close to the opener.

I would prefer the 31st but would be ok with the 1st. Also starting too late at night gets hard to draft for 4 hours.

Thanks ExFaj.

PIK says either night is fine.

Pretender prefers Thursday.

It is my/our intention to knock out several rounds slow rolling prior to going live. Hopefully, we cut this baby in half and only have about a two hour live draft. I have two owners who need to start a little later than 6pdt, and a couple owners who want to get going sooner. Everyone but DocJ has confirmed willingness to slow draft for part of this. The slow draft headstart should alleviate our "time" concerns. Scooter needs to get home from work afterall. Some of you don't want to stay up to the wee morn hours. Slow drafting is key to this issue.

Getting all confirmed for the 31st or 1st is priority.

Thanks Tex

Waveman prefers Thursday like Pretender, but Friday will also work

Diesel prefers Friday, but Thursday will also work.

So far in for either date:

Me

Diesel

Waveman

Pretender

Tex

PIK

ExFajita

Scooter

No word yet:

DocJ

RLLD

BoneYardDog

Doyle

Over halfway there the first day the change was made. This is encouraging.

:fingerscrossed:

man, I've made 50 decisions and I ain't even made a pick yet?

:bench:

I am good with the 31st or the 1st. I have a draft on the 2nd and 3rd, so that's going to be one intense weekend. This will be good practice for my IDP league that drafts on the 3rd.

:banana:

Oh...oh yeah, and I'll be mopping the floor with this sorry bunch in the process. You are all speedbumps on my road to league domination.

Signed,

Championship Game loser, 2005

:banana:

man, I've made 50 decisions and I ain't even made a pick yet?

:P

I am good with the 31st or the 1st. I have a draft on the 2nd and 3rd, so that's going to be one intense weekend. This will be good practice for my IDP league that drafts on the 3rd.

:dunno:

Oh...oh yeah, and I'll be mopping the floor with this sorry bunch in the process. You are all speedbumps on my road to league domination.

Signed,

Championship Game loser, 2005

:(

I'm afraid this speed bump will render a couple of flat tires on your way. <_<

If you are talking a live draft the 31st and 1st are right in the middle of a 10 day stretch for me...

I get off work at 2pm CST so pretty much a late afternoon or early evening would work for me as long as it does not drag on too late. ( I have to get up at 4:30am CST for work and could draft until 11pm CST at the latest)...

I thought I read in an earlier post that they work until 6pm Cali time which is like 9pm my time, if that is the case then I see a problem...

That is why I hate live drafts unless it is a local league where everyone lives in the same area...

How long do these live drafts usually last and how long between picks???

If you are talking a live draft the 31st and 1st are right in the middle of a 10 day stretch for me...

I get off work at 2pm CST so pretty much a late afternoon or early evening would work for me as long as it does not drag on too late. ( I have to get up at 4:30am CST for work and could draft until 11pm CST at the latest)...

I thought I read in an earlier post that they work until 6pm Cali time which is like 9pm my time, if that is the case then I see a problem...

That is why I hate live drafts unless it is a local league where everyone lives in the same area...

How long do these live drafts usually last and how long between picks???

The clock will be set to two minutes during the live portion of the draft.

I cannot estimate the duration of the live draft until I see the success of the slow portion. If we can knock out 12 rounds slowly, then live will take a couple hours. If we're still staring at 20 rounds, it's gonna take awhile.

You say this is the middle of a ten day stretch, but I don't recall the issue when we were talking 5th or 6th?

What day nearest the draft not the 4th - 6th works best for a little later evening? Any? Does 'stretch' mean no days off?

We can work this out.

The clock will be set to two minutes during the live portion of the draft.

I cannot estimate the duration of the live draft until I see the success of the slow portion. If we can knock out 12 rounds slowly, then live will take a couple hours. If we're still staring at 20 rounds, it's gonna take awhile.

You say this is the middle of a ten day stretch, but I don't recall the issue when we were talking 5th or 6th?

What day nearest the draft not the 4th - 6th works best for a little later evening? Any? Does 'stretch' mean no days off?

We can work this out.

My schedule is work from August 28th through Sept 6th... I so hate shift work...

The other bad part is that the current schedule only goes through Sept 1st... I am not sure what shift I am working on Sept 2nd... I am working 1st shift July and August so am assuming that I will be shipped to 2nd shift starting Sept 3rd, but that is just a reasonable guess... We cover 24/7 365 days a year with only 6 people so it gets tricky changing days off once the schedule is put out because it always screws someone else over...

I was not sure that we were going to start with the slow draft, I would think there would be a good part of the draft over by the end of August if we slow draft until then...

Like I told you initially I will do what I can to be available to draft, but my options are somewhat limited...

If all else I might be able to get a league mate in one of my Z Leagues to draft for me, for whatever live part of the draft is left...

If all else I might be able to get a league mate in one of my Z Leagues to draft for me, for whatever live part of the draft is left...

I think this will work out. The draftroom will be open for a couple weeks, and it has a predraft tool. If you VBD, you can find some time during the slow version to set the predraft pretty accurately. So, we'll have time to take a look at that soon enough.

I'm not going to call this strong enough to seek another date. Fair enough? You do have a couple hours available that night. The work schedule will have you just groggy enough for us to take advantage of you. Proxies work.

I have also worked (ETHICALLY) with lists more than once in this league. There's never been a complaint (ok, PIK complained about Teyo Johnson a couple years ago in the 25th round... so, I gave him to him... lol). 95% have got exactly who they wanted. The last five rounds are usually like that. You could check out early and just send me a list.

I'm kinda looking forward to getting the draftroom open, that's for sure.

I think this will work out. The draftroom will be open for a couple weeks, and it has a predraft tool. If you VBD, you can find some time during the slow version to set the predraft pretty accurately. So, we'll have time to take a look at that soon enough.

I'm not going to call this strong enough to seek another date. Fair enough? You do have a couple hours available that night. The work schedule will have you just groggy enough for us to take advantage of you. Proxies work.

I have also worked (ETHICALLY) with lists more than once in this league. There's never been a complaint (ok, PIK complained about Teyo Johnson a couple years ago in the 25th round... so, I gave him to him... lol). 95% have got exactly who they wanted. The last five rounds are usually like that. You could check out early and just send me a list.

I'm kinda looking forward to getting the draftroom open, that's for sure.

I drafted Teyo Johnson, he was one of my sleepers...

Wait until this draft... :banana:

Updated

Good to go either Thursday 8-31 or Friday 9-1

Me

Diesel

Waveman

Pretender

Tex

PIK

ExFajita

Scooter

RLLD

BoneYardDog (with time concerns)

No word yet:

DocJ

Doyle

by the way....even with 2 min picks, most people have their guy lined up ahead of time. Takes about 5 seconds for most picks.

Draft can take up to 4 hours with 25 rounds.

Knock out a few rounds with slow draft and maybe we shave an hour off.

No word yet:

DocJ

he was arguing with someone on the mange forearm recently... :blink:

he was arguing with someone on the mange forearm recently... :blink:

He responds to emails by checking in at the league site. I doubt he's going to have a big problem with what seems to be working out best, but he may have a similar work problem as you.

DOYLE is the worry.

Since my email to everyone the other day didnt count as "participation" in this discussion I guess I'll repeat myself again...For the draft, anytime and anyplace is fine with me. :doublethumbsup:

Another thing, what was I arguing about on the mange? I must have been high or drunk or both because I dont remember arguing or even talking about anything on there for sometime now. Just curious.

Peace

Since my email to everyone the other day didnt count as "participation" in this discussion I guess I'll repeat myself again...For the draft, anytime and anyplace is fine with me. :shocking:

Another thing, what was I arguing about on the mange? I must have been high or drunk or both because I dont remember arguing or even talking about anything on there for sometime now. Just curious.

Peace

Thanks for stopping by. I don't recall the email, but when the date changes I like to get yay or nay from everyone.

All but Doyle have approved the following plan.

Slow drafting without a clock commencing at a time to be decided by yours truly sometime in mid August (maybe earlier, but there will be ample warning and communication).

Finishing up live on Thursday or Friday, the 31st or 1st.

Peace

it was you & someone going back and forth, round & round...I think it was Swamp Puppy getting smacked around again. You two really have some chemistry. :clap:

Oh, and are you looking forward to seeing me in the playofs again?

:angry:

So are we all present and accounted for? Anymore on possible draft date yet? I may have miscounted but I thought I only saw 11 teams set up on AOL? Call me blind if I'm wrong.

So are we all present and accounted for? Anymore on possible draft date yet? I may have miscounted but I thought I only saw 11 teams set up on AOL? Call me blind if I'm wrong.

Hey there blind girl. :huh: I count 12. :blink:

Hey there blind girl. :huh: I count 12. :lol:

Well seeing as I'm blind do I get some sort of handicap +125 pts during the playoff. You know like getting strokes in golf :P Probably not. :lol:

Well seeing as I'm blind do I get some sort of handicap +125 pts during the playoff. You know like getting strokes in golf :huh: Probably not. :lol:

I'm sure you can find someone here who will give you a couple of strokes. :lol:

:D

Also, I am just waiting for ONE more reply from Doyle in email to set things in stone.

When you do decide the final draft date, just please email it to me, I feel like I am in an episode of the View here.... :thumbsup:

It is Monday, when do we draft, yo...

It was pinned before you posted, emailed and up at AOL too. Yo... :cheers:

Just wondering. I think you are a Packer fan if I'm not mistaken and the GBG stands for Green Bay Girl.

Just wondering. I think you are a Packer fan if I'm not mistaken and the GBG stands for Green Bay Girl.

The big problem with female Packer fans is they breed. :blink:

I figured GBG stood for that but it isn't me. Yes I am a Green Bay fan and yes we do breed Zap and yes we make sure our babies grow up to be Packer fans too :thumbsdown:

I figured GBG stood for that but it isn't me. Yes I am a Green Bay fan and yes we do breed Zap and yes we make sure our babies grow up to be Packer fans too :banana:

You need to go check out the Wisconsin thread on the Geek bored ;) :banana: