Sign in to follow this  
fantasymasterWalker

Rookie RB's

Out of Bush, Williams, Addai, White, Calhoun, Maroney, and Drew. I believe their is a good chance that one of these Rookie RB's makes a big fantasy impact. As we all know the RB position is the easiest transition from college to NFL. All of these guys can be taken late (after the fourth round) in 12 man redraft leagues, so this is an important topic. Personally I think it is almost a coin toss because playing time is not garaunteed for any of these rookies but if any of them get a chance to start they could take off and never look back.

Go ahead and put me down for 1. Bush- Deuce is coming off a bad injury. Bush could get the start at some point in the season, but he will get a lot of playing time no matter what happens to Deuce. He is also by far the most talented. 2. DeAngelo Williams- Second most talent after Bush. He is behind Deshaun Foster who can never stay healthy and he is on a good team that likes to run. Then 3. Addai- Has to compete with Dominick Rhodes and they say he is having trouble learning the offense. 4. Maroney- I like him cause Corey Dillon is injury prone, but if Dillon does manage to stay healthy he won't do you any good 5. White- Tennessee has a crowded backfield with Chris Brown and Travis Henry.

cant argue with any of that Walker, so i'll just add my 2 cents...

Drew - I live in Jax and word out of camp is that he looks solid. it would take a series of injuries for him to see time though.

B Calhoun - This guy is gonna be a FF semi-stud someday. Again, it could just be playing time this year. He's not exactly sitting behind any studs in Draftkiller Jones and Bryson, so i could see him working into some real p-time.

This year I think its a tossup between Bush and Addai(assuming he gets most of the touches). Williams could be huge if Foster get injured as could Maroney in NE if Cdill goes down.

1 - Addai: Maybe I'm spoiled from Edge in '99, but Bill Polian knows what he's doing in Indy.

2 - Bush: Bush will get on the field a LOT this year and get a lot of touches. Not Featured, but a serious homerun threat in several poitions on offense and as a return man. Bonus points if return TDs go to the player, rather than D/ST.

3 - Williams: Foster is great in Carolina, but I don't think he'll last all year. Williams will get his time in the backfield

The others are all a crap shoot.

Yeah, RBs who are 5-8 are never any good....Barry, Priest, Westbrook, etc... ;)

I think he's more Quentin Griffin size 5-6. Size isn't an issue, but I think if you are considering a potential RB1 or RB2(which when you draft fantasy backups that is the goal) you need a guy who could eventually handle at least 300 touches in a season.

I do like Jax D/ST because of Drew

This year I think its a tossup between Bush and Addai(assuming he gets most of the touches). Williams could be huge if Foster get injured as could Maroney in NE if Cdill goes down.

I don't think it's a tossup at all right now. Bush all the way baby! :banana:

Every other rookie back is dependent on someone getting hurt or "assuming he gets most of the touches". There is no reason to believe Addai will get most of the touches in Indy to start the season. It could happen, but who the heck knows. Bush will get guaranteed touches to start the season. After he breaks 1 or 2 quick dink passes for 30-40 yards, they will make sure he is used as a serious weapon in the passing game. Deuce was a slow worthless pile last year. Now he's a slow worthless pile coming off a knee injury. He might be good again, NEXT YEAR. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie! :clap: :clap:

Yeah, RBs who are 5-8 are never any good....Barry, Priest, Westbrook, etc... :banana:

Those little guys above have been pretty good haven't they ? :banana:

On a different note it Still it confuses me why DelRio (a coach who likes to run a power run game) keeps drafting these smaller Rb's first Pearman , now Drew...? :clap:

Look for my boy Michael "The Beast" Bush to be a Jaguar in 2007 after DelRio hires a draft expert to finally help him see what he's really lookin for ! :clap:

1. Bush - he seriously has skillz...like a Marshall Faulk. They will use him on kickoffs, may put him in motion and send him out as a WR, and obviously run the ball. Duece still is experience pain in his bad knee...he just may not be the old Duece and may not be able to hold up the entire year

2. Addai - Rhodes is a backup and will remain a backup from the Indy homers I've been hearing from. Rhodes may start the first few games, but Addai should be in there and win the job by mid season.

3. Williams - kind of like the Addai situation, but it may take him a bit longer to get in there (he'll be a backup)...start mid to end of the year...maybe

thanks for the info guys. I got Addai in both of my leagues in round 4 and 6. Hopefully he wins the job, because I could run for 1000 yards behind that colts o-line.

I think someone in INDY will be running the ball a ton of yards. I am not sold on Addai yet, and his draft price might be too high for me right now.

1. Addai -- Only one listed who might win the starting job

2. Williams -- I just dont believe Foster will make it very long

3. Bush -- Cant go wrong with talent like that

4. Calhoun -- Perfect fit for Martz offense. (Badger homer here)