Sign in to follow this  
seattle_pt1

Opinions on scoring

In the past, my league has used bonuses for yardage, for example:

5 extra points for over 100 yds of rushing or rec.

5 extra points for over 300 yds passing

and then 1 point bonus for every 10 yards past 30 yd FG.

Now, the owners in my league are not so crazy about the yardage bonuses. Does anyone have an opinion about it?

Now, the owners in my league are not so crazy about the yardage bonuses. Does anyone have an opinion about it?

IMO I think its stupid.... I mean 1 yard can seperate 5 points... which is pretty much the value equal to scoring a TD... just don't like it..... A guys going to run 23 times for 99 yards while another runs for 26 times for 100 yards and he gets 5 extra points for that... Blah :doublethumbsup:

IMO I think its stupid.... I mean 1 yard can seperate 5 points... which is pretty much the value equal to scoring a TD... just don't like it..... A guys going to run 23 times for 99 yards while another runs for 26 times for 100 yards and he gets 5 extra points for that... Blah :doublethumbsup:

Couldn't have said it better myself. :banana:

I like bonus scoring. I think it adds another dimension to how you have to plan your draft. It helps some RB's who may not neccessarily get the TD's to go with their yards and definitely rewards a select few QB's who are more prone to throw for over 300 yards. This changes player values here and there and those who figure it out in your league stand to benefit over those who don't. The more factors to consider the better I like it.

I wouldn't make it a 5 pt bonus but more like a 2. We play with 2 at 100 yards rushing or 100 yards receiving or 300 yards for QB. We have always had a bonus and I like it a lot. Cause you know during the draft certain RBs always seem to get that 100 yard game or WR, etc. And it adds something more to watch for.

I also recommend decimal scoring for every league. It makes a huge difference in your point totals.

in my league i do 1pt bonus @ 100 yds, 2 pts @ 150, 3 pts @ 200 for rbs, 1 pt at 100, 150, & 200 for wrs, and 1 pt bonus @ 300, 350, & 400 for qbs.

I'm doing yardage bonuses in my main league this year for the first time. We're doing 3 points for the 100 yard rushing or receiving and 300 yard passing for QB. I don't know how I feel about it yet. The only bad thing I can think is that it kind've devalues some of the receiving threat RBs, like Westbrook or D. Davis whose stats often look like 75 yards rushing 45 yards receiving.

My league likes the bonus scoring that's in place ..

RB's 2 points for going over 100, 5 points for going over 200

WRs 3 points for going over 100, 5 points for going over 200 (it's rare but nice to get some extra points when it does happen)

QBs 3 points for going over 300, 5 points for going over 400.

THey like it because it helps to reward a player's outstanding performance when he doesn't score TD's. Last game of last season in my other league, i forgot how many points i got but it wasn't a lot when Tiki went over 200 yards because there was no bonus and i don't think he scored a TD. I think I got like 10 or 12 points for a 200 yard performance ...

My league likes the bonus scoring that's in place ..

RB's 2 points for going over 100, 5 points for going over 200

WRs 3 points for going over 100, 5 points for going over 200 (it's rare but nice to get some extra points when it does happen)

QBs 3 points for going over 300, 5 points for going over 400.

THey like it because it helps to reward a player's outstanding performance when he doesn't score TD's. Last game of last season in my other league, i forgot how many points i got but it wasn't a lot when Tiki went over 200 yards because there was no bonus and i don't think he scored a TD. I think I got like 10 or 12 points for a 200 yard performance ...

We do something similar. We give 2 points for 100 rush, 100 rec, or 300 passing yards. We give an extra 2 points for 200 rush, 200 rec, or 400 passing yards.

It's a basic question that seperates people... just like when you eat BAR-B-Q... do you eat it plain or put sauce on it? People disagreeing on how to eat a plate of brisket can divide a room.

It's the same thing with bonuses in fantasy football. The "purists" will state that it goes against the nature of the game and tell you that in an actual NFL contest there aren't any bonuses for throwing over 300 yards in a single game or rushing for over 200.

The "progressives" will argue that, even though the QB might not get any "bonus" for throwing over 300 yards as soon as the game is over, when he negotiates his next contract, those 300 yard games definitely become a sticking point and will most likely lead to "performance incentives" in his next contract, therefore, he does get a bonus.

My league uses bonuses and it works out fine.

It's funny.... after the first game, there's always somebody that bitches about how they got screwed in their loss because the other guy has someone on his roster that got 7.5 additional points from bonuses and that they legitimately won the game because without the bonuses, they'd be ahead by 5 points.... But then week 2 rolls around and they end up with 15 bonus points from their QB, RBs and WRs, and they suddenly don't want to talk about how bad bonus points are...

<_<

Curious.......