Sign in to follow this  
Rye & Leaf

Greg Jennings

You can grab him in round 13 or so and get a possible steal.

I'm drooling to grab this guy as a GB homer and this performance only helps. Packers #2 WR should have some real value this year as it looks like they won't be able to run again.

I'm drooling to grab this guy as a GB homer and this performance only helps. Packers #2 WR should have some real value this year as it looks like they won't be able to run again.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the wr coach compared him to MHarrison as a rookie. Supposedly he has an inate abilty to run precise routes plus he has learned the WC offense without any bumps which is rare for anyone, let alone a rook. 85 yr td tonight against Jimmy Willaims who many pundits had pegged as a top 10 pick(based on athletic ability) ...not bad.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the wr coach compared him to MHarrison as a rookie. Supposedly he has an inate abilty to run precise routes plus he has learned the WC offense without any bumps which is rare for anyone, let alone a rook. 85 yr td tonight against Jimmy Willaims who many pundits had pegged as a top 10 pick(based on athletic ability) ...not bad.

He ran the WC Offense in college, which has helped him adapt to the NFL game.

He ran the WC Offense in college, which has helped him adapt to the NFL game.

Fellow Western Michigan University alumni here's he is on playing west coast type offense in college:

That's definitely helped me out," said Jennings, who holds Western Michigan's career receiving records for catches (238), receiving yards (3,539), touchdowns (39) and all-purpose yards (5,093) and became just the 11th player in NCAA Division I history to record three 1,000-yard receiving seasons. "That's why I'm able to adapt and comprehend and be more comfortable than most guys coming in."

Fellow Western Michigan University alumni here's he is on playing west coast type offense in college:

That's definitely helped me out," said Jennings, who holds Western Michigan's career receiving records for catches (238), receiving yards (3,539), touchdowns (39) and all-purpose yards (5,093) and became just the 11th player in NCAA Division I history to record three 1,000-yard receiving seasons. "That's why I'm able to adapt and comprehend and be more comfortable than most guys coming in."

That definently helps him, but results are results...and he apparently is making many plays in practice, plus tonight he was pretty good, I would say he is worth a late round flyer, esp considering that Favre has been known to make guys look good.

Alright, Jennings had ONE good preseason game so far...

Time to hold out and demand a new contract! :cheers:

Alright, Jennings had ONE good preseason game so far...

Time to hold out and demand a new contract! :cheers:

Lol the guy is the real deal plus Favre speaks highly of him. If you draft a rookie wr this year he should be your top choice. Very good route runner in a pass happy offense.

You can grab him in round 13 or so and get a possible steal.

With the homers in my league, he won't make it past the 7th round, and could go higher than that.

With the homers in my league, he won't make it past the 7th round, and could go higher than that.

Ha! Well, don't worry, he may good for a spot start in a start 3WR league, but year 2 and 3 is where you really have to start thinking about drafting him that early. More talented WR's for you....

Ha! Well, don't worry, he may good for a spot start in a start 3WR league, but year 2 and 3 is where you really have to start thinking about drafting him that early. More talented WR's for you....

Agreed. I'll let someone else reach for him.