Sign in to follow this  
DBZFan2K

DJ Gallo

This guy writes for Sports Pickle and in my mind he's supplanted Bill Simmons as the funniest columnist on Page 2 so far.

14. Domanick Davis, RB, HOU -- The Texans are so high on Davis they passed on Reggie Bush in the draft. So Davis must be pretty awesome because I can't think of one bad decision Texans management has ever made.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab6pos2

:mad:

Better yet is this logic:

9. Jon Kitna, QB, DET -- Sure, Kitna is not an accurate passer. But Detroit's receivers run very imprecise routes. The combination could results in tons of coincidental completions. :doh:

Any Seattle fan can truly appreciate this....

Shaun Alexander, RB, SEA -- Don't worry about Alexander's falling prey to the Madden cover jinx with an injury. It's tough to get injured when you run screaming for the sidelines on half your carries in order to avoid contact.

21. Bam Morris, RB -- And then, once it's Perry's turn to go to jail, you'll want to have Morris waiting in the wings since he's the kind of character guy the Bengals would likely pick up to fill their hole in the backfield.

hahaha

6. I enjoyed the little mini-tournament the NFL scheduled at the beginning of the season to determine which quarterback is the worst in big games. In the first round we had the Manning Bowl -- Peyton vs. Eli -- with Eli advancing to the next round with the loss thanks to a backbreaking fourth quarter interception. But there waiting for him in the championship game Sunday was a very formidable opponent in Donovan McNabb. Not a Manning family member, true, but a player with a very Manning-esque résumé thanks to three losses in conference championship games, as well as a disastrous performance in Super Bowl XXXIX. Despite that pedigree, though, through three quarters it looked like Eli was going to run away with the title as the Giants fell way behind. But then McNabb stepped up as only the great ones do, leading the Eagles to just two first downs in all of the fourth quarter and overtime as they blew a 17-point lead over the final 14 minutes of regulation to lose. And at home no less. It was definitely a statement game by McNabb and one contenders to the throne won't soon forget.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060918

20. Oh, speaking of next Monday's Saints-Falcons matchup, I'd like to humbly propose a pregame intro feature to the good folks over at ESPN television. Why not have Atlanta running back Warrick Dunn give a free house to Reggie Bush's parents? It seems like a no-brainer to me. :bench:

20. Oh, speaking of next Monday's Saints-Falcons matchup, I'd like to humbly propose a pregame intro feature to the good folks over at ESPN television. Why not have Atlanta running back Warrick Dunn give a free house to Reggie Bush's parents? It seems like a no-brainer to me. :rolleyes:

Brilliant :cheers:

9. Chris Simms, what is your deal? Do you not see that Jon Gruden's face is all scrunched up? He is displeased. That's what his face is showing. Displeasure. What else can you want from the man? Coaching, you say? Instruction that will help you improve your play? Sorry. That's not the way Jon Gruden does it. You simply need to unscrunch his face. When that is accomplished you will know you have done your job.

15. Ravens veteran defensive tackle Kelly Gregg had a chance to score the first touchdown of his career Sunday when he scooped up a Raiders fumble late in the third quarter and started running toward the end zone. He managed to lug his 300-plus-pound frame more than 50 yards, but right as he was about to go in for a touchdown, Ray Lewis -- who has scored numerous touchdowns in his career -- ripped the ball out from behind Gregg without any warning and tried to take it in himself. I was shocked Lewis would do that to a teammate trying to score a touchdown. It's just not like Ray Lewis to stab a guy in the back like that.