Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

For those thinking of taking Manning at #4

First time ever I took a QB in 1st round let along 4, but passing TD's were 6 each

10 team league

QB - Manning (1st round)

QB - Phillip Rivers (round 15)

RB - Westbrook (3rd round, best of backs left)

RB - Gore (round 6)

RB - Mike Bell (round 7)

RB - Rhodes (round 8)

RB - Chris Brown (round 10)

RB - V. Morency (round 17)

WR - Holt (2nd round LaMont went one pick before me, Willis was there but I figured why not go Holt)

WR - R. Wayne (round 5 will be fun when they hook up)

WR - T.J housamasndssd (round 9)

WR - Matt Jones (round 11)

WR - B. Engram (round 13 or 14)

TE - Gates (4th round figure may as well have a top 5 wr te and qb if my rb's are going to suck)

TE - LJ Smith (round 12)

Balt (round 13 or 14)

Wilkens (round 16)

As you can see RB's suck I have lots of potential but who knows. If Bell Rhodes or Gore are ok I will be fine. Manny Holt Wayne and Gates should win me a few weeks

Oh yeah

start 1 2 2 1 1 1 flex - 1

Can you post the entire draft?

It would be helpful.

:banana:

i have #4 and i might draft manning as well.....hate to do it..but what other options are there? tiki,jackson

6pts for passing td's also

Can you post the entire draft?

It would be helpful.

:dunno:

I did have my entire draft then I brang my laptop home the wife signed on her side, and then turned the computer off before I saved the draft

I can say where I got each guy at

I did have my entire draft then I brang my laptop home the wife signed on her side, and then turned the computer off before I saved the draft

I can say where I got each guy at

also ill get it tomorrow when i see the commish

I got Carson in the early third. Thats as high as I intend to go for a QB.

yeah i have been playig for 10 years never done it before, it was a work legue just thrown together.. I actually though QB would go quiker then they did, and I'd be able to come back and get 2 good RB's

I figured only a 10 team league with a bunch of rook's oh well

who is Phillips.........

I assume he meant to say Phillip Rivers.

I got Carson in the early third. Thats as high as I intend to go for a QB.

so who would you take at 4 or 5? I think tiki is a clear 4. then its either jackson, brown, or edge at 5. either one of those three or manning. unless. . . . . you got cahones to take portis.

That's actually a pretty solid team if one of those RBs turns out.

Yeah if healthy and either Bell or Rhodes turn out to be solid, I say I gota a pretty good chance. All 5 RB's should get the rock 15 times a game

Yeah if healthy and either Bell or Rhodes turn out to be solid, I say I gota a pretty good chance. All 5 RB's should get the rock 15 times a game

True that. I'm kinda interested to see how it would have worked in a 12 team league though.

That's actually a pretty solid team if one of those RBs turns out.

I was thinking the same thing :thumbsup:

I like this team a lot... Mike Bell stays the main man (which I see no reason he shouldn't) and this team is a winner :shocking:

True that. I'm kinda interested to see how it would have worked in a 12 team league though.

no way i would have gotten away with it, or would i have tried going qb wr.. this wasnt a shark league

I may take him 5th in a 10tm keeper league (and only 4pt pass TD) but I don't know, here's my predicament:

I'm keeping S.Smith in the 9th, T.Jones in the 11th, and N.Burleson in the 12th.

Most of the good RBs are keepers and so in the 5 slot it's either Manning or the top RB, which is likely Westbrook.

Hell then it leaves me the decision in the 2nd: Harrison/Fitz/other good WR or someone like Chester Taylor or Dom Davis.

I could also keep TJ Duckett in the 8th. I know it's high for him, but at least I can lock up a RB that is gonna score 7-9 times during hte year. And if he happens to get dealt, it's probably a great move.

Tried posting this on the other board but never got any bites, so maybe in this thread I will!

In a 10 team league I would grab Manning at 4. There still will be decent RBs avaiable. 12-14 teams get a little dicey!

Also took Manning in the first round but at 1.6. Here is what I ended up with: We start 2 QBs

Manning

Vick

Kitna

Westbrook

C.Taylor

Willie Parker - Traded away today for Chambers str8 up

Deshaun Foster

Mike Bell

Mike Anderson

Harrison

Mason

Chambers - Traded for today - Willie Parker

Matt Jones

McCardell

Moulds

LJ Smith

J Brown

some IDPs late.

Yes this is a money league and we have been together for four years now.

where is that at................................

:D

There it is. My #1 ranking at the end of the season. Am I going to dominate this league this year or what. I couldn't believe the talent that dropped to me this year.

In a 10 team league I would grab Manning at 4. There still will be decent RBs avaiable. 12-14 teams get a little dicey!

I draft #5 in a 12 league team. tds are 6 pts run or pass. I am thinking about manning at 5, then take rb at 21 (perhaps mcghee, westbrook, kj, droughns) and at 29 (gore, parker, c. taylor or r. wayne for the hookup).

i hate this pick :D