Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

With the big 3 and Tiki off the board.....

So if you are sitting the middle....say pick #5......who is the safest pick now??

Portis is hurt....Wash signs Duckett

SJAX is dinged....and they are looking at Davis

Edge?.....terrible o-line

Rudi? Is he good enough for a #5 pick?

Lamont?,....too soon?

To me right now.....if you are drafting this weekend like many are......is Rudi the safest pick at this point?

Or do you think Jackson will be ok?

Edge is the safest pick after that..he will get ALL the touches, even if the line sux, which I think is overblown

S. Jax is dealing with a minor injury and did so for some of last year too.

To answer your question of the safest, I think Rudi is the next safest. Especially with Chris Perry possibly heading for the PUP List.

After that I like Jordan... I just think the Raiders have an old school run and shoot approach. I think there line has a chance to gel with some games this season. Plus, I really like there playoff schedule. It help that he is young and healthy. (Disclaimer: I am a Raiders fan.) Lastly, they have 2 HOF OL coaches working with them this year.

I might consider Ronnie Brown hear too...

Yeha im starting lean toward Rudi.....

So do you sacrifice the upside (Jackson) for safeness in round 1 (rudi)??

Yeha im starting lean toward Rudi.....

So do you sacrifice the upside (Jackson) for safeness in round 1 (rudi)??

The safest pick you could take is Peyton Manning. Manning and the RB you get coming back will most likely blow away the RB you take and the QB you end up with.

Portis

The safest pick you could take is Peyton Manning. Manning and the RB you get coming back will most likely blow away the RB you take and the QB you end up with.

I have the #5 pick this year and I have (although I hate Manning) considered taking Manning....... :dunno:

I have the #5 pick this year and I have (although I hate Manning) considered taking Manning....... :dunno:

Seriously??

No f'ing way. Just do the numbers.......you get hammered taking him #1.

Over at ANTS...we broke down the math of it.....its horrible. Dont take Manning #1.

Seriously??

Over at ANTS...we broke down the math of it.....its horrible. Dont take Manning #1.

please explain this math thing.

and yes I am serious dude, Manning has went early in every draft I have been in over the last three years so why not this year?

I look at it this way : If I take manning in the #1st, and get say MGGahee and Chambers and Gates in the next three rounds, I should have a pretty solid team

you know what else Manning may just end up being gone when my pick comes up anyhow!.......I agree with some of the other posters above "claiming that they don't feel to safe with guys like Rudi/SJax/Jordon", so the next best player on my list would be Manning........ :dunno:

If you want safety, you go Peyton

Someone out of SJax, Ronnie B, Rudi, Lamont, Caddy, Portis will definitely do very well this year. The problem is you do not know which one and how well.

Now, if you only want to go RBs, then you go Rudi, especially with Perry's injury. Even if Carson misses a couple of games at start of year (I doubt that happens), with Carson, Rudi will get a lot of redzone opportunities. That will lead to opportunities that are guaranteed with Rudi. Rudi's floor is the highest, his ceiling may not appear to be very high, so limited upside in that sense especially in PPR leagues.

Seriously??

Im looking for the thread.......but basically it puts you at least one round behind everyone at every other position for the most part. And your running backs are only 1/2 as good as those who go rb/rb

who is the safest pick now??

Carolina Defense,they can't possibly all get hurt at the same time :dunno:

Thanks sweetness_34 :dunno: .......

I kicked myself in the butt all year last year when Rudi feel all the way to the mid 3rd round, and I had to pass on him because I already had S.Jax and K.Jones. "what a mistake that was!"

so if I end up going RB I will most likley take Rudi........... :mad:

Im looking for the thread.......but basically it puts you at least one round behind everyone at every other position for the most part. And your running backs are only 1/2 as good as those who go rb/rb

If you go by last years stats you may have a point, Manning didn't reach 4,000 yards and he didn't get 30TD's but he came close (it's funny because most people feel he had a bad season)........

and I have a feeling without Edge there his TD passes and yardage will go way up!.....now that's what I am hoping for, otherwards I wouldn't even consider him at all in the first round.

Thanks for your concern though :clap: ........ :bandana:

The only thing about rudi that no one mentioned is his schedule - out of his 16 games he faces 10 d's that were top 10 against the rush last year....add to the fact that he always starts slow......I would recommend jax or brown (I have the 5th pick in my draft and that is how i am leaning). and i do agree, taking manning would seriously hamper you down the line....not when you can get palmer or hasselbeck or the other manning a few rounds later

Manning might be tough in a 12 or 14 or 16 team league, because the RBs coming back in the 2nd and 3rd will be depleted.

Last year I won our league with Bulger/Palmer at QB, and Chambers, Santana, Fitz and WR with w RBs that were weak with McGahee and Rudi, and I played the WW every week, got T. Jones, G. Jones and others.

I basically busted my first rounder last year, this year Manning 1, Holt 2, Gates 3, then Dillon, Parker, etc.

This year more than ever, there's SOOOO many teams with undeclared #1 RBs, so floating the WW could give you solid starters each week at RB, while starting FAR and away the #1 QB, #1 WR, #1 TE ! :rolleyes:

I think it's interesting how everyone thinks Peyton Manning will automatically do well this year. They say that losing a premier running back in Edgerin James, makes Manning's numbers go up. I question that. I think if you take weapons out of an offense, defensed can plan better for what you have. I'd suspect that Peyton Manning's numbers will be very average.

Take Edgerin James at #5. You can't miss that way. He's proven himself every year in the league and with a good passing offense in Arizona, they can't just key on James. They have some new offensive linemen from the draft, so expecting the offensive line to play poorly probably won't be the case.

You're wrong Gridiron.

You're trying to predict what RB will have a great FF season, no offense here, but you know nothing.

You know no more than everyone else, all the cheatsheets out there and all the so called experts.

What we're talking about doing is building a strategy based on positional drafting.

I do this every year.....what positions in what rounds depending on the average projections.

Big difference from saying...go with Edge....he's gonna have a great year....you know what....not even Edge himself knows what kind of year he's gonna have.