Sign in to follow this  
deejsixer

D. Foster early in the 3rd?

I have #3 overall pick and am seriously taking D. Foster with my 3rd round pick. I figure its his, C. Taylor, FWP, J. Jones, or K. Jones. I realize he needs an early handcuff, but I see the most upside with him. Any comments?

I took him in on one of my redraft teams and traded for him and Deangelo on another. You have to get both of them though.

Historically (If you can use that term with their brief history), the Panters have had great production from the RB slot. I fully expect the same this year. Look at it this way.... You may have to draft both players, but the points coming from that position on that team are as a close to a sure thing as there can be.

I dont understand how leauges can have there main $ drafts this early.. We don't know much at all right now..

We draft this same week every year. We like to draft early because it allows more time to play FF. Big trades can be made prior to the season, and if one of your players gets hurt in preseoson, you have even more work to do to field a competitive team. If someone seems to be emerging in a preseason game, its a race to the computer. We all love it.

Everyone is always bitching about how its not cool to draft early. Our league happens to love it. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

We draft this same week every year. We like to draft early because it allows more time to play FF. Big trades can be made prior to the season, and if one of your players gets hurt in preseoson, you have even more work to do to field a competitive team. If someone seems to be emerging in a preseason game, its a race to the computer. We all love it.

Everyone is always bitching about how its not cool to draft early. Our league happens to love it. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

I've tried it. The year Ricky got too high and quit before the season, yep had him at like #9 overall or something....you'll never convince me that its better to draft early. But I can kinda see what you mean, there's a certain amount of stradegy that goes into drafting before preseason is over.

Anyways, DeShaun Foster is my breakout player this year. After his solid playoffs last year, and the fact that I think Fox wants to run more this year I think Foster has loads of upside. But everyone knows he's a huge injury risk, this is nothing new. It just comes down to whether you have the balls to take him so early with all his risk AND you need to invest a higher draft pick on his handcuff than say FWP or JLewis. I say take him with confidence but Go with your gut man.

I dont understand how leauges can have there main $ drafts this early.. We don't know much at all right now..

thats half the fun of it

i have done 3 drafts so far and am waiting on 2 more

a lot of 'sleepers' are exposed during these games and i find i am wanting to trade more now than i ever do during the season

i find i can chase rumors around now and settle with a proper roster come kick off, more management questions and skill comes into play at this time of year

I took Deshaun in a league last nite. Also was able to get Williams at a decent spot. Foster will be huge unless he gets hurt. And even if he does, Williams should step right in and put up decent numbers. I love getting good RBs in the 4th round :headbanger: