Sign in to follow this  
cmac13

Looking for this year's Fast Willie Parker

I was able to draft Willie Parker late last year in a keeper league and he turned into one of my 3 keepers.

We're in the late rounds of our draft again this year and I'm looking for a #5 running back with an outside shot at becoming a starter.

My backs:

Willie Parker

Reggie Bush

Thomas Jones

DeAngelo Williams

Any suggestions on late-late round sleepers?

I was able to draft Willie Parker late last year in a keeper league and he turned into one of my 3 keepers.

We're in the late rounds of our draft again this year and I'm looking for a #5 running back with an outside shot at becoming a starter.

My backs:

Willie Parker

Reggie Bush

Thomas Jones

DeAngelo Williams

There's this kid for the Broncos you could take a shot at....can't think of his name....Michael, Mike....if only there would be a thread started on it!! Ricky.....Raja.....David.....Buddy.....Tatum......nope can't remember...but if I seen his face I know it would ring a bell!

Late round, going out on a total limb......Brian Calhoun, Chris Perry, Samkon Gado, but looking at your running backs, I'd say you need another solid back. Parker should be fine, but we don't know what to expect from Bush....TJones isn't looking good. Benson named starter, Jones is still hurt....his future is very cloudy. DeAngelo is a wish and hope that Foster doesn't make it.

You are scary at rb....you don't need a sleeper, you got two and half sleepers already.

Saved by the...

HAHAHAHAH :banana: :mad:

You might want to get Deuce to go with Bush so you have the ball carrier there. Otherwise look for Kevan Barlow if he is still there. What did you do draft 4 wrs right off the bat?

My backs:

Willie Parker

Reggie Bush

Thomas Jones

DeAngelo Williams

I'm looking at two RB's you can get late who could become starters.

1) Najeh Davenport - Hes more talented than Gado and I don't feel green will last long this season.

2) PJ Daniels - This is a reach, but he's a real talented RB who had some injury concerns in college. His biggest problem is he has two vets in front of him, but if he ever got a chance, I think he's an NFL calibur RB. I certainly was as or more impressed with his play as I was Maroney or Addai.

2) PJ Daniels - This is a reach, but he's a real talented RB who had some injury concerns in college. His biggest problem is he has two vets in front of him, but if he ever got a chance, I think he's an NFL calibur RB. I certainly was as or more impressed with his play as I was Maroney or Addai.

Well since you were impresses, I am sold! :ninja:

1) Najeh Davenport - Hes more talented than Gado and I don't feel green will last long this season.

Davenpoop won't see any time unless gado and Green are down...

Gado is the backup for sure....

To go down, Green would have to get up first.

Najeh would take a $hit on Gado, because he is $hit........

My RB are all question marks this year I realize. But I traded Dominack Davis for the right to draft Bush, so I'm playing for next year in a way.

Since I'm a UW-Madison alum, I like Brian Calhoun in Detroit if Jones falters, esp. in a Martz offense.

Anyone know if Calhoun will be #2 on the Lions depth chart?

I've never heard of that Mike Bell guy in Denver. (not sure what that poster has been smokin') :(

To go down, Green would have to get up first.

Ahman Green-RB- Packers Aug. 7 - 3:17 pm et

Ahman Green participated in individual drills for the first time during training camp Monday.

The team is hoping Green can get healthy in time for their third exhibition game. For now, he's on track, but there is no telling how his torn quadriceps will respond when he's ready. Samkon Gado appears likely to start Green Bay's game this weekend.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Don't look now, but he's almost up!

1. Cedric Houston or Derrick Blaylock Jets back up RB

2. Mewelde Moore or Ciatrick Fason

3. Giants backup RB Brandon Jacobs, Tiki has alot of wear and tear the past few years, and I think he is 32 or 33.

I too drafted FWP in 3 of my leagues and got him for next to nothing.

Calhoun - he is an excellent reciever and Jonse isn't

Chris Perry - he will get his opportunity once healthy and could end up with a new team down the road!

Calhoun - he is an excellent reciever and Jonse isn't

Chris Perry - he will get his opportunity once healthy and could end up with a new team down the road!

Just remember that Calhoun has shown terrible blocking skills so far. I don't think he will see much playing time if that doesn't improve in the next 3 weeks....

That said...maybe for keeper/dynasty he is a little better off...

Ahman Green-RB- Packers Aug. 7 - 3:17 pm et

Ahman Green participated in individual drills for the first time during training camp Monday.

The team is hoping Green can get healthy in time for their third exhibition game. For now, he's on track, but there is no telling how his torn quadriceps will respond when he's ready. Samkon Gado appears likely to start Green Bay's game this weekend.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Don't look now, but he's almost up!

I'm not buying it. I smell a Weekend at Bernie's-esque scam going on, here.

1. Morency in Houston - Davis' knees are messed up.

2. Gado - Davenport's injury prone and Green hasn't put up numbers even when healthy, which he's not.

3. Houston in New York - Blaylock's a career backup, Washington's too small to be the featured guy, Martin might retire. Houston's all they have unless....

4. Brown gets traded to the Jets. I guess that's not a sleeper.

5. William Green - Droughns might get suspended and Green currently is 2nd on the depth chart ahead of Suggs & Harrison.

6. Norwood in Atlanta - if Dunn gets hurt, he will likely step in, allowing Duckett to remain the short yardage and inside the 20 guy.

7. Mewelde Moore - is Taylor really that good?

8. Bell in Denver, although I think he'll start the season on the bench.

Just remember that Calhoun has shown terrible blocking skills so far. I don't think he will see much playing time if that doesn't improve in the next 3 weeks....

That said...maybe for keeper/dynasty he is a little better off...

Since when did Martz care about protecting his QB? Blocking skills mean nothing to him.

2. Gado - Davenport's injury prone and Green hasn't put up numbers even when healthy, which he's not.

Hm...seriously?

year team G GS car yds ave TD

2000 Green Bay Packers 16 11 263 1175 4.5 10

2001 Green Bay Packers 16 16 304 1387 4.6 9

2002 Green Bay Packers 14 14 286 1240 4.3 7

2003 Green Bay Packers 16 16 355 1883 5.3 15

2004 Green Bay Packers 15 15 259 1163 4.5 7

He may not be healthy, he may be over-the-hill, but he sure as $h!t put up numbers when healthy.

If you want to join my league I'll create an opening for you.

I found a round 7 sleeper in a surprising form........Fred Taylor.

I'm in a 3 keeper league and plan on "keeping" Bush, D.Williams, and Chambers going into 2007.

Here are my backs for this year, we can start up to 3:

Reggie Bush

Willie Parker

Fred Taylor

DeAngelo Williams

Thomas Jones

I have a ton of question marks, so I'll target one more late round back for depth.

I like:

Brian Calhoun, Lions- Is KJ a bust?

Morency or Wali Lundy, Texans- DD health in question

Greg Jones, Jags- to handcuff Taylor

Cedric Houston, Jets- although I think Martin will be back at some point, he's a warrior.

Curtis Martin- still available in round 8, see above