Sign in to follow this  
marley

Worst Starting QB

Alex Smith is a great QB if given enough time in the pocket. Plus, niner's was a real bad team before they even drafted him, a whole rebuilding process. I'd still give him time, since this year he will have antonio bryant and vernon davis the freak at TE. Last year he had a grumpy WR and a injured TE and Barlow who thinks he can play like Larry Johnson. Just a bit worried about Frank Gore who might not be able to take the full season load but getting rid of Barlow and Brandon Lloyd was the best thing they can do to change the negative attitude of the team.

I think Losman and David Carr are in contention for the number 1 worst QB. Holcomb is a backup, shouldn't even be a competition. Carr even with a average line up this pre-season makes the worst throws. He throws into a TE 5 yards behind the scrimmage line with 2 defensive guys on the TE and almost gets intercepted. The guy has a good arm (not the best in the nfl anyway) but makes bad decision.

grossman

:banana: far and away

Losman and Smith have shown some improvement this preseason. I'm not predicting they're going to bust out all over this season, but I ain't writing them off either.

Alex Smith is a great QB if given enough time in the pocket. Plus, niner's was a real bad team before they even drafted him, a whole rebuilding process. I'd still give him time, since this year he will have antonio bryant and vernon davis the freak at TE. Last year he had a grumpy WR and a injured TE and Barlow who thinks he can play like Larry Johnson. Just a bit worried about Frank Gore who might not be able to take the full season load but getting rid of Barlow and Brandon Lloyd was the best thing they can do to change the negative attitude of the team.

I think Losman and David Carr are in contention for the number 1 worst QB. Holcomb is a backup, shouldn't even be a competition. Carr even with a average line up this pre-season makes the worst throws. He throws into a TE 5 yards behind the scrimmage line with 2 defensive guys on the TE and almost gets intercepted. The guy has a good arm (not the best in the nfl anyway) but makes bad decision.

Carr? :ninja: Nope, if you ran for your life all the time you'd be inaccurate sometimes too!

Carr!

I would like to see what he has playing behind a good O-Line.

Aaron Brooks. This guy has been surrounded by tons of tallent since coming in and can't ever do anything on a consistent basis.

Charlie Frye :doublethumbsup:

Die

Frye is better than Alex Smith, Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton (although Griese will end up starting there I think), Aaron Brooks, David Carr (Harrington part 2) and possibly even Mark Brunell (who looks horrible this pre season and is way past his prime) and he's continually improving. Now that his weapons are getting healthy again (Winslow and Edwards) he should only get better.