Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

Life Insurance

I fasted for 12 hours or basically what they instructed me to do. Sorry GB, I just think it is a bit of a scam and I will shop around and try the oatmeal trick. Maybe a little weight wouldn't hurt too and I definitely need to do some cardio. Seriously, I doubt I had high total cholesterol. The LDL is what I am concerned about.

FWIW, my family history and predisposition to high "bad" cholesterol (LDL), and low "good" cholesterol (HDL) prompted a bunch of changes before I got life ins (also wanted the "preferred plus" rate). Regular exercise alone boosted the LDLs by 20-30 points, which will really help your ratio. Also, for me, triglycerides were brought under control using OTC fish oil pills (1x/day).

I have a few policies:

- Work provides one for 2x my yearly salary (no charge)

- $60k whole life that my mother gave me 20+ years ago when she worked for an insurance company (I think it is $190/year, and has a cash value)

- $750k term that I have no idea what I pay a year for :(

My company also provides 2 times salary in case of death.. but that won't even pay the cell phone bill.

FWIW, my family history and predisposition to high "bad" cholesterol (LDL), and low "good" cholesterol (HDL) prompted a bunch of changes before I got life ins (also wanted the "preferred plus" rate). Regular exercise alone boosted the LDLs by 20-30 points, which will really help your ratio. Also, for me, triglycerides were brought under control using OTC fish oil pills (1x/day).

if exercise boosts your ldl you're focked