Sign in to follow this  
mggoilers

Brett Favre**1st today and last...DELETE ME PLZ***

According to www.profootballtalk.com Brett Favre is holding a 11:30 am cdt press conference.

No further details available.

:ninja:

The offseason drama princess took one look at exhibition game one and he's waving the white flag.

Maybe he's having a baby...retiring...is he trying to sell something?

Let the Aaron Rodgers talk begin. It would be a very weak move by Favre, to wait all offseason to make a decision then after one preseason game(which he got killed and mauled on every play) to hang them up.

The whole "best talent since I've been here" would be the motto of the 2006 Packers

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that Brett Favre said that they will have to rip the jersey off his dead body to get him to retire. Or somehting like that. I have no links so don;t ask. Just something I heard while listening here at the office.

So don't look for Brett to announce retirement.

Guest Black Label Society
I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that Brett Favre said that they will have to rip the jersey off his dead body to get him to retire. Or somehting like that. I have no links so don;t ask. Just something I heard while listening here at the office.

Please GOD let him hang em up...........today could be the best day evah!

Phil Simms said it...he talked about how he felt about retirement, and Brett should feel the same way. Brett heard this and felt the same way, and then decided to come back in February....It's August, he probably feels differently after he ate lots of grass in game 1.

which one of you early draft people own him? Ya nervous? :wall:

Anyone who would draft him as anything more than a #2 QB deserves everything coming to them.

Phil Simms said it...he talked about how he felt about retirement, and Brett should feel the same way. Brett heard this and felt the same way, and then decided to come back in February....It's August, he probably feels differently after he ate lots of grass in game 1.

Favre has also said he'll hang it up if he has to compete for the starting position. Maybe with Rodgers playing poorly and Favre playing absolutely downright awful, he's seen the light at the end for the career.

PS I am a Packers homer and Favre fan, but it might be time for Brett to hang it up.

it's not retirement. favre has a new commitment he needs to discuss.

Link

He is now apparently a very wide receiver.

He will be working at a Giant bag counter now and retiring from football. Better to sack than be sacked I always say...

He will be working at a Giant bag counter now and retiring from football. Better to sack than be sacked I always say...

I'm sure Warner has some contacts in the grocery business.

I hope he retired, good riddance to one of the most overated players in the history of the NFL

Wow. What planet are you from? :blink:

You can say a lot of things about Favre but "overrated" shouldn't be one of them.

What a focking drama queen Favre is.

I hope he retired, good riddance to one of the most overated players in the history of the NFL

And the moron brings it to the main board.

Guest Black Label Society
Wow. What planet are you from? :blink:

You can say a lot of things about Favre but "overrated" shouldn't be one of them.

Agreed completely. I'm a Vikes Fan/Favre Hater, but 'overrated' he is NOT.

Here's to him going 'my line sucks and I'm outta here...peace!!'

:blink:

My gues is he'll talk about the team. I don't know why everyone's getting all excited over this. My guess is it's a team press conference, scheduled for their reasons. I don't think this is anything major.

I think you can see it here.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/07/30/3/

Because deep down all these guys have crushes on Favre :D

GO PACKERS!!! :banana:

What a focking drama queen Favre is.

I know this is going to be ridiculed, but I acutally agree. Favre is one tough S.O.B i give him that, but he is overrated.

I am not saying he wasnt a good QB, and probably for a couple of years he was a top 2 QB in the league. But I cannot put him on any top 10 of all time list.....

I know this is going to be ridiculed, but I acutally agree. Favre is one tough S.O.B i give him that, but he is overrated.

But I cannot put him on any top 10 of all time list.....

You have got to be kidding me.

Did you check the record book? Stack him up against the "top ten", and I think you'll find a spot for him.

Some of you have very short memories. Some of you forget how great Favre was in his prime.

Brady is retiring?

You win for dumbest post ever!

You have got to be kidding me.

Did you check the record book? Stack him up against the "top ten", and I think you'll find a spot for him.

Montana

Elway

Marino

Unitas

Manning

Bradshaw

Namath

Starr

Young

Staubach

Tarkenton

And you can make an arguement that these guys are better than farve too

Stabler

Fouts

Benny Friedman

Sid Luckman

Jim Kelly

Bob Griese

Otto Graham

I can put Favre in the discussion but not top 10. Unless we are talking top 10 overrated players in NFL history.

I have nothing but comtempt for the Packers...but Favre is not overrated. Since I am a Vikings fan and my wife is a packers fan :shocking: ...I have seen him play a few times.

Yes he is. P.S. Everybody on this post have seeen him play more than just a few times....

Montana

Elway

Marino

Unitas

Manning

Bradshaw

Namath

Starr

Young

Staubach

Tarkenton

Stabler

Fouts

Benny Friedman

Sid Luckman

Jim Kelly

Bob Griese

Otto Graham

I can put Favre in the discussion but not top 10. Unless we are talking top 10 overrated players in NFL history.

Yes he is. P.S. Everybody on this post have seeen him play more than just a few times....

:shocking: .

Montana

Elway

Marino

Unitas

Manning

Bradshaw

Namath

Starr

Young

Staubach

Tarkenton

Stabler

Fouts

Benny Friedman

Sid Luckman

Jim Kelly

Bob Griese

Otto Graham

3 MVPs (most ever)....a SB Ring....Longest Starting streak.....I believe 2nd most TDs and maybe 3rd most yds?....Up there in the most Wins by a starting QB....countless Pro Bowls....and not ever having the talent around him like a Kelly Manning :lol: (cant believe you even put him in there)...a Bradshaw and Young....

Not putting him in the top 5 or 7 let alone the top 10 shows you really are just a Favre hater or don't know too much about football now or back in the day...

HTH

:lol: .

I stopped reading at Namath. Sort of lost all credibility after that.

Even Bradshaw admits he wasn't in the same league as Favre.

my top 5 would be Montana Marino Elway Favre and Unitas.....not in any real order other than I think Monatna and Elway are 1 and 2 and the rest are toss ups...

Montana

Elway

Marino

Unitas

Manning

Bradshaw

Namath

Starr

Young

Staubach

Tarkenton

Stabler

Fouts

Benny Friedman

Sid Luckman

Jim Kelly

Bob Griese

Otto Graham

I hate Favre like poison. I hate the media fawning over him even more. And I still have to say you're insane.

Namath was my favorite player in the late 60's-early 70's. For all his charisma, and the notoriety he garnered from one game, he wasn't close to Favre's league. Bradshaw and Young? Nope. Manning? The never ending 'how many rings' stupidity makes me puke, but maybe he ought to win at least one big playoff game before being placed here.

Aside from Otto Graham and Sid Luckman (who earn a pass due to the different game played then) no, you can't make a rational argument for any of those guys either.

Favre has held regular training camp pressers for as long as I can remember. The drama queens are the media who create stories where there is none and the idiots who buy their crap.

Favre has held regular training camp pressers for as long as I can remember. The drama queens are the media who create stories where there is none and the idiots who buy their crap.

:unsure:

no retirement.

nothing to see here, move along

no link, just watching the presser live

how is he dressed?