Sign in to follow this  
tbone2370

#7 pick in a 12 man PPR League

Based on the early projections Torry Holt, Fitz and SSmith should score more points than StJax, Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson (three running backs I am targeting based on mock drafts at the 7th spot). Do I actually take one of these wideouts over one of these three backs? I am hoping that LaMount Jordan falls to 7th and then I will take him for sure, unless injury during the preseason changes that.

taking a WR 1st round is a ###### in the drawer pick. Every time you think about doing it, put your ###### in a drawer and slam it shut. You shouldn't even take on in the wrap 2nd round, but that would be forgivable if you land the first WR off the board. Do I need to explain to you the relative value of RBs are very low in later rounds vs. WRs?

taking a WR 1st round is a ###### in the drawer pick. Every time you think about doing it, put your ###### in a drawer and slam it shut. You shouldn't even take on in the wrap 2nd round, but that would be forgivable if you land the first WR off the board. Do I need to explain to you the relative value of RBs are very low in later rounds vs. WRs?

Well last year at the number 4 spot I drafted SA, Harrison and RMoss in the first three rounds and I ended up playing for the superbowl championship while other took two running backs in the first two rounds and many of those teams didn't do well. Fanstasy football is about scoring the most points possible no matter what position. So when three receivers can be started compared to 2 in a PPR league.

And this year there are many questions marks at running backs, even in the big three!

I have the 11th pick in a 12 team PPR league and I'm also thinking about a WR in the first round (going WR-WR or RB-WR). Like you said, the stud WRs in a PPR league are as valuable, if not more so, as most of the top RBs. At your draft spot, you should be able to get one of Lamont, Edge, or SJax though (all high rec backs) so I'd go with your top ranked RB in the first round and come back with the best WR in the second round.

Good luck!

Well last year at the number 4 spot I drafted SA, Harrison and RMoss in the first three rounds and I ended up playing for the superbowl championship while other took two running backs in the first two rounds and many of those teams didn't do well. Fanstasy football is about scoring the most points possible no matter what position. So when three receivers can be started compared to 2 in a PPR league.

And this year there are many questions marks at running backs, even in the big three!

Damn, I just got a headache reading that. :pointstosky:

I think everybody on this bored won their SB last year. Right guys?

Based on the early projections Torry Holt, Fitz and SSmith should score more points than StJax, Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson (three running backs I am targeting based on mock drafts at the 7th spot). Do I actually take one of these wideouts over one of these three backs? I am hoping that LaMount Jordan falls to 7th and then I will take him for sure, unless injury during the preseason changes that.

Absolutely not - it's an awful idea. I also have the #7 pick in a 12 man league, and I have done many mocks. Take Edge, Ronnie Brown, SJax or Jordan first - then in the 2nd you will still get Holt, Chad Johnson type WRs.

if you do that then that just means the person at hte end of the round is going to get 2 quality RB's...i'd take rudi for consistency...