Sign in to follow this  
NASDAQ

TD run from McCallister

I took Deuce in the 5th round of my restricted keeper league. Basically, 24 players were kept, but it costs a pick two rounds higher than where they were picked the year before. So most of the very top players weren't kept, though many of the mid-rounders that are top-rounders this year were kept (LJ, RBrown, Caddy, etc.). At any rate, I figured 5th round to platoon my flex position with Fred Taylor isn't too bad. I see Bush getting more receptions than carries and Deuce should be the guy at the stripe. If his knee holds up, I think it's worth a 5th (really about a 7th) round pick.

That team has never really used a TE and I can see Bush working the under routes and midfield screens the way some teams use a TE.

Yes, however Brees has historically used his TE's quite a bit. (Gates and at Purdue). I can see the NO OC working the TE more to fit his past strengths. IMO, if they're smart.

I think that this is great news for guys targeting Bush in the draft. It will help to keep his value right about where it should be as a potentially good rookie and not an overpriced bust. I think the upside is limitless with or without Deuce healthy, but if Deuce is good at one thing, it is getting hurt. If and when that happens the opportunity to have the steal of the draft is huge. But that chance shouldn't cost you a first round pick.

I've been of huge fan of Deuce since his days as a Rebel. His first couple seasons in the league the guy was quick, for his size, and a dependable running back. Nevertheless, Deuce hasn't been the same for quite a while, and a 240 pound bruiser like Deuce should consider himself lucky if he ever reaches 95% of the player he once was, due to the shredded knee of course. A Steven Davis role, with 6 or 7 TD's would be the max for him, IMO. Reggie is a weapon, no doubt, but one must question the Saints reasoning for choosing a RB when they have a significant % of their cap tied up in Deuce. Bottom line, Deuce isn't a special RB at this point in time, yes, he still is bruiser, but the explosiveness has been gone for a while. IMO, you take a chance on "special" backs who play for crappy teams (ie Bush, Gore,etc...) but Deuce isn't special, so unless you want to waste a roster spot on a guy who will put Antowain Smith type numbers/you play in a 16 team league, look elsewhere.

And what all the others, with any good sense, are saying is that he should not have been or should be drafted anywhere but as a handcuff for Deuce...

1st round... thats just plain stupid... a guy in our league drafted him in the second... :blink: :banana: :wacko:

lol...JUST a handcuff for Deuce?

Bush will catch more passes than Deuce and still touch the ball as much as some starting RBs do. Is he worth taking in the 1st or second? Hell no. But there is a reason why Deuce isn't going until the middle rounds in most drafts. Anybody expecting him to be a workhorse still is ignoring what the coaching staff has publicly stated about how many times Bush will touch the ball.

Have some people overhyped Bush? Of course they have. But Deuce's load will be cut into by this more than you are thinking...he's not JUST a handcuff. That is a ridiculous statement.

Why don't we all just agree that this RB situation is a poor man's Denver RB situation 2005. They'll both have about 1000-1100 AP yds, some tds, and will both be lesser #2/3 rb starting options. In a ppr league draft Bush, otherwise take the value that comes with drafting Deuce late.

First of all it was later in the game, and Indy's first string starters had been pulled :thumbsup:

As one of the leaders of the Bush Backers club, I am happy to see Deuce running well. I have said that what USC did with Bush and White will be the same thing that the Saints WANT to do with Bush and Deuce. IF they have success (and that's a big if), then Deuce will have a good year (and so will Bush).

However, I don't think the Saints are going to have much success. I think they will be playin from behind... and Bush is going to be the one on the field more because they will be throwing. Bush's value is in a PPR, and real life of course.

Why people can't see that both backs are good, take into consideration their given situations, and how it relates to fantasy football is beyond me.

However, I will eat a bit of crow on Deuce (for now)... he looks a lot better than I thought he would. I am just amazed at how quickly he has recovered from his injury. Also I was concerned about Bush's fumble.

Still though, I don't doubt Mr President's abilities.

I'd also like to point out that in a PPR league, Bush scored 9.2 points to Deuce's 12.2.

I'm going to repost this since I want to make sure you understand my REAL ARGUEMENT since I think it may be lost:

Sure a RB can reach 1000 yards after an ACL injury, I am NOT debating that. I posted all of the information avaiable so as I wasn't giving biased information. 2 of the 5 failed to reach 1000 yards, while 1 other barely made it. I will say it once again, all of these backs recieved a majority of the carries from the team. They all had over 275 carries for the year. I don't think Duece gets more than 200 this year. AND THAT IS WHY HE WON'T GET 1000 YARDS.

hmmm.... 3 games, 53 carries, 218 yds, 2 tds.... plus 5 recs for 37 yds.

sure you could argue that he played CLE and GB to start the season, but he put up 81 on ATL who had previously shut down CAR and TB - both of whom had good running games last season and looked to do so again this season.

53 carries in 3 games is a 17.67 avg. Multiply that out over 16 games and you get 282.67 carries... hmmm... seems to me he's well on pace to get 200 carries, and right now is looking at 1162.67 yds.... :lol:

and by the way, in my main non-PPR league, he's currently ranked 13th RB - just 1/2 point behind 12....

hmmm.... 3 games, 53 carries, 218 yds, 2 tds.... plus 5 recs for 37 yds.

sure you could argue that he played CLE and GB to start the season, but he put up 81 on ATL who had previously shut down CAR and TB - both of whom had good running games last season and looked to do so again this season.

53 carries in 3 games is a 17.67 avg. Multiply that out over 16 games and you get 282.67 carries... hmmm... seems to me he's well on pace to get 200 carries, and right now is looking at 1162.67 yds.... B)

and by the way, in my main non-PPR league, he's currently ranked 13th RB - just 1/2 point behind 12....

Here's what Bush and Deuce's totals look like if you project their numbers over an entire year

Bush-181 carries/667 yards, 101 receptions/741 yards

Deuce-283 carries/1163 yards, 27 receptions/197 yards, 11 TDs

That doesn't look very realistic to me. :dunno: This is why we don't extrapolate stats after 3 games.

Here's what Bush and Deuce's totals look like if you project their numbers over an entire year

Bush-181 carries/667 yards, 101 receptions/741 yards

Deuce-283 carries/1163 yards, 27 receptions/197 yards, 11 TDs

That doesn't look very realistic to me. B) This is why we don't extrapolate stats after 3 games.

other than the fact that means NO runs the ball over 460 times this year, or you that you drafted Bush early so you still can't believe he's not the #1 in NO, what doesn't look realistic? i don't believe Bush is going to have 100 rec's - but i'm not extrapolating Bush stats here...

Deuce is a former #1 rusher, who once ran for 1600+ yds, and had 500+ yds rec'ing in a season (only 3 seasons ago), so why can't you believe he can get back to those numbers?

put down the Bush koolaide already. Sure he's going to be good, but you all drafted him way higher than he should have gone this year... and Deuce is the guy you all let slip by.

other than the fact that means NO runs the ball over 460 times this year, or you that you drafted Bush early so you still can't believe he's not the #1 in NO, what doesn't look realistic? i don't believe Bush is going to have 100 rec's - but i'm not extrapolating Bush stats here...

Deuce is a former #1 rusher, who once ran for 1600+ yds, and had 500+ yds rec'ing in a season (only 3 seasons ago), so why can't you believe he can get back to those numbers?

put down the Bush koolaide already. Sure he's going to be good, but you all drafted him way higher than he should have gone this year... and Deuce is the guy you all let slip by.

I didn't draft Bush, and you would've known that if you payed more attention to detail. :unsure:

For Deuce to get 283 carries, Reggie's role would be reduced to spelling Deuce and catching passes. There won't be 350+ carries in this offense, they just don't have the O-line for it yet. Now, do you think Payton and the guy signing Reggie's fat paychecks want to see their #1 pick on the sideline for most of the game? It makes much more sense to give the two about equal touches (200/25 for Deuce, 150/75 for Bush). I do like Deuce better in non-PPR leagues because he'll be getting the goal line opportunities, though.

I didn't draft Bush, and you would've known that if you payed more attention to detail. :unsure:

pay more attention to what details? like your sig because you're one of those self-gratification-needing special kids that put their roster in their sigs? here's a tip - i don't pay attention to them because that's something for the kids on the Little Help Bored that can't manage their own teams.

For Deuce to get 283 carries, Reggie's role would be reduced to spelling Deuce and catching passes. There won't be 350+ carries in this offense, they just don't have the O-line for it yet. Now, do you think Payton and the guy signing Reggie's fat paychecks want to see their #1 pick on the sideline for most of the game? It makes much more sense to give the two about equal touches (200/25 for Deuce, 150/75 for Bush). I do like Deuce better in non-PPR leagues because he'll be getting the goal line opportunities, though.

what's your reasoning that NO won't have more than 350 rushing attempts this year? Concrete facts, or did Payton tell you that himself in your dreams?

Right now there's alot more pointing to the fact that NO WILL have 400 rushes than there is to the idea that they WON'T have 350. Your "their O-line can't handle it theory" isn't what i call a fact...

Just because Bush is getting a fat paycheck doesn't mean he's going to take almost 1/2 the carries - Deuce is getting a fat paycheck too, and he's a proven commodity. Sure Bush won't just be a 3rd down guy either though.

Your 200 carry projection for Deuce is the whole point of my original post this morning - but you would have known that if you paid more attention to detail... :D :thumbsdown: