Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Good News, i pulled the number 1 pick

got the number 1 pick in my league... it is a point per reception league. i have a few possibilities

1. Draft LJ (hoever i am worried with the addition of Bennett and the loss of Roaf)

2. Draft LT (i think he will catch a good amount of balls with Rivers dumping it off)

3. Trade down to pick 2 and take whoever falls (only moving up one spot in the 2nd round might not be worth it)

any thoughts on the situations of LJ and LT and if trading is a good idea?

I would trade down to #3 and take whichever of the big 3 fall to you. But, I could see prefering LT or LJ over SA in a PPR league. I don't think you can really lose with either of those 3.

How bout going crazy and trading way down in the first? Is that an option? You'll get more bang for your buck in the 2nd.

I would trade down to #3 and take whichever of the big 3 fall to you. But, I could see prefering LT or LJ over SA in a PPR league. I don't think you can really lose with either of those 3.

How bout going crazy and trading way down in the first? Is that an option? You'll get more bang for your buck in the 2nd.

I completely agree. There is great value in that #1. If you package it right, you could end up with two 2nds and two 3rds (plus?). If you are not sold on any of the 3, make the move. If you want to stay, I say LT, but that's just me.

Whoa,

I'm shocked at the people advocating some kind of trade of picks. In a previous thread on this topic people thought it was stupid.

Can people calirfy if they think this is only a good idea for PPR leagues (which I'm in) or for all leagues. And also, are people recommending they only swap picks for the 1st and second rounds and then resume their normal (top) draft pos. for rounds 3 through X?

Can people calirfy if they think this is only a good idea for PPR leagues (which I'm in) or for all leagues. And also, are people recommending they only swap picks for the 1st and second rounds and then resume their normal (top) draft pos. for rounds 3 through X?

If I had the #1 pick, in any league, I would trade down to #3 in round 1, and keep my picks in round 3-X.

Whoa,

I'm shocked at the people advocating some kind of trade of picks. In a previous thread on this topic people thought it was stupid.

No- find a spot that is tradable (say 1.8) - go 1.1, 5.1,6.12 for 1.8, 2.5,3.8 or somthing along that lines. I did this from the 3 (1.3, 4.10, 5.3 for 1.8, 2.5, 8.8) then moved the 1.8 for 2.3 and some other picks. I now have 2.3, 2.5, 2.10, 3.10, 4.3. I may not get the quality I would at 3, but the 2 extra 2nds should yield better production, depth and flexibility in drafting. BTW - mine is PPR, but is a Dynasty.

No- find a spot that is tradable (say 1.8) - go 1.1, 5.1,6.12 for 1.8, 2.5,3.8 or somthing along that lines. I did this from the 3 (1.3, 4.10, 5.3 for 1.8, 2.5, 8.8) then moved the 1.8 for 2.3 and some other picks. I now have 2.3, 2.5, 2.10, 3.10, 4.3. I may not get the quality I would at 3, but the 2 extra 2nds should yield better production, depth and flexibility in drafting. BTW - mine is PPR, but is a Dynasty.

People in my league will not go for uneven trades of draft picks. I could trade 1.1 and 2.12 for 1.8 and 2.5 maybe, but i'd get no other compensation. Still worth it?

I don't think the #3 pick would go for it at all....

People in my league will not go for uneven trades of draft picks. I could trade 1.1 and 2.12 for 1.8 and 2.5 maybe, but i'd get no other compensation. Still worth it?

I don't think the #3 pick would go for it at all....

No - don't trade unless it's on your terms and even. Find a good draft pick trade calculator and show them the match behind these moves. I wouldn't move from the 5 without getting a move down in the first plus a 2nd AND 3rd (would need to add picks on your side). If someone wants it bad enough, they will deal, if not enjoy your pick.

i would prefer either LT or LJ... also, this is only an 8 team league. i have thought about trading down but id really rather have one of thie big 3 and then grab eith 2 stud WR's or a stud and a guy i feel will do well like McGahee in rounds 2 and 3. i just think LT or LJ are too valueable in a PPR.

with that said, is it worth trading to the number 2 spot who has offered to swap picks for the entire draft or should i stay at 1 and make the decision myself?

im only gaining 1 spot in round 2 if i do that

i would prefer either LT or LJ... also, this is only an 8 team league. i have thought about trading down but id really rather have one of thie big 3 and then grab eith 2 stud WR's or a stud and a guy i feel will do well like McGahee in rounds 2 and 3. i just think LT or LJ are too valueable in a PPR.

with that said, is it worth trading to the number 2 spot who has offered to swap picks for the entire draft or should i stay at 1 and make the decision myself?

im only gaining 1 spot in round 2 if i do that

An 8 team league? Jesos Chr1st, do not trade down.You're gonna get great players in the first four rounds, no matter where you draft from.

You should dominate your 12 yr. old son's league :thumbsdown:

once again making comments about 8 team leagues is pretty homosexual but ill let it slide because you might in fact be gay and i dont want to hurt anyones feelings.

i know i am going to get solid players but in 8 team leagues, there is still importance on avoiding those early round busts. you still have to make the bst picks in order to win as every team will be "stacked"

my thinking in trading to 2nd or 3rd is to hope to god that rudi johnson falls to me in rd 2... how? i dunno

LJ, LT, SA, Tiki, Portis, Lamont, Edge, Ronnie, SJax, Caddy, Manning, Smith, Owens and then i could really see this one guy taking Moss..... so maybe trading down that 1 spot would help me if i have no preference over any of the top 3

well, I'm pretty sure that you will get one of the RB's you want if you trade down to #3.

as I have no huge preference among the big 3, here is what I'd do.

1) find out who hes gonna pick if he gets #1. this may affect your decision somewhat, but I'm thinking it wont (however it's always nice to know what's coming)

Trade down to #3 (or #2 depending on your preference and depending on who wants him more)

what you ask for:

exchange 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks.(assuming serpentine draft)

this way youre still getting one of the big 3 and you're moving up 1 or 2 picks in round 2, 4, and 6.

That's what I'd ask for.

and I dont think it's unreasonable.

well, I'm pretty sure that you will get one of the RB's you want if you trade down to #3.

as I have no huge preference among the big 3, here is what I'd do.

1) find out who hes gonna pick if he gets #1. this may affect your decision somewhat, but I'm thinking it wont (however it's always nice to know what's coming)

Trade down to #3 (or #2 depending on your preference and depending on who wants him more)

what you ask for:

exchange 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks.(assuming serpentine draft)

this way youre still getting one of the big 3 and you're moving up 1 or 2 picks in round 2, 4, and 6.

That's what I'd ask for.

and I dont think it's unreasonable.

this is exactly what im going to ask for and it will be to go down to pick 3... i figure if im not going to get my choice of the big 3 i might as well just take whoever is left and improve my draft spot 2 picks in the even numbered rounds....

right now what im trying to do is sell myself on one of the big 3.. if i cant, then i will trade.

need some more help please... will take the time as always to answer many threads on the help board...

id grab LT if this is ppr

Rivers should be forcing it to him and Marty will be forcing it to him on the ground as well

ive dropped LJ to #3 overall, i have always had SA ahead of him but with Roaf/Richardson/Welbourne now it seems like he is going to have to do too much

im not scared of Bennett, insurance and some breathing room is all he is

i wouldnt expect another 100 catch season but id think it would be way up from the past years, not to mention the many many ways LT managed to score last year against a much tougher schedule

yeah... i hear you eso.... i think im going to stay away from SA and the third pick because if i am forced to then take SA i think he has too much working against him (hit his cieling, not playing for contract, no hutch, madden cover) and his bye is week 5... my only real reason for trading down is hoping rudi J falls to me and even if it happens both my RB would be on bye week 5 so i think ill sit at 1 and decide between LJ and LT or trade down to 2 and take whoevers left and improve my spot in rds 2 and 4 lets say

well, I like LT best too, but so many fantasy mags have SA and LJ as the top 2 that there is a decent chance you'd get LT with the third pick anyways.

LJ is only a better pick this year because he's behind what may be the best O-Line in the league. but the KC O-Line is getting old, and they may only have one or two good years left.

Alexander has always been considered an inferior back to LT until this last season when he exploded.

I still think hes awesome, but also, they lost Hutchinson (O-Line) and he opened a lot of holes for Alexander.

LT is your best bet in a keeper league, and you can take that to the bank.

if its not a keeper league, you may give a slight edge to LJ.

well, I like LT best too, but so many fantasy mags have SA and LJ as the top 2 that there is a decent chance you'd get LT with the third pick anyways.

LJ is only a better pick this year because he's behind what may be the best O-Line in the league. but the KC O-Line is getting old, and they may only have one or two good years left.

Alexander has always been considered an inferior back to LT until this last season when he exploded.

I still think hes awesome, but also, they lost Hutchinson (O-Line) and he opened a lot of holes for Alexander.

LT is your best bet in a keeper league, and you can take that to the bank.

if its not a keeper league, you may give a slight edge to LJ.

it is not a keeper league but right now i am giving the edge to LT because i know if i trade down to 2 or 3 the person i trade with will most likely take LT. plus he will get more receptions than LJ and LJ lost Roaf and Tony Richardson at FB. i think richardson will be a bigger loss than ppl think

Since its an eight man laegue and you want out of the first pick that bad why don't you trade down to the 4th or even 5th spot take Tiki or Protis and load up on picks in the middle rounds where it really counts.

Please reply to my post

Since its an eight man laegue and you want out of the first pick that bad why don't you trade down to the 4th or even 5th spot take Tiki or Protis and load up on picks in the middle rounds where it really counts.

Please reply to my post

because i wouldnt really gain picks just position in even rounds but id lose position in the odd rounds.... so it makes little sense for me to trade out of the big 3