Sign in to follow this  
p00h

Jamal Lewis outlook

What does everyone think?!? His ADP makes him a steal imo. I think the addition of McNair is going to change the entire outlook of that offense. FOr years they have had a decent Oline, a stud TE, servicable WRs and a shite qb. That has changed, and I think Jamal will be hungry as hell. McNair to Heap is going to open the running game up. I see Jamal as a top 10 back easy, possibly a top 5. What are thoughts?!?

On that note, I am really big on Heap this year as well...

I have a gut feel about Lewis as well. I wouldn't worry about his current PUP residency, doesn't seem like it's much. I do have a concern about the loss of Ricard. Was last year's horrid campaign a result of offseason jail time and contract distractions or was it because Ricard was out injured the whole season? This is the guy that paved the way to his 2k+ campaign. I'd temper my expectations a little for him even though I think he will get it done. Something like 1400 and 8 is where I have him. Keep in mind he's not known for getting a lot of recepts either so that hurts a little bit. I'd say he COULD be a solid RB2 but if you're relying on him as an RB1 it is way too risky.

Well, he is a steal alright. He was in my draft. I picked him in the 6th round with the 52nd overall pick.

Now I have been offered Andre Johnson for him who went in the 5th with the 42nd pick.

I like Jamal's upside, coming off an aweful season, he may have something to prove. The Ravens are looking at TJones though, that could be iffy.

I think the addition of McNair to the offense will be a huge boost for him more than any, 'last year jail' this Oliner gone, etc. That offense went from dunce to fairly dynamic overnight. That's pending McNair's health ofcourse. Doesn't hurt having a dynamic TE in the mix. Anytime you have a qb getting the ball to a TE 15-20 yards down the middle of the field, it does wonders for the running game. I don't see him as a #1, but I think his upside is such he can put up #1 numbers, and possibly top all but the top 3-5 backs in the league. Not exactly a cupcake schedule, but I think he still goes 1400 and 10...

shut up....stop it.....please....i dont wanna draft him again this year!!! quit talking....leave me alone!!!.... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MY biggest concern about Lewis was the addition of Anderson (I thought that'd cost Lewis a bunch of toucehs.) However, I've read that BAL has started using Anderson as a fullback in training camp...leaving Musa Smith as the 2nd RB. Allof which bodes well for Lewis.

Well, he is a steal alright. He was in my draft. I picked him in the 6th round with the 52nd overall pick.

In competitive leagues with 12+ teams, this won't happen.

I see him going in the 3rd round quite frequently. With a 10th overall pick, I could see going Rudi => WR1 => JLewis

And fwiw I don't think Thomas Jones is going anywhere.

I read the same in the paper this morning.

As a homer, I'm hoping all of what you're saying is true. However, to be more realistic, I've said this in previous posts, but I think that we will have a much more balanced offense this season.

With Mason, Clayton, McNair, Heap, J Lew, M Anderson, and Stover all options in the red zone, I don't see him always getting that goal line carry.

He is as much a bull as Anderson is, if not more, so I don't see why they'd pull him to put anderson in for goal line opportunities. If anything, I see anderson coming in to give him a breather here and there. Anderson is not the same calibur RB Jamal is. You can't look at denver numbers and think Anderson is anywhere near the back Jamal is, IMO. I do agree it'll be a balanced attack, but the fact that they will be scoring atleast a td more a game with that offense means the lead RB still will get a ton of opportunities...

With Mason, Clayton, McNair, Heap, J Lew, M Anderson, and Stover all options in the red zone, I don't see him always getting that goal line carry.

So....2nd and goal....Stover's going to get the look???

Besides the fact that he had a bad season last year. Why won't Jamal be good this year?

go!

So....2nd and goal....Stover's going to get the look???

I drafted him this year, allowing me to take a stud WR in the round before instead. I think he's going to have a good season. He's past his jail time, he's past his ankle injury, and he should be hungry for one last contract run. I think he's a good one year RB with decent upside.

He won't be a RB1 one since he don't contribute in the passing game and that offense isn't going to be dynamic enough to get him there, but this is the best surrounding offensive talent, at least at the skills positions, that he's had around him during his career. The only question is the OLine.

I drafted him this year, allowing me to take a stud WR in the round before instead. I think he's going to have a good season. He's past his jail time, he's past his ankle injury, and he should be hungry for one last contract run. I think he's a good one year RB with decent upside.

He won't be a RB1 one since he don't contribute in the passing game and that offense isn't going to be dynamic enough to get him there, but this is the best surrounding offensive talent, at least at the skills positions, that he's had around him during his career. The only question is the OLine.

You "nailed-it" Smart*ss!!!! If you are in a position to take him in the 3rd as a RB2, (because you went WR in rd#2) this could be a serious move toward a Fantasy Championship if it works out. :P

I had JLewis the year he went over 2000 yards rushing. I used to watch him run in games and I just can't forget how his power and speed looked unstopable. I will try to get him again this year with that in mind.

I just can't forget that.

MY biggest concern about Lewis was the addition of Anderson (I thought that'd cost Lewis a bunch of toucehs.) However, I've read that BAL has started using Anderson as a fullback in training camp...leaving Musa Smith as the 2nd RB. Allof which bodes well for Lewis.

this is an interesting tidbit from Ravens training camp

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=e...play%20fullback

Mike Anderson is one of the great players in the NFL. In a league full of primadonnas, he's the consumate professional and will always do what's best for the team.

I never thought Baltimore signed him to be a serious threat to Lewis for carries. He's a reliable backup option to Lewis should Lewis go down, but he'll play either RB or FB, and do whatever is best for the team.

:first: to Mike Anderson, and :thumbsup: to Jamal Lewis for this season. :cheers:

You Jamal Lewis lovers can all have him. I want nothing to do with him. I don't know were the picture is but I saw one of him and he looks out of shape. He is already hurt and on the PUP. I don't think he is motivated to get it done anymore.

Second of all he has taken alot of wear and tear on his body. The O-line is not what it once was. Most big backs of the J.Anderson and E.Campbell (sp?) type have shorter careers. They take a beating on every play. I think he is toast personally. he goty his new contract as well so he has his money.

I think Lewis is falling to points in most drafts to where you almost HAVE to pick him.

Will he ever go 2000 again no

Will he get you 10 TDs probably not

can you pencil him in for 1000 and 6 with a handful of special games yes

as a friendly add on I would offer any owners that have not had Lewis before if you watching his games prepare to be fustrated. Lewis has a very very annoying habit of wantign off the field after every third carry. You can watch him start to get a grove 5 yarder, 6 yarder, 10 yarder, and them the hands come up and your NOOOOOOOOOOO

so be prepared for that

You Jamal Lewis lovers can all have him. I want nothing to do with him. I don't know were the picture is but I saw one of him and he looks out of shape. He is already hurt and on the PUP. I don't think he is motivated to get it done anymore.

Second of all he has taken alot of wear and tear on his body. The O-line is not what it once was. Most big backs of the J.Anderson and E.Campbell (sp?) type have shorter careers. They take a beating on every play. I think he is toast personally. he goty his new contract as well so he has his money.

1) Jamal was activated from the PUP list 4 days ago.

2) His contract is only a one year deal.

Can we expect some more uninformed posts? :cheers: If you want to hate on him, that's fine, but at least present real facts.

jamal lewis or corey dillon? both have potential and both have backs looking to take their spot. who do you like?

jamal lewis or corey dillon? both have potential and both have backs looking to take their spot. who do you like?

I own both Jamal and MA in a dynasty league and Im not at all worried about 32 year old MA taking jamals job. Dillon on the other hand has a 1st round rookie who is VERY talented breathing down his back. 2 situations that are totally different imo.

anyone see how he looked in the scrimmage tonight?

Recently taken off PUP, and didn't play in it, I'm pretty sure.

I think he will continue to blow. Blew his load a few years ago. :banana:

I really don't understand it when so many people say Lewis is past his prime or old. He is ONLY 27 and has played only 5 NFL seasons!!!! He's still young and I think he has several more productive years left.