Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

What players will be 1st round picks next year?

Just got out of the old DeLorean and next years top 10 rankings are as follows:

LT

SA

SJax

Bush

McGahee

LJ

Portis

K. Jones

R. Brown

Maroney

:dunno:

Reggie Bush! :dunno:

yes i drank the kool aid

chris mortenson took him in the 1st this year :banana:

No real revelations here, but some guys that have a good shot at producing well this year, are in good situations, and may very well warant a first round pick next year --

1.) Bush - if he turns out to be everything everyone expects him to be and Deuce doesn't cut it, Bush could be huge. I don't like NO offensive line and I think the team situation is worse than the ones I've listed below, but Bush has special talent.

2.) Addai - I don't care about Rhodes. Once Addai gets past the rookie learning curve, he's in a great position to succeed.

3.) Maroney - Dillon is getting up there in age. Maroney could very well be the starting back in NE by the end of the year with any kind of injury or unproductive year by Dillon. Good team, good chance to succeed.

4.) Norwood - more of a stretch here, but with Duckett being traded and Dunn getting up there in age, Norwood may very well get a chance this year to show that he can carry the load next year. ATL has a good running attack, a good O-line coach and scheme, and this would be a great spot for him to succeed.

5.) D. Williams - if Foster gets hurt yet again, he would be in a great position to succeed.

6.) Benson - at some point, he's going to get a real shot to take over the RB job. If he gets that shot at any point this year, we'll know by next year what we're looking at. I see this guy as boom or bust. The Bears are committed to running the ball and if the QB play improves at all, it's a boon for the running game.

Reggie Bush & Joseph Addai... Reminds me of a fews years back when Edge and Rasta Williams first appeared on the scene.

Reggie Bush & Joseph Addai... Reminds me of a fews years back when Edge and Rasta Williams first appeared on the scene.

Those would be the easy picks.

Some others if everything works out:

Kevin Jones (could explode in Martz's offense, vaulting into 1st round status next year)

Frank Gore (if Alex Smith doesn't mess everything up in SF, that kid could be huge)

Thomas Jones (if he reclaims the starting spot and has another 1300+ yard 9+ TD year)

Cedric Benson (if he claims the starting job and does similar)

Maroney (if Dillon retires or is released, he will become a stud I think)

Any Denver RB (one of the Bells) that is given the chance to play this whole season as the starter....because if that happens you could have a 1500 yard 10+ TD back with the last name of Bell. Of course Shanahan is on a mission to make sure this never happens, and if it does he will jsut trade the guy ala Portis anyways. :headbanger:

with the FFToday Board hype machine in full-effect, it'll be whichever rookie shows any glimpse of ability and has the unquestioned starting job for his team next year. ala KJ and JJ last year and Caddy and RB this year...

So i'm going to go w/ DWilliams, Addai, Maroney and Norwood...