Sign in to follow this  
Football Fan 20

Drop Betts for Duckett?

That's a tough one. From what I hear....Saunders loves Betts. Obviously, they did not feel that he could carry the load if Portis was out a long time or maybe the injury is greater than anybody knows???? I couldn't tell ya what I'd do here.

id say add him now and keep betts temporarily see whos gonna pan out ...and besides ...theres probably another owner who wants to keep him off your roster ..see if any of them are willing to overpay for him and than if betts does get the job you still have portis` handcuff while getting something basically for nothing...

but i do feel duckett will be his handcuff ...but i dont necessarily agree with handcuffs ...would you handcuff yourself if you had the likes of LT2 who plays injured or go out and get deshaun fosters backup who never plays injured .....personally if it were between LT`s back up or Fosters backup when its my turn to draft even though i have LT id still take Williams just because i think he will be used more sooner and than id have more options

YES....Do it now!!

check mine please

:dunno:

what he said. This is a no brainer.

Do it. Obviously wash knows something that they arent telling anyone. You dont just go out and trade a 3 and or 4 (not sure which it was) for a backup. What this is telling me is that they are planning on nurseing Portis even if he comes back. Portis will prolly get the 1st and second and long's while Duckett will get the 2nd and shorts and 3rds as well as whenever they are near the goaline. With Portis playing, Duckett will get those easy touchdowns(like the bus did). And if Portis doesnt come back you are looking at a guy who could score you 10-13+ TD's and have a solid year as a #2 RB.

Duckett is always underrated because he doesn't get a great # of carries.

But even if Portis is healthy, Duckett will get most/all of the GL snaps and score 8-10TDs. I don't know about you, but to me an 8-10TD guy is at worst a GREAT bye week replacement, and the upside here is great considering Portis' situation.

Betts will get some carries that Portis otherwise would get, but he will NOT get the GL carries that Duckett will now takeover.

Before you dump Betts, remember that he is in his contract year and the Skins have been listening to offers for him. He could be a starter somewhere other than D.C. in a month. Hold them both if you can until you see what shakes out.

duckett for sure! you know he'll be around all season to take TDs, and if portis stays out / goes down he'll be in there even more... a bettis-like situation. as for betts... what happens if you keep him, then he gets traded and is backing up somebody healthy all over again? stay away from betts.

please see my post:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=223779

This is a tough call I'm glad I'm not making. It does make sense for Washington to protect Portis' shoulder by adding a proven short yardage and goal line back to step in during those situations that are probably going to be the hardest for a back playing with a separated shoulder to deal with but sometimes the obvious reasons end up not being the situation at all. Another possibility as to why the 'skins would invest a third round pick for Duckett could also be Snyders desire to win and the options Washington had available in working out a trade in the first place. The Redskins don't really have a receiver to give Atlanta and I suspect that's what it was going to take to get Duckett from them. Denver was wanting a third round pick all along for Lelie rather than a player. Snyder has a history of overpaying with draft picks. Obviously I'm just speculating but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Duckett was brought in less as their goal line back as much as to be insurance in case something happens to Ladell. Betts hasn't had much track record staying healthy so if anything did happen to Portis Washington's going to need another back who has the ability to step in for complete games. If I had Portis and Betts and was thinking of adding Duckett too, I'd keep Betts (although that's a lot of roster tied up) at least until this clears up beyond speculation. If I was kind of thin at RB I'd have to take the chance on Duckett and let Betts go.