3.6--Willie Parker, RB, Pit--BoneYard

3.7-- Reuben Droughns, RB, Cle--Waveman

3.8--Chris Chambers, WR, Mia--DocJ

3.9--Julius Jones, RB, Dal--RLLD

3.10--Roy Williams, WR, Det--PIK

3.11--Domanick Davis, RB, Hou--Pretender

3.12--Santana Moss, WR, Was--Diesel

soooo close!

3 picks...so excited as all 4 of my targeted players are there. I continue to be a little stunned by the picks.

Gates in the 2nd, ahead of Harrison. :pointstosky:

Kevin Jones...someone's been reading Swamp Dog's posts. :huh:

Randy Moss...ok, I have to respect the pick - great upside. But as a scorned Moss owner last year I can't say I love that pick. the last potential monster TD WR, but with Brooks at QB, playing on grass and that crappy O-Line, I am happy to let someone else take Moss there.

I do like the 3.01 Boldin pick though. Too bad it's not PPR.

Come on SweetFlyingCold...pick!

Boldin represented the top of a tier. Not sure how I feel about it, but I went with projections. Gonna be a long wait for the end of round 4, tha's fo sho.

Doyle told me via e that he predrafted for the third, but apparently we stripped his queue. Great work today everybody. A round a day and we're in great shape for the live draft.

Midnight, I'm out. I won't be very efficient with the updates during the work week, so if I fall behind, I'll catch up late at night. Also, I have been sending email reminders to those who lag a little. Doyle already has one, so no need nagging him, but if I'm not around, you can do the same. It seems to be helping. Everyone's email is a click away at the league home.

Cant argue with Moss & Boldin. Boldin is a plyer i really like. Probably has to due with him being an FSU alumn, but i really like him this year. Hes a big strong WR and IF i remember correctly i think Warner looked more towards him last year compared to Fitz. Two solid picks Zap. Your teams shaping up to be pretty good. Just better hope Moss doesnt take a monster sh!t on your team and ruin it for you.

Oh ya... KJ was one of the other RBs i was thinking about taking, but thought it was best to stay away from the home team.

I know it was only preseason, but KJ looked so good in the game the other night that it changed my mind about him. He looked quicker, more decisive, and just like a different player. And with Martz as the OC, we all know what can happen there. :wacko:

Kj is one of the five players I was queueing up while waiting for Fajita. Four of them are gone. One is available for a smart owner. :banana:

On that note Tex, remember the "expert IDP" draft we commented on? I was pretty excited how that worked out for the #1 slot? You promised me no such luck? You were right! :D

Cant argue with Moss & Boldin. Boldin is a plyer i really like. Probably has to due with him being an FSU alumn, but i really like him this year. Hes a big strong WR and IF i remember correctly i think Warner looked more towards him last year compared to Fitz. Two solid picks Zap. Your teams shaping up to be pretty good. Just better hope Moss doesnt take a monster sh!t on your team and ruin it for you.

Oh ya... KJ was one of the other RBs i was thinking about taking, but thought it was best to stay away from the home team.

If Moss stays healthy, physically and mentally, a big IF, he'll put up worthy numbers in the new down the field system. I thought the guy was impressive playing through physical and mental pain a year ago. I think Owens is more of a candidate to crap on his team than Moss. I know I'm in a big minority, but I prefer Marvin and Randy to TO this year. Um, I prefer them to CJ too. There, I said it.

Steve Smith

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Marvin Harrison

Chad Johnson

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

:pointstosky:

OK, when does he time out so the rest of us can get this thing moving? :wacko:

OK, when does he time out so the rest of us can get this thing moving? :wall:

No clock, nobody misses any picks.

Best I can tell, Doyle checked in last night around 6pm and hasn't appeared since. His queue was set for full blown autopicking from his rankings. He told me his rankings were all set for his offense and he was working on his IDPs. Now his queue is set for "never". I have a feeling this wasn't deliberate and he believes he's good to go. Prolly got the IDPs ranked and his queue fell back to the default. This could take awhile, but be patient please. It's nice to see him active again. Those of you who don't know, he was crippled in an accident a little over a year ago. We're way ahead of schedule, so...

Folks, if you're using the predraft, you have to double-check your preferences after all changes. Sometimes it will fall back to the default setting, which is never, which will not autopick for you.

zzzzzzzzzzz

:sleep:

this is torture...the suspense is killing me.

The good news is that thanks to what I see as 5 interesting and slightly questionable picks, all 6 of the players I was hoping would slide to me are on the board, 4 of whom have tremendous upside for their respective position/draft spot.

Has me giddy with anticipation. Last night's family guy had Brian doing the peanut butter jelly time banana dance - I take it as a good omen. :dunno:

sorry guys. not sure what changed my que preference setting but I'll double check it often from now on. again sorry for the delay, I thought I had more than enough players qued to make it thru to me

sorry guys. not sure what changed my que preference setting but I'll double check it often from now on. again sorry for the delay, I thought I had more than enough players qued to make it thru to me

No worries. You showed early enough in the day to make the wait little more than an overnighter. Like I said, the natives are restless. This draft could end before the live draft starts. :thumbsup:

I am so irritated...nothing worse than when your targeted player makes it all the way to one spot before picking him...Chester Taylor was going to be my man. Many rated higher still on the board and honestly I thought that if anyone was going to reach for him it would be team "second round Gates: :thumbsup:

Ah well - Jamal is due for a big year, IMO with that whole offense opening up. No more 8 in the box will bring his ypc way way up. Not expecting another 2000+ season, but certainly better than his last 2 years. The team made a statement when they let CT go and paid Jamal this year. His backups don't worry me much. We'll see if I'm right or not, but IMO he was the highest upside RB on the board, and I already have a small-ish guy who doesn't get GL carries...I couldn't take another one, even if I did have them higher on my board. :ninja:

That was a tough pick and I'm not as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be. :wall:

I am surprised by a number of picks so far, this is the first draft I have been in this year that has not followed the "norm" so to speak.

Sorta refreshing... :thumbsup:

I am so irritated...nothing worse than when your targeted player makes it all the way to one spot before picking him...Chester Taylor was going to be my man. Many rated higher still on the board and honestly I thought that if anyone was going to reach for him it would be team "second round Gates: :headbanger:

Ah well - Jamal is due for a big year, IMO with that whole offense opening up. No more 8 in the box will bring his ypc way way up. Not expecting another 2000+ season, but certainly better than his last 2 years. The team made a statement when they let CT go and paid Jamal this year. His backups don't worry me much. We'll see if I'm right or not, but IMO he was the highest upside RB on the board, and I already have a small-ish guy who doesn't get GL carries...I couldn't take another one, even if I did have them higher on my board. ;)

That was a tough pick and I'm not as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be. :(

Ahh...music to my ears. I always base the success of any draft on such comments...and it's not a reach if you think that player will outperform the others still on the board. <_<

Ahh...music to my ears. I always base the success of any draft on such comments...and it's not a reach if you think that player will outperform the others still on the board. <_<

Oh, I agree - naturally, I was going to reach for him. Fewest questions and most upside of any back remaining. That O-Line they build for him is sick, and he'll be used as a rusher and receiver on a team without marquis players anywhere. The biggest concerns about CT are his lack of experience and facing 8 in the box if the Minny passing game isn't clicking.

But I think he'll get 20 carries and 3-5 receptions a game, and that makes him money as a RB2 in any format.

I am surprised by a number of picks so far, this is the first draft I have been in this year that has not followed the "norm" so to speak.

Sorta refreshing... <_<

Acreed. And this is the 3rd time in 4 years this draft has been very unpredictable. I love it. Tells me others are thinking hard and digging for the best possible team. Following the norm is boring.

Since I had no shot at Dillon, Taylor, Lewis and several other backs, I'm sort of disinterested from a who drafts them perspective, but it will be very interesting to see who got it right.

I need to step away for a few hours. Remember BYD works shifts and could be in the middle of one.

I need to step away for a few hours. Remember BYD works shifts and could be in the middle of one.

Well certainly he has pre-drafted or given a list of picks to the commish, I mean, that is just common courtesy <_<

Last comment before hitting the road. Of course, I cannot view your queue, but I can view your queue setting. So as a heads up, two teams very close to picking are on autopilot. This could move quickly.

I'll be back around 2:00 pm pdt.

eta - BoneYard becomes the first owner to draft a backup with an RB RB RB opening. That was unexpected. So, we got triple RBs and Stud WR in this league. Fun stuff. Fwiw, Parker was the last player in my queue at the turn-- before the three backs that just went ahead of him. Although I admit the my projections make them all interchangeable and within a single ppg of each other. Waveman was online a few minutes ago, and the next two are predrafted.

Gotta go!

Kj is one of the five players I was queueing up while waiting for Fajita. Four of them are gone. One is available for a smart owner. B)

On that note Tex, remember the "expert IDP" draft we commented on? I was pretty excited how that worked out for the #1 slot? You promised me no such luck? You were right! :dunno:

Although I don't remember the player we were talking about, I do remember the comment.

Last comment before hitting the road. Of course, I cannot view your queue, but I can view your queue setting. So as a heads up, two teams very close to picking are on autopilot. This could move quickly.

I'll be back around 2:00 pm pdt.

eta - BoneYard becomes the first owner to draft a backup with an RB RB RB opening. That was unexpected. So, we got triple RBs and Stud WR in this league. Fun stuff. Fwiw, Parker was the last player in my queue at the turn-- before the three backs that just went ahead of him. Although I admit the my projections make them all interchangeable and within a single ppg of each other. Waveman was online a few minutes ago, and the next two are predrafted.

Gotta go!

Fast Willie was also next on my draft sheet. But he's pretty much Mini Tiki. I needed a guy with potential to be the man. Jamal has that. Willie loses carries at the stripe and it's not a PPR league...I already have one of those small-ish backs who gets vultured, so I couldn't take another one.

Fast Willie was also next on my draft sheet.

Willie was an outstanding grab there, that Taylor and KJ went before him staggers the imagination, I am pissed that you got him before me... :banana:

Willie was an outstanding grab there, that Taylor and KJ went before him staggers the imagination, I am pissed that you got him before me... :banana:

And I was both shocked & irritated that he didn't go before Chester Taylor.

I think Waveman is having brain cramps trying to pick. He's checked in at AOL twice since he's been up and still hasn't picked. :thumbsdown: :sleep:

It's funny to me anyway. We're well ahead of schedule. Also, I am so intrigued by the next 4 picks that I insisted on a wifi lunch.

I think Waveman is having brain cramps trying to pick. He's checked in at AOL twice since he's been up and still hasn't picked. :rolleyes: :dunno:

It's funny to me anyway. We're well ahead of schedule. Also, I am so intrigued by the next 4 picks that I insisted on a wifi lunch.

What no interest in the wacko picks after 4 :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

And boom! there go the floury of picks.

I knew Team Manning was having a hard time there between a RB (Droughns) or a top WR (Chambers) - and that's why it's a biznotch to take Manning in the 2nd round - it vitually forces you to take the RB in the second, because there's so many picks between then & your next that you have to reach for a mediocre back instead of grabbing a top tier WR.

I think Chambers (the very next pick) is a MUCH better value there, which White Mandingo absoluetly capitalized on, but Whales' hands were tied. Much like team Gates was forced to take a RB there (CTaylor - a good pick) but sacrificed any chance at a top tier WR because he took the elite TE.

It's a perfect demonstration of why I don't think it's worthwhile to reach for that #1 TE or #1 QB. What these teams potentially lost at WR1 is going to be far more significant than any possible gain at TE1 or QB1. Just one man's opinion. sure, they could get lucky and score a breakout - not saying that can't happen...but it seems like they've painted themselves into a corner this way.

Julius Jones in the 3rd is an interesting pick... great upside...or is there? :banana:

What no interest in the wacko picks after 4 :blink: :D

Actually those four picks were intriguing because I was most interested in who would get spoonfed another steal-- li'l miss Stud WR, or cocky Mr. I Stole Edge. No comment on that yet, and I have to get PIK on the phone. Give me about a half hour and you will be up.

I have a rebuttal to that analysis Scooter, but don't have the time. Safety and consistency seem to have been thrown out the window for upside in this draft. I can appreciate that. JJ has nice upside if he stays on the field, obviously.

I never planned to go RB, RB, RB but FWP should see lots of action with the Stillers this year and he really doesn't have a lot of competition...

I was prepared to go in another direction but damn, he was still sitting there for me even though I did not expect him to be...

I think WRs are a dime a dozen and you can go pretty deep in the draft and still get consistent, if not spectacular points.

Now it will be time to play a bit, of course if you leave me another RB that should not be there, ya never know...

I agree this draft has been somewhat non standard and that is a good thing...

Usually in evey draft I want to kick myself right after making a draft pick but so far I am happy with my picks, we will have to see how long that feeling lasts...

As an aside I am having medical concerns recently and do want you to know that I am working 6-2pm CST. I live on the computer if I am home so if for some reason I miss a pick and it is late afternoon, it is not because I am not paying attention to the draft, it is because I cannot get to a computer for whatever reason...

I would never, ever, ever go more than 12 hours without making a pick and that is stretching it, I check the draft the last thing before I go to bed and the first thing when I wake up in the morning. So basically what I am saying is that if y'all have to wait for me for a length of time I have absolutely no problem you doing whatever you have to do to keep everything rolling for as long as you have to do it...

Lets rock...

Do it wacko!! :blink:

Well I am swinging for the fences now for sure! We shall see what happens on the corner. The guy is having his problems but he was just there waiting for someone to take a chance - member of wackos anonymous. :P