Sign in to follow this  
Zap

STOP THE DRAFT!?

At this pace we will be finished before week three of preseason and a week before our live draft date. I'm fine with that, but we are now at a point where we could live draft in an hour flat. If we were to pause till the live draft date, we would reduce injury risk to about 40% of the draft, and we would get to watch the next two weeks of preseason games unfold. And we could get a break from this time consuming stuff. Just a thought...

Before anyone squeels that I want to stop it before I pick, lol, if we decide to do this, which is probably completely out of the question, I say stop it at Diesel. :thumbsup:

1 for stopping

1 against

I have a feeling I lose this in a landslide.

Draftus Interruptus? I could handle it, but the withdrawal would be significant. Seems like we've built some momentum here. If I had to vote, I vote for continuing but would not object if we paused.

Okay fine, I'm losing this one. Someone is going to draft a blown up ACL, a camp battle loser, or a multiple offender and see the wisdom of my ways.

Anyway, if we stopped it at Diesel, he'd be two hours late for the live draft.

There's still time for sensible people to overrule these draft addicts! :mad:

I already have a multiple offender, y'all need to catch up...

Although I can see with your roster why you would want to take a break and try to figure out how to fix it... :lol:

I already have a multiple offender, y'all need to catch up...

Although I can see with your roster why you would want to take a break and try to figure out how to fix it... :D

zing!

Post of the week!

:first: :lol: :bench:

Although I can see with your roster why you would want to take a break and try to figure out how to fix it... :D

:cheers:

5 crazies

1 sane

And thanks for the kind words. My draft was flamed last year by a disrespectful noob, and we know how my team worked out. His finished last. I told him he cursed himself when he said it. :banana:

looks like the draft stopped for you anyway....going on a few hours now. How odd.

Guess they thought, "well Deisel will just lag at the turn anyway...I'm going to swim to Austrailia while I wait".

:D

420 kissin'up to the commish, I vote we stop. :pointstosky:

Great, the half brain dead cripple is the only one on my side! :lol:

You know I love ya, bro. And you're clearly brighter than these dimwits.

Alright 2-6!!

We can tie this and I BREAK TIES!! :bandana:

Keep moving. I am starting like 10 more drafts this week, lol. :blink:

Keep moving. I am starting like 10 more drafts this week, lol. :banana:

What a great reason to put this one on hold til the 31st!

:doh: :banana:

Speaking of no clock, I've noticed several times over the years that a draft with no clock moves faster than a draft with a clock and this one has been no exception. With a clock a lot of people will "use their time" then defend the delays by saying they didn't time out. Just an observation you may want to consider in the future. This draft has been pleasant in comparison to many I've done with a clock-- those also raise the ugly spectre of what to do when the clock expires. I always hated going to site rankings.

Something to consider in other drafts and other leagues in the future.

Speaking of no clock, I've noticed several times over the years that a draft with no clock moves faster than a draft with a clock and this one has been no exception. With a clock a lot of people will "use their time" then defend the delays by saying they didn't time out. Just an observation you may want to consider in the future. This draft has been pleasant in comparison to many I've done with a clock-- those also raise the ugly spectre of what to do when the clock expires. I always hated going to site rankings.

Something to consider in other drafts and other leagues in the future.

I agree - it's been a very fun draft. Good bunch of folks, and should be a great and competitive league. Some questionable early picks from everyone, but I think we were all trying to fake each other out. lol

Like all of you I am a draft junkie - it's like being a baseball fan in a way...except instead of spring being a time of promise and hope renewed, it's fall. And there's football and violence and drafts and everyone has a chance to win their league since everyone's 0-0

:dunno:

except whomever plays me week #1 - they'll be 0-1. lol...just kidding, my team's the suck.

Scooter will whine and ###### like a little girl if you don't pick... :huh:

eh, I might whine but none is ever serious. :clap:

I would like to echo the comments above. This has been one of the best and most pleasant drafts I have been a part of. Of course when you have knowledgeable people, they tend to be that way. But I do appreciate the opportunity to participate, and hopefully I will reperesent myself well----and kick all your asses! :thumbsdown: