Sign in to follow this  
dogbert

Lamont Jordan

I don't know why people are high on him. He never seemed to run for that many yards or have that many touchdowns. Why is he warranting a 5-8 pick? Thanks for the input.

I never saw a lot of rushing yards or TD's either when I had him last year. But being in a PPR league I did see a LOT of points through receptions and recieving yards. Points are what win fantasy games at the end of the day.

He's very valuable in PPR leagues and I don't think his numbers this year will be far off from last.

:ninja:

I never saw a lot of rushing yards or TD's either when I had him last year. But being in a PPR league I did see a LOT of points through receptions and recieving yards. Points are what win fantasy games at the end of the day.

He's very valuable in PPR leagues and I don't think his numbers this year will be far off from last.

:dunno:

I had him in a league that awards 1 point for every 2 receptions and he finished 5th in scoring among RBs. I watched a few Raiders games last year, and even though they suck, the ball touched his hands about 3 out of every 4 plays. I'm not kidding. I don't know the exact ratio, but if he stays that envolved in the offense this year, he warrants a top 8 pick in any league.

I don't know why people are high on him. He never seemed to run for that many yards or have that many touchdowns. Why is he warranting a 5-8 pick? Thanks for the input.

Probably has something to do with him being one the highest scoring RBs last year...I owned him in 2 non-ppr leagues and he was awesome

Even in my non ppr league he was the 7th ranked back at the end of the year. Raiders are going to be no worse then they were last year and he still racked up 1500 total yards and 11tds.

I dont see why he shouldnt be in the 7-12 range again this year.

He was the 7th ranked running back in our yahoo non ppr league, tied with Rudi Johnson.

Player Action Opp Owner Yds TD Yds TD Lost Fan Pts

S. Alexander

(Sea - RB) @Det FA 1 1 0 0 0 1880 27 78 1 1 351

L. Johnson

(KC - RB) Cin FA 2 4 0 0 0 1750 20 343 1 4 315

L. Tomlinson

(SD - RB) @Oak FA 3 2 47 3 0 1462 18 370 2 1 305

T. Barber

(NYG - RB) Ind FA 5 6 0 0 0 1860 9 530 2 1 293

E. James

(Ari - RB) SF FA 7 8 0 0 0 1506 13 337 1 1 251

C. Portis

(Was - RB) Min FA 4 13 17 1 0 1516 11 216 0 2 231

L. Jordan

(Oak - RB) SD FA 10 20 0 0 0 1025 9 563 2 1 213

He was the 7th ranked running back in our yahoo non ppr league, tied with Rudi Johnson.

Player Action Opp Owner Yds TD Yds TD Lost Fan Pts

S. Alexander

(Sea - RB) @Det FA 1 1 0 0 0 1880 27 78 1 1 351

L. Johnson

(KC - RB) Cin FA 2 4 0 0 0 1750 20 343 1 4 315

L. Tomlinson

(SD - RB) @Oak FA 3 2 47 3 0 1462 18 370 2 1 305

T. Barber

(NYG - RB) Ind FA 5 6 0 0 0 1860 9 530 2 1 293

E. James

(Ari - RB) SF FA 7 8 0 0 0 1506 13 337 1 1 251

C. Portis

(Was - RB) Min FA 4 13 17 1 0 1516 11 216 0 2 231

L. Jordan

(Oak - RB) SD FA 10 20 0 0 0 1025 9 563 2 1 213

*cough* ON RAIDERS *cough*

enough said

The point of FF is to get players that score points according to your leagues scoring system, not whether or not their team wins. I had Jordan and he produced very good numbers for me almost every week. Now if you don't get points for receiving yards than of course he wouldn't be a good choice for you.

He ended up being the ninth scoring RB in my league and that is with him not playing the last two weeks of the season. For what I paid for him, that was more than good. Plus lets look at it reallistically, Norv Turner is a great offensive coordinator, not much of a head coach though. Brooks will actually put a little more fear into defenses than Collins did because he is more mobile which will hopefully keep a few more drives last longer. The defense should play harder with Shell motivating them and they shouldn't be in a bunch of blow outs which means more carries late in the game.

And unless you haven't seen him play you can't say that he isn't a quality RB. He is fast, runs hard and has great hands. The biggest plus is that he is a veteran with very low mileage on him.

The only question would be the offensive line. In that division though I wouldn't worry about it too much, every defense is inconsistent.

I don't get a good feeling about Lamont, but he did have the numbers last season. However, I didn't like him last year either and he proved me wrong.

*cough* ON RAIDERS *cough*

enough said

Are you aware that he also played for the Raiders last year? :banana: